Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
Last week’s poll, entitled “Big Screen of 2015” has closed. You are invited to visit HERE and see the final results. Normally I would elaborate, but today is a very special edition of “Time to Vote Tuesday” and I want to get right to it. Thank you to everyone that voted last week.
On to this week’s!
Back in 2010 I decided that since politics offer little in terms of choice nowadays that I’d switch it up a little bit. What if our choice for President was between two more interesting political parties? Namely, Marvel and DC? Hit the jump to continue reading and place your important presidential vote!
The 1st annual presidential poll received the largest response up to that time and resulted in Superman as President and Batman as Vice-President. In 2011, the poll’s popularity increased and races were even tighter (Superman lost by 1 as the “Star-Spangled Man with a Plan” Captain America was sworn into office). Well, the winners of last year’s election have finished out their term of office! Some of them have opted to seek re-election, some bowed out of politics altogether, and some new candidates have arisen…and they want your votes. (To get an idea of how things went last year, click the photo below)
While the selection may have changed this year, the rules remain the same.
- There are 10 nominees below for you to vote for.
- The political parties are Marvel and D.C. (you don’t have to vote for two in the same party).
- You must vote for 2 (TWO)!
- Leave a comment about who you prefer to be President and WHY!
- Poll closes next Tuesday morning. -Most votes wins Prez, 2nd most votes wins Vice-Prez, 3rd wins Speaker of the House…and so on and so forth.
- You are permitted to leave Superhero Political Propaganda in the comments section! —highly encouraged!
- Share this poll with your friends, Like to get as many votes as we can for this one! Thanks!
EVERY VOTE COUNTS! Hit the vote button! Even if you live outside of the U.S., you can place a vote for The President! 😉
Below you will find all ten candidates and a very brief bio/description of each. The unbiased info is there to help make an informed decision when you cast your ballot. I encourage you to read first and then vote wisely. This poll only comes once a year! Be sure to vote!!!
- Current office held: Governor of NY
- The Good: Great believer in supporting education programs. Supports local law enforcement. Loves to hang out with the people.
- The Bad: May be a clone. Has been accused of keeping friends close and enemies closer (i.e. Harry Osborne, Eddie Brock, Otto Octavius). Girlfriends often go missing or worse.
- Slogan: “The Reasonable & Responsible Choice.”
- Synopsis: A newcomer to national politics, this candidate’s fresh take on issues may be exactly what our nation needs. Has quite the web of connections.
- Current office held: Attorney General
- The Good: Understands politicians and can keep them honest.
- The Bad: Not very diplomatic. Unsettling connection to Zeus. Knows Hades.
- Slogan: “The best vote in the booth is a vote for the stars, stripes, and the truth!”
- Synopsis: With close ties to Superman, her election may seem to some as nothing less than round 2 of Superman’s highly polarizing term in office. But, she usually accomplishes what she sets out to do.
- Current office held: Head of the Future Foundation
- The Good: Advocate for programs geared towards the future of the American people and advancement.
- The Bad: Been known to not take a solid stand on certain issues and to stretch the truth.
- Slogan: “Reaching out to those invisible between a rock and hot place!”
- Synopsis: Believes in people and in teamwork. Has worked numerous partnerships and successfully averted several “doom”-ing terrorist plots.
- Current office held: Ambassador Overseas
- The Good: Great influence “over seas” (foreign policy). Believes in funding water-powered energy plants to help economy.
- The Bad: Slippery in terms of committing to any other projects not involving aquatics.
- Slogan: “Hello Fish”
- Synopsis: May cause division in the country but can unite country with those across the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
- Current office held: President pro tempore of the United States Senate
- The Good: Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist.
- The Bad: Volatile, Self-obsessed, and Doesn’t play well with others. Basically just a big man in a suit of armor.
- Slogan: The “I” in “Team”
- Synopsis: A level of confidence that sees more accomplishments than failures. Perhaps a bit overambitious, but perhaps exactly what may be necessary.
- Current office held: Vice-President of the United States (elected President back in 2010)
- The Good: Near impenetrable. Able to enforce policy. Served the people as President once already.
- The Bad: An illegal alien. Can be arrogant to a fault. Weakened by kryptonite and women [i.e. the Attorney General (see HERE and HERE), Lois Lane, Lana, etc.] More brawn than brain at times. Known to fly off the handle.
- Slogan: “For a Super Tomorrow, Choose Today!”
- Synopsis: Questionable 1st presidential run left voters curious about a rumored impending alien invasion takeover. No big strides in world/universal peace. Uncertain priorities noted as he was oddly missing/unavailable to assist while Batman and the people of Gotham were under terrorist attack in the summer of 2012. His excuse- “I was filming a movie.”
- Current office held: Secretary of State
- The Good: Highly influential in local, national, and foreign politics. Supports diversity, tolerance and funded an anti-bullying afterschool program in numerous states.
- The Bad: Rumored to have psychic abilities. Has been heard saying that the X-Men movies are better than Star Wars movies.
- Slogan: “The President you didn’t know you wanted.”
- Synopsis: Powerful, yet still unable to accomplish peace between warring factions. Perhaps his vision for a unified world is a bit premature.
- Current office held: Secretary of the Interior
- The Good: Strong supporter for recycling and keeping things green. Great imagination that brings programs into reality.
- The Bad: Questionable religious or cult-ish affiliation of unknown/alien origin.
- Slogan: “Being Green: I make it look easy!”
- Synopsis: Who controls whom? Does his ring/religion control him or is it the other way around? Not very forthcoming, but may also be a good thing…keeps enemies from knowing how to attack!
- Current office held: President.
- The Good: A born leader and supports the stars and stripes!
- The Bad: May be better in Secret Service as he is quick to fall on the grenade for his fellow man.
- Slogan: “There can only be one President, and I’m pretty sure he dresses like Cap!”
- Synopsis: Captain America still has much to prove as he is a man out of his own time. Foiled the Red Skull in WWII, but what has he done since then besides sleep and eat schwarma?
- Current office held: Speaker of the House
- The Good: Resourceful. Great aggressive negotiation skills. Can growl. Sponsored by Ricola cough drops! Refuses to send jobs to China.
- The Bad: Often found at local asylum. Never smiles. Interesting affiliation with a certain Selina Kyle.
- Slogan: “Because I’m Batman!”
- Synopsis: A psychological loose cannon. Publicly denounced producing weapons of mass destruction but secretly produced and hid a nuclear bomb in his very own city. Can he be trusted? But then again, a man in the office of the Presidency must be able to keep secrets.
POLL is CLOSED: Visit HERE for official results!
Let the debates and propaganda begin! 😀 Will Superman become President once again in Grover Cleveland style? Will Aquaman rule from sea to shining sea? Will Iron Man forge a new path of political justice? The political rallies have started.
LEAVE A COMMENT supporting your favorite candidates! And be sure to press the “Like” button and the press the “Share” buttons below to share this poll via your Facebook, Twitter, Website, text msgs, etc! We need as many votes as possible here, the country’s future depends on it.
The poll will remain open until it closes on 11-13-11. The exciting results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching! Now HIT THOSE POLLS!!!
–T, The Focused Filmographer