New Posters of the Week (10/4)

October 4, 2012

Earlier today we checked out new fun movie trailers, and now it is once again that time to check out all of the…

(Note, I tried to finish up my thoughts on Taken 2 for you this evening after work, but that review is better saved for tomorrow. Stay tuned…and in the meantime enjoy the New Posters of the Week.)

I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including ones for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn pt 2, Jack Reacher, Broken City, and a cool looking Mondo poster for Killing Me Softly. (for more neat posters for Killing Me Softly, visit Collider’s spotlight here.)

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for The Lone Ranger, Killing Them Softly, and The Sessions. Which ones do you like?

Leave a comment! 🙂

And, if you liked today’s posters, don’t forget to check out today’s trailers on this week’s edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!” (HERE).

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

up next: Review for TAKEN 2

1. October 4, 2012 7:56 pm

That Killing Them Softly poster is great. I also like the retro feel of The Sessions. Flight‘s poster isn’t terribly original, but it’s effective. And the Twilight poster cracked me up — I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen bad acting captured in a still frame.

• October 6, 2012 11:27 am

hahaha “And the Twilight poster cracked me up — I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen bad acting captured in a still frame.” Funny stuff. Truer words were never spoken!

• October 6, 2012 12:19 pm

That made me laugh too. Well said Morgan.

2. October 5, 2012 1:51 am

Quite like the LONE RANGER one, even though I have no interest in the film

• October 6, 2012 11:25 am

that seems to be the common consensus my friend. sad days.

3. October 5, 2012 4:30 am

Zero Dark Thirty, The Sessions, The Lone Ranger, and Killing Them Softly are original and enticing. Everything else looks seriously overdone (why is faces in clothing so cool now? = Parker) and very lazy.

• October 6, 2012 11:25 am

I couldn’t agree more with your entire statement my friend. Thank you for checking out the posters and commenting

4. October 5, 2012 7:11 am

The Lone Ranger looks pretty nifty. The Jack Reacher one makes me think of that other Tom Cruise film poster – Minority Report. Killing Them Softly is my top one out of this bunch. The posters they had when it was released here were diabolical!

• October 6, 2012 11:24 am

The Jack Reacher one is so…meh. Ghost Protocol was similar with his face all up close with his hoodie on. I’m over it.

But the Killing them Softly….WIN!!

5. October 5, 2012 10:34 am

That LONE RANGER one is very cool. I’m curious about Great Expectations but the poster is so generic looking. Stath and J LO?? Talk about major meh!

• October 6, 2012 11:23 am

haha at your Statham comment.

I do like the Lone Ranger poster actually. very…dark knight rises-ish

6. jackdeth72 permalink
    October 6, 2012 10:36 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I kind of like the ethereal look of ‘Killing Them Softly’.

Also nice to see that my theory of Jason Statham being this generation’s Steven Seagal seems to be panning out. Jason needs better projects.

• October 6, 2012 11:18 am

I like that one too. I’d like to own it and add it to my collection.

poor Statham. I want him to do something different too. But only, what kind of role? It’d be fun to see him be the bad guy in a movie.

• jackdeth72 permalink
        October 6, 2012 11:38 am

Hi, Terrence:

I’d like to see Statham play against character.

Maybe have in a role where he’s married with kids and a complete milquetoast. Yet bears a striking resemblance to someone everyone wants dead. A retired hired killer. A witness in Federal Protection. A scathing film or food critic. Someone who doesn’t tip. You name it, but Stratham has enemies he’s unaware of!

Throw Ninjas, snipers, femme fatale assassins and Evil Midnight Bombers what Bombs at Midnight his way. While he goes about his 9 to 5 job and blissfully, unknowingly walks through the many explosions, cars wrecks and
        missed shots, Shuriken, poison darts and arrows.

If that doesn’t work, he can always be a Bondian henchman.

• October 6, 2012 11:40 am

haha. I LOVE that idea. and it’s funny, I was thinking he should be in a Bond movie as a bad guy.

I would pay to see that movie. Thanks for the fun idea. Maybe it can be made. Here’s hoping

7. October 6, 2012 12:19 pm

Bauahaha! What is with that Twilight poster! Are they running a marathon? That’s one of the stupidest posters I’ve ever seen! Oh man, I love it. So awful.

• October 8, 2012 6:41 pm

as I told Lady Sati, ha, the Twilight poster is quite the “running” joke here. hahaha

8. October 7, 2012 6:53 pm

Twilight poster is so hilarious, I couldn’t stop laughing the first time I saw it. Love the posters for The Sessions and Killing Them Softly, though.

• October 8, 2012 6:38 pm

haha. it seems to be the “running” joke of this post! 😀

1. New Posters of the Week @ TheFocusedFilmographer « The Cinematic Consensus Group