It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 112

August 14, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, “Timeless Trilogies has now closed with 61 votes. The results are in. You have voted and the #1 best trilogy of all time has been chosen. Let me tell you, the voting stayed close all week. First place was tied, as was Second place, almost all week long. See how the voting results ended. Be sure to check out the results from last week’s poll’s HERE.

Spider-Man Trilogy…not the winner!

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Where You Watch”, asks a simple question: How do you like to watch movies?

So there’s a movie you’ve been waiting to see! You’ve seen and heard the hype, avoided spoilers, told friends and family you just HAD to see it, marked your calendar, and now the time of its release has come! YES! Only, a choice is laid before you: How and where will you watch it? Do you seek a special showing on a large screen (i.e. IMAX or XD)? Do you wait for it to release on Blu-ray and DVD to watch it then? Do you wait even longer and just watch it when there is nothing else on television?

How do YOU like to watch movies? If you go to the theater: Do you go to opening day/midnight premiere? Do you wait until it is almost out of the theaters? Do you buy it on dvd for your first time watch? Do you rent it instead?

I am curious to know how you enjoy the show!

Today I ask you:

Vote and then leave a comment elaborating on your choice.

The poll closes on 8-21-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

1. August 14, 2012 9:07 am

Voted for Theater and Blu-ray, I only go to IMAX for very special occasion, way too expensive! I don’t usually buy popcorn though. Btw, those who select ‘I don’t watch movies’ why even bother voting on a MOVIE blog, ahah.

• August 14, 2012 5:02 pm

haha! hooray. Good votes, Ruth. 🙂

I’m curious. If no popcorn, then what do you snack on at the movies?

(LOL at your statement on the final voting option) What fun!

• August 15, 2012 4:11 pm

I don’t snack on anything, I don’t like to be distracted whilst watching movies, I rarely do that at home either. I did sneak in my OWN popcorn (Kettle corn, my faves) to The Dark Knight Rises as I figure it’s gonna be almost 3 hrs long, plus the hour-long wait, we might be hungry. I’m just to cheap to buy at the cinema, ahah.

• August 21, 2012 9:21 am

🙂 I just smiled reading your comment

2. August 14, 2012 9:18 am

Cinema and TV. Though… it’s not so much network TV for me, but I couldn’t think of another option for what it is in the UK. Dedicated movie channels is what they are. But I pay. Not sure if that’s really network though, but it’s via TV and I don’t get commercials.

Love going to the cinema. Just wish I could go more often. I dream one day to spend an entire day in the cinema and emerging bleary eyed at some bizarre hour not knowing whether it’s light or dark outside!

• August 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Oh, good call, Jaina. I shoulda included tv channels that are just movie channels and repeat the same title about 60 times a month! ha. I forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me. At least they don’t have commercials.

What are you going to go see this weekend? Did you see Brave yet? Sorry, I haven’t been to your site yet. As you know, I am outta town with limited time/access. I will visit soon.

3. August 14, 2012 9:55 am

You cant pick the last one and pick a second haha 😀 However I picked the first two because I am for the big screen and cheap cheap popcorn 😀

• August 14, 2012 5:05 pm

True story! It was too fun of an option, I had to toss it in.

Great choices, Tim! Thanks for voting today

4. August 14, 2012 9:56 am

We don’t have an IMAX in my city. However, we did take a special trip to see Batman in IMAX this summer, which was pretty sweet. But I would only do that again for really big movies.

• August 14, 2012 5:06 pm

I am actually going to be checking out Batman on IMAX in the next couple days since I am in a city that has IMAX rt now. because, like you, there is no IMAX in my area. Thanks for voting today Ian. How have you been?

• August 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Not bad. I know I haven’t been updating my blog much lately, but movie season is slowing up I guess.

• August 21, 2012 9:19 am

It’s all good man. as you can tell, I’ve been super busy traveling and what not. Sorry it took so long to comment.

5. August 14, 2012 10:00 am

I love the theater and Blu-ray the most, but also the wide variety of streaming options currently available. Right now it’s so easy to watch any movie you can think of without ever having to leave home. Pretty crazy when compared to just 5-10 years ago.

• August 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Thankful for all the votes and comments today on the post! Streaming is a great option, Eric. Which program do you use? Netflix? Hulu? CinemaNow? Blockbuster? etc?

