New Posters of the Week (10/19)

October 19, 2012

It is time once again to check out all of the…

I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including a new poster for Jack Reacher, one of several character posters for Django Unchained, and a new poster for Carrie.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Not very much to write home about in this week’s offering of cinematic artwork. Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for The World’s End, Cirque du Soleil, and the character poster for Django Unchained. You can check out the rest of the character posters here. Which ones do you like?

Leave a comment! 🙂

And, if you liked today’s posters, don’t forget to check out today’s trailers on this week’s edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!” (HERE).

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

1. October 19, 2012 9:16 pm

I disagree with you, I think it’s a pretty good batch of posters here, even the one I like the least (Save the Date) is somewhat intriguing. None of them are real standouts as being incredible, but they’re all pretty decent in my opinion. I think my favorite is You Will Know Her Name.

• October 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Hey! Glad you found several you enjoyed. It’s so interesting how everyone’s tastes differ. usually I like several of the posters and you find them mediocre. this time around you like them and I find them just so-so! That’s actually very cool to me. Thanks for commenting and enjoying the posters

2. October 20, 2012 10:23 am

Isn’t the Carrie poster the same as The Social Network but with a serif font and bloody face? Boring!

• October 23, 2012 3:07 pm

It IS The Social Network poster, Jaina! I hadn’t noticed til now. You’re right! You win.

yep, I feel the same abt the poster as I do about the trailer. I will reserve judgment until more comes out tho

3. October 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Yea, super generic posters. All the ones for Jack Reacher basically have Tom Cruise posing as himself, it almost feels like a prank at this point.

• October 23, 2012 3:08 pm

man, I am so disappointed with the stuff that has come out for the Jack Reacher movie except for this most recent trailer. Not because it looks so good, but I do like the use of silent comedy in the trailer.

4. October 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Pretty uninspiring on the whole. The ones for Django Unchained and The World’s End are nice, though.

• October 23, 2012 3:09 pm

The World’s End is pretty neat!