New Posters of the Week (8/24)

August 24, 2012

It is once again time to check out all of the…

I enjoy movie posters! The time and effort it takes to put some of these masterpieces together pays off! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite things to collect. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters from films such as Trouble with the Curve, the belated Solomon Kane, and a pretty sweet one for Looper along with others.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like Lincoln (Daniel Day-Lewis looks GREAT as the 16th President), Looper and The Solomon Kane one looks better than I think the movie will be. I’m a little disappointed in the Killing Them Softly poster, but RED 2 is a decent teaser. Which ones do you like?

Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

1. August 24, 2012 9:11 am

Wow, has Solomon Kane not been released over there yet?

I do like my simple but effective posters, but the one for Killing Them Softly is just a little bit too simple and, I think, lazy!

Poster for Looper looks great. And Lincoln.

• August 24, 2012 9:18 am

Yeah, it looks as if we are the last country to get Solomon Kane. It won’t be released here until September 28th in limited release…although it is hitting Video On Demand today.

Glad you liked LINCOLN. so did I.

• August 24, 2012 9:46 am

I’ve not actually seen Solomon Kane – looks awful, but it’s been on TV plenty of times here. It’s already hit TV here. That is crazy.

• August 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Yeah, I don’t expect it to be great by any stretch of the imagination. haha. that’s crazy that it’s already playing on the television over there when it hasn’t even reached theaters here. LOL

2. August 25, 2012 2:42 am

Daniel Day-Lewis does look pretty convincing as Lincoln. Red 2 and Lawless have decent posters. Solomon Kane‘s poster is a nice piece of simple art.

• August 29, 2012 2:24 pm

DDL looks amazing doesn’t he? oh man I can’t wait for that film! I hope it is far better than The Conspirator!

3. ilovethatfilm permalink
    August 28, 2012 3:59 am

Lincoln looking epic just from the simplicity of the face. That Killing Them Softly one is a bit odd. Still looking forward to the film though!

• August 29, 2012 2:32 pm

I really love the Lincoln poster and hope to own it one of these upcoming days! Thanks for stopping in and checking them out.