“Trailer Time Thursday!” 8.23.12

August 23, 2012

Quick note: Pardon the delay on my reviews for Hope Springs and Hit & Run. They are coming, but today’s two scheduled posts are pretty exciting and I wanted to get them to you first! Those reviews will post on Friday. Stay Tuned. I now return you to your regular scheduled program already in progress!

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Finally, your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”) has arrived!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

ENJOY!!! :)

Stolen. Nicolas Cage is BACK! (don’t hold your breath). Looks like he is following in Liam Neeson’s footsteps with Taken in this one as he stars as a previous thief who’s past comes back to haunt him. Previous affiliates want the money he stole and take his daughter in order to force him to relenquish the cash. I’m not certain I will let this one steal my money and time when it release on September 14, 2012.

The Impossible. The incredibly gripping portrayal of the horrific events of the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia that claimed the lives and futures of so many people. Experience this film based on the accounts of a family that lived through it. Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts star in this December 21, 2012 release.

End of Watch (trailer#2). This cop partner film, from the director of Training Day, pits two LAPD police officers in a situation against the entire cartel. This get tight in this upcoming thriller of bullets and brothers. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Peña and Anna Kendrick, look for the police to roll in on September 21, 2012.

Simon and the Oaks. A story of two boys coming of age in Sweden during World War II. This award-winning foreign film is scheduled to be in limited theaters in the U.S. on October 12, 2012.

Looper. Enjoy this alternate trailer for the upcoming thriller. I can’t wait to check this one out. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, and more. Releasing September 28th, Looper is one that I am excited for! Will you be checking it out? Enjoy the little bits of extra footage and plot in this action packed trailer!

The Tall Man. This new trailer for the horror film starring Jessica Biel as a mother who fights to find her abducted child only to learn that the entire town suffers from the haunting of an alleged legendary childsnatcher. Already on VideoOnDemand, this one hits video stores on September 25.

Spotlight Trailer of the Week.

Featurette for Lawless

Check out this new featurette for the upcoming prohibition period drama about some moonshiners who are stuck between a rock and a hard place when local corrupt law enforcement want part of their illegal earnings. Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Guy Pearce, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Shia LaBeouf star in this August 29 release.

What do you think? Are you excited to see this?

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: The Impossible, End of Watch and Looper. Which ones are your favorites??

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, August 24, 2012:

• Wide Release: Premium Rush, The Apparition and Hit & Run (released 8/22)
  • Limited Release: Samsara, Sleepwalk with Me, Little White Lies and more.

1. August 23, 2012 9:27 am

It’s still ALL about Looper!

• August 24, 2012 9:06 am

True true. Man, Looper is gonna be great

2. August 23, 2012 11:19 am

The true-story aspect really intrigues me about Lawless, that’s a cool featurette. Hope to catch that one on the big screen. The Impossible would be too heart-wrenching for me as the tsunami hit my homeland also.

• August 24, 2012 9:07 am

Yeah, me too. I really didn’t know about that part. Lawless…based on a true story…who knew? Well, now we know!

3. August 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Favorites: END OF WATCH, LOOPER, and LAWLESS. I’ve a fascination with Prohibition, I would love to make a movie about Detroit during that time. It would probably look a lot like LAWLESS…only with Canadian booze 😉

STOLEN & THE IMPOSSIBLE…probably will not see.

SIMON AND THE OAKS…possibly, I like that era as well.

THE TALL MAN looks way too scary. Is that The Smoking Man from X Files?

• August 24, 2012 9:08 am

Hi Paula! Thanks for stopping in.

You should make the movie. Do it for anomalous material’s fantasty draft pitch!

hahaha. I laughed at your Tall Man comment. I thought the same thing actually

• August 24, 2012 11:41 am

Oh I would love to make that movie. Don’t you have to be invited for the fantasy draft?

😉 You know that guy goes on vacation & people point & stare. “It’s him, it’s the Smoking Man!”

• August 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Just got to sign up when it opens each segment at AM. I will try to remember to let you know if you aren’t made aware when the next rolls around!

4. August 24, 2012 3:15 am

Stolen = Taken. Only… well, lacking Liam Neeson! I don’t know if Nic Cage can pull that off.

The Tall Man looks ridiculous. Bad. For one thing, I couldn’t help but laugh when they kept saying “Tall Man”. Also, Jessica Biel really can’t act.

I’ve stopped watching new trailers and stuff for Looper. So excited for that film, but I’m going trailer free as of a few weeks back.

End of Watch looks great. I’m a fan of Jake – looks good. Same with Lawless, looks like a solid film. Hope it delivers.

• August 24, 2012 9:09 am

yeah. Nic and Neeson are far from similar, but Cage can be a copycat! hahaha

I am excited for Looper so much. Does it release on the same day for you as it does for me?

• August 24, 2012 9:48 am

Yep, 28th September 😀 Can’t wait!