It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 119

October 2, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll, Who Annoyed You Most? Rnd 1 has now closed with an average of  22 votes per poll. The results are in and the winners of Rnd 1 of the most annoying characters have been chosen. This poll was very fun to say the least. Interesting to see some of the results, especially as Anakin Skywalker and Ruby Rohd were tied almost all week long.

Congratulations to all the winners! ha. We will see them again in a future continuation with Round 2! Thanks to all that voted. Be sure to check out the results from last week’s polls HERE to know who will be moving on!

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Two For One”, takes a look at actors who played the same character in a movie! With Looper in theaters starring Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt impressively playing one another it started me thinking about other movies in which actors do the same thing. You know, like Nicolas Cage and John Travolta in Face/Off who also played each other so amazingly.

For this poll, we will be looking at actors who shared a character in the same movie (not in a series). That being the case, there is no option for Robert De Niro/Marlon Brando in The Godfather (series), or Ewan McGregor/Alec Guinness in Star Wars (series), or Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhaal in the Batman trilogy (series), etc.

Today I ask you to consider:

Some tough picks today. Choose wisely. Some of those performances mentioned were so spot on! I can’t wait to see who you all choose by the end. The poll closes on 10-9-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

ATTENTION all “Time To Vote Tuesday” participants and followers!

November is fast approaching, and that means election time! This year, the THIRD annual Powerful Presidential Poll will be held on November 6, 2012. As usual, the two political parties will be DC and MARVEL and the candidates will be announced for voting on that day. In 2010 (click HERE), Superman won the presidency, and last year (click HERE) Captain America beat him by barely 1 vote! This year the tides may turn and bring change! Start to prepare as the Presidential election is sure to spark up some debate and mudslinging!

Here are your current office holders:

How it changes this year will be completely up to you! REMEMBER, REMEMBER the 6TH of NOVEMBER!

1. Chris permalink
    October 2, 2012 8:54 am

I didn’t vote for looper or mib3. I thought those bordered more on a younger actor imitating the older actor and not enough of the older actor going back to the younger one. Especially since the older actors in these cases have just the one character. They play themselves and the younger guy is playing the older actor, not the character.

• October 3, 2012 10:54 pm

I saw it quite differently in Looper actually, but I understand what you’re saying. Who then did you vote for?

2. jackdeth72 permalink
    October 2, 2012 9:53 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

Went with ‘Fight Club’ and Jessica Chastain and Helen Mirren in ‘The Debt’.

• October 3, 2012 10:56 pm

Nice choices sir! Thanks for voting this week. Always a pleasure to have you here

3. October 2, 2012 1:20 pm

Oooh I like this poll! I was hoping someone would use the two-actors-playing-the-same-character theme as a post idea. I voted for Face/Off as that’s one of my guilty pleasures! 😉

• October 3, 2012 10:58 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about it last week and decided to do it in honor of Looper. Glad you voted for Face Off. Cage and Travolta were so great at playing reverse roles

4. October 2, 2012 2:52 pm

Ouch. I have only seen one of these films, so I guess Fight Club gets my vote by default. Gonna try to catch Looper this weekend, though.

• October 3, 2012 11:02 pm

ha. Fight Club is still a good pick.

5. October 3, 2012 1:24 am

Voted for the first two. You shouldn’t have added the Looper one, because I didn’t know that and it is a bit of a spoiler to me (wanting to know as little as possible about a movie)

• October 3, 2012 11:05 pm

Nostra, you know i truly never intend to spoil. sorry that happened for you. I almost did not include Fight Club for the same reason. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to draw the line, but the exclusion of them may have truly been a disservice to the poll.

wasn’t my intention to ruin it with all the promo materials, posters, slogans, synopsis, reports, reviews, etc (I know you avoid trailers). I figured it still was understood that they were. I’m not certain what to say here except that was not my intention. sorry my friend. Although, please don’t let it ruin the movie for you…nor your experience here at TFF

• October 4, 2012 1:50 am

No worries T, it won’t but since I already knew I was going to see it I because it includes time travel I knew enough and just don’t look at anything related to it…

• October 6, 2012 11:29 am

I understand and will also try to keep that in mind more. I love when youre here on the site!

6. October 3, 2012 1:35 am

FIGHT CLUB!!

• October 3, 2012 11:05 pm

hey! you can’t talk about that Scott! 🙂

7. October 3, 2012 5:01 am

Fight Club and Looper get my votes here. JGL’s whole persona changed. Amazing transformation.

Was tempted with Face/off – but …. that’s just Nic Cage going bat shit crazy!

• October 3, 2012 11:06 pm

ha. I actually see Cage’s performance as pretty solid in that one. He really took on Travolta and vice versa. lol thanks for voting. what are you seeing this weekend?

• October 9, 2012 9:12 pm

Nic Cage is always bat sh*t crazy but in Face/Off he was very entertaining!! I stand by my vote here T 🙂

• October 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I like your choice of Face/Off actually and was hoping it’d win. I stand by you! 😀

8. Akka permalink
    October 6, 2012 12:23 am

Oops, I clicked wrong! I meant to vote for JGL/Bruce Willis, not Ed Norton! Can you adjust this?

• October 6, 2012 11:21 am

I cannot unfortunately. choose wisely. 🙂