New Posters of the Week (8/12)

August 12, 2012

Happy Sunday! Just the other day we took a look at some new posters for upcoming theatrical feature presentations. 4 days later, here comes another look at some more that have released since then. That’s right. It is once again time to check out all of the…

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters from films such as Antiviral, Trouble with the Curve, Red Dawn, and a few other films (some not so well-known).

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like Trouble with the Curve, Let Go, and Red Dawn (because it is “pre-Thor” and is reminiscent of the original.

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

up next: Movie News Monday!

1. todayiwatchedamovie permalink
    August 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Let Go looks too much like Burn After Reading.

• August 12, 2012 3:07 pm

i agree, but is that a bad thing? Perhaps on originality…but that’s the case for so many posters. I still like that its colors are attention grabbing.

Thanks for checking them out and commenting today.

2. August 13, 2012 8:29 am

The poster for Antiviral makes me think of the posters for True Blood.

Like the bit of sun flare in the For Ellen poster, but nothing really grabs me.

• August 14, 2012 4:55 pm

yeah, it DOES have a True Blood feel to it. You’re right. You know, I was wondering what made me like the For Ellen poster myself and you solved it for me. Thanks Jaina. I have no idea what the movie itself is about. haha

3. August 16, 2012 10:58 am

Huh. Let Go looks like a total rip off from Burn After Reading. I like Trouble with the cruve, it’s quite subtle and yet it catches the eye.

• August 21, 2012 9:25 am

I always find it interesting and sometimes disappointing when a poster can be so much more exciting than a trailer or movie itself. (referencing your love for the poster of Trouble with the Curve but disinterest in the trailer/movie). Isn’t it often funny how that happens sometimes. 🙂