Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
Last week’s poll, “Powerful Presidential Politics 3” has now closed with an historic amount of participation. Read on for further details on the anticipated results AND for this week’s new poll. Thank you to everyone who voted and made last week’s poll fun!
Well, first off, allow me to thank all of you for making last week’s poll….the “Powerful Presidential Poll 3”…such an even GREATER success than previous installments of this annual poll! Each year, the amount of votes that come in for this poll increase. 2010’s election had 112 votes, 2011’s election ended with 181 votes, and this year’s Powerful Presidential Poll ended with a record 275 votes (the most voted on session of all time in the history of “Time to Vote Tuesday!”)!
Thank YOU! WOW! All of you who voted, shared the polls with your friends and followers, and commented in the “debate” section! A great turnout. You can read the original poll’s post HERE.
The race for the White House was an interesting one to say the least. Here are some of the events that transpired.
- At one point in time Professor X led the charge and remained hopeful in securing the Presidency in his 3rd run.
- At one point in time there was a two-way tie for President Pro Tempore!
- There was a moment in which Batman and Superman were tied for the Presidency!
- Mr. Fantastic barely beat Spiderman in the final day of the polls!!
- Marvel received 116 votes and DC received 159 votes!
So here are the results:
The polls closed with these overall results:
- Batman-56 President Bruce Wayne
- Superman-54 Vice-President Clark Kent
- Iron Man-45 Speaker of the House Tony Stark
- Captain America-28 President pro tempore of the Senate, Steve Rogers
- Professor X-26 Secretary of State Charles Xavier
- Wonder Woman-25 Secretary of the Treasury Princess Diana
- Aquaman-12 Secretary of Defense Joseph Curry
- Green Lantern-12 Attorney General Hal Jordan
- Mr. Fantastic-9 Secretary of the Interior Reed Richards
- Spiderman- 8 Secretary of Agriculture Peter Parker
Repeat Offenders: Both Superman and Professor X retain their spots from the previous election!
“Extra! Extra! Read all about it! DC takes over DC once again!!”
- The era of bipartisanship is over as DC moves in to Washington, DC.!
- Superman almost won the presidency for the 2nd time, but Batman won it in a last minute amount of votes in the night!
- Green Lantern was interviewed at the end of the poll and expressed gratitude to the people for giving him more than 1 vote finally.
- Spiderman’s first run at office barely escaped Mr. Fantastic’s reach, but Fantastic finally grabbed the spot above.
- Aquaman was more than elated to be Secretary of Defense as he controls the oceans around the continental U.S. and vowed