New Posters of the Week (9/27)

September 27, 2012

Earlier today we checked out new fun movie trailers, and now it is once again that time to check out all of the…

I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including two new ones for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the first one for DreamWorks Animations’ The Croods, and even a neat looking one for Stand Up Guys

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for The Hobbit, Rise of the Guardians, and Les Misérables. Which ones do you like?

Leave a comment! 🙂

And, if you liked today’s posters, don’t forget to check out today’s posters on this week’s edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!” (HERE).

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!”

1. September 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Frankenweenie, Les Mis (though the tagline very corny), Stand Up Guys, and Doctored are my faves.

• September 27, 2012 9:54 pm

haha, it’s funny you mention the tag line for Les Mis, because I was thinking along the same lines. haha. But we both still like the poster!

2. September 28, 2012 10:14 am

I’m not sure if I’m going to see it or not, but Anthony Hopkins does look a lot like Hitchcock in that poster.

• October 1, 2012 11:02 am

I’m going to see it for Scarlett Johansson! 😀

3. jackdeth72 permalink
    September 28, 2012 11:35 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

In the words of Colonel Jack O’Neill from ‘Stargate SG-1’: “I got nothing.”

Very pedestrian looking batch of posters this time around. Been familiar with Tim Burton’s personal project of ‘Frankenweenie’ for years. Don’t think the end result is going to be worth the time invested.

Also getting kind of tired of Sir Anthony Hopkins portraying people I look up to. And not doing it very well.

• October 1, 2012 11:01 am

ha. you don’t even like the Rise of the Guardians one? I thought it was pretty neat. Different than the previous ones.

I hear ya on Hopkins though

• jackdeth72 permalink
        October 1, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi, Terrence:

The idea of Hugh Jackman as a boomerang throwing Easter Bunny is kind of humorous.

What I’d love to see is the rumored short animation where DC Comic’s extra-terrestrial biker bounty hunter, Lobo makes a deal with a distraught and overly jealous Easter Bunny to off Santa Claus, who has a much larger holiday!

• October 1, 2012 11:44 pm

🙂 ha

4. September 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Stand Up Guys has a good poster. I also like the first Hobbit one (the other is all right.)

• October 1, 2012 10:57 am

The Stand Up Guys is different and I like that about it.

5. ilovethatfilm permalink
    October 2, 2012 9:50 am

Love the Bilbo one!

• October 3, 2012 10:56 pm

It just screams Lord of the Rings style!!