There are so many options now

• August 16, 2012 10:36 am

I use Netflix the most, but I also have Amazon Prime and will likely renew my Hulu+ subscription once the new TV seasons start. With so many streaming options, there’s no need to have cable. 🙂

• August 21, 2012 9:22 am

Hey Eric! Thanks for voting. How do you like Amazon Prime. I hear about it here and there from people but not too many folks I know use it.

• August 21, 2012 2:34 pm

I’m digging Prime. The streaming library is relatively small, but there’s some good stuff on there. The real highlight is the free two-day shipping though!

• August 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Good deal. I’m glad to hear some positive things about it.

6. August 14, 2012 2:28 pm

I did theater and blu-ray. But I also do IMAX and streaming. So many options…

• August 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Keith! Thanks for joining in and voting on this week’s poll. Those are my two preferred options as well. What was the last good movie you saw in IMAX?

• August 14, 2012 7:14 pm

The Dark Knight Rises. I only have access to the one IMAX screen so I generally avoid it due to the huge crowds. But there is an awesome multiplex that I love going to so it gets most of my business. But DK Rises looked GREAT on IMAX.

• August 21, 2012 9:19 am

I just saw it on IMAX while out of town, Keith! Man, I really enjoyed it. and it wasn’t crowded (about 15 people or so), so it was GREAT!

7. August 14, 2012 3:37 pm

I would love to go more IMAX screenings along with having a bigger Blue-ray collection…but unfortunately my money is tight right now. Also, i prefer candy when i go to the theater

• August 14, 2012 5:09 pm

You and I have similar desires right there man. IMAX and bigger Blu-ray collection.

we also have similar obstacles preventing that from happening…namely $$. haha 😀 I feel ya.

What type of candy do you usually snack on at the theater?

8. August 14, 2012 3:57 pm

It’s a block-buster type movie, or something else that has a big-impact visual focus (Fantasia 2000, The Lorax) I prefer to see it on the big screen. If it’s not, I’d usually rather save my money and view it at home. Most of the movies I watch at home are streamed, but this is more due to convenience than anything else. I sometimes watch movies on TV, but I stick to the commercial-free networks unless there’s a big reason not to. DVDs are for when I already know I like the movie, or for those rare occasions when it’s just too cheap to pass up.

• August 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Morgan! Thanks for voting today. the convenience of streaming is very nice. Jaina reminded me that I forgot to mention the commercial-free networks that show movies. That is a good choice but I get annoyed by them simply because when I am done watching, I want another movie…and they usually run the same movie for what seems a thousand showings in one month. I once sat and watched Tron Legacy on Starz and it played for 4 more times that day.

Variety is needed! haha

• August 14, 2012 5:22 pm

It’s true, they do get on those kicks. On the other hand, there are few things about television that suck more than noticing a movie you wanted to see is just ending and isn’t scheduled to be back on any time soon.

9. August 14, 2012 7:43 pm

So happy to see other people have love for the big screen. That said, you can’t beat the extras on a good BD release.

• August 21, 2012 9:19 am

Me too Paula, but, yes, I do love my BD collection

10. jackdeth72 permalink
    August 15, 2012 7:23 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

Interesting question and poll.

Compared to the 1960s and 70s, there aren’t just a heck of a lot of films that rise to the worth of traveling. Dealing with noisy, impolite crowds while hoping to be entertained.

I either buy or rent DVDs and watch on my huge, heavy, theft-proof large screened Sony.
    Or spend the night with Cokes, popcorn and TCM.

• August 21, 2012 9:20 am

My apologies on the tardiness of my reply. Thank you for taking the time to vote adn comment. going to the theater is not as prestigious of an event as it once was, but I still enjoy it probably the most!

11. August 15, 2012 2:59 pm

I only picked 1…Theatre. I rarely go to IMAX. Last Imax movie I went to see was MI5. However I do watch my movie opening day, or at least opening weekend. Its a schedule I’ve had to stick to in order to have my reviews posted Mon morning. Yes and I usually see all opening releases…lol

• August 21, 2012 9:21 am

I always love the fact that you see all of the opening releases. I try to. But I always know I can run over to your page to see your thoughts on movies that didn’t come to my area! You’re awesome

• August 26, 2012 9:59 pm