It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 121

October 16, 2012

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s polls on Monster Mania have now closed with a total of  20 & 23 votes respectively. The results are in and the best of the monsters have been chosen. In accordance with the results from Fogsmoviereviews’ poll which posed the same question, King Kong does not reign supreme.

In the second poll, asking for the best of the “secondary” monsters, it remained a little bit closer. While the option for “Other” received the most votes, a clear answer was still made. Congratulations to the winners! Thanks to all that voted. Be sure to check out the results from last week’s polls HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in last week’s polls, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Up and Coming Talent”, I ask you to consider current child actors whose performances on screen are believable and enjoyable. Perhaps they are not the Shirley Temples and Macaulay Culkins that we’d like for them to be, but they make the grade.

There are several to choose from, actually. The inspiration for this question comes from two different places. Bailee Madison’s 13th birthday was yesterday (October 15th) and Chloë Grace Moretz’s teaser trailer for the Carrie remake/re-adaptaion hit the web yesterday as well (see it HERE). After both of these events took place yesterday, I started thinking about child actor performances that I enjoyed in movies.

The first one that comes to mind from the past was that of Dakota Fanning’s in Man on Fire. Wow what a job well done by a much younger Dakota Fanning! So great! [Trivia Time: Did you know that her younger sister, Elle, also worked with Denzel in a movie? Yep. She was in Deja Vu with him.]

So now we look at this latest generation of young actors. Specifically, the ones in the photo and poll below.

Today I ask you to consider: (preferably, try to vote for 1 boy and 1 girl)

Choose wisely. I look forward to the results of this question next week. The poll closes on 10-23-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

ATTENTION all “Time To Vote Tuesday” participants and followers!

November is fast approaching, and that means election time! This year, the THIRD annual Powerful Presidential Poll will be held on November 6, 2012. As usual, the two political parties will be DC and MARVEL and the candidates will be announced for voting on that day. In 2010 (click HERE), Superman won the presidency, and last year (click HERE) Captain America beat him by barely 1 vote! This year the tides may turn and bring change! Start to prepare as the Presidential election is sure to spark up some debate and mudslinging!

Here are your current office holders:

How it changes this year will be completely up to you! REMEMBER, REMEMBER the 6TH of NOVEMBER!

1. October 16, 2012 2:48 pm

I really liked Asa Butterfield in Hugo. Another great child actor I like from last year was Shailene Woodley in The Descendants, though that’s the only thing I’ve seen of her work.

• October 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Shailene is a good choice. Yes. I was going to include so many, but opted to go with the “younger” of the young actors. Thanks for voting and for leaving the comment today!

2. October 16, 2012 3:27 pm

I am surprised Hunter McCracken and isabelle Furhman aren’t on this list. His performance in tree of Life imo was nothing short of amazing, and i hope to see him in more films. And i still feel Isabelle is extremely underrated.

For your poll, i didn’t see the 1 guy 1 girl rule so from your list i ended u voting for Elle and Chloe. Sorry about that

• October 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Yeah, they haven’t been in too much that I have seen and didn’t make my list. I will agree that Hunter was great in Tree of Life even if the movie itself was not.

It’s okay that you didn’t vote 1 for 1. it’s just the preference, but I want everyone to vote for what they want. I’m surprised you didn’t pick Bailee seeing as you always seem to mention her.

• October 16, 2012 5:50 pm

True. Hopefully both will get more prominent roles in the future 🙂

And i didn’t know i had mentioned Bailee before.

3. October 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I have to admit I’m not too familiar with all of these choices, but I opted for Chloe Moretz and Asa Butterfield. They were quite good in Hugo.

• October 18, 2012 7:09 pm

They were indeed. There are so many child actors out there Eric that are up and coming. It can be confusing. I often confuse Kodi Smit-McPhee and Asa Butterfield.

4. October 17, 2012 1:51 am

Have to go with Elle Fanning. Saw that a lot of votes were cast on Chloë Grace Moretz, but I thought here character in 500 days was just too wise for such a young kid (I liked her acting though, but because of her character being too wise for her years it annoyed me)

• October 18, 2012 7:09 pm

I actually really like the fact that you voted for Elle here. a good choice.

5. October 17, 2012 2:15 am

Surprised by the love for Moretz, I cannot stand her!! ~Elle Fanning ftw!!

• October 18, 2012 7:09 pm

can’t stand Moretz huh?

6. October 17, 2012 8:26 am

I totally agree with the comment by Scott Lawlor. Moretz is just ok, but in my opinion has nothing on Elle Fanning and Bailee Madison. I adore and love almost all of Bailee’s performances, and she only gets better with time. But since u asked us to pick a boy & girl, I did choose Elle Fanning over her, and also Jayden Smith. I like how I am able to see Elle Fanning as her own person and not just Dakota’s sister. Their acting styles are very different, and Elle hits her characters on spot!

I chose Jayden because I thought he outshined his own father with his performance in The Pursuit of Happiness, and I was more than pleased with the remake of Karate Kid. He is memorable, and I look forward to his upcoming projects.

Great Poll! 🙂

• October 18, 2012 7:12 pm

I have to take a moment and thank you for voting for Jaden Smith actually. I was afraid there would be a lot of disapproval of him as I remember several comments about his performance in Karate Kid.

Bailee is also a great up and coming starlet. I enjoy her performances.

7. October 17, 2012 10:13 am

Great poll topic, there are quite a few of talented kid actors out there. I’d have put down Thomas Brodie Sangster and Freddie Highmore as well who’ve impressed me in a couple of movies, oh and Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit!

• October 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks Ruth for voting. I am unfamiliar with the ones you listed and will have to look them up.

aside from Hailee Steinfeld that is.

8. ilovethatfilm permalink
    October 17, 2012 10:50 am

oooh tricky. Elle Fanning for now but really interested to see this Carrie remake!

• October 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey Pete. Did you see the trailer for Carrie yet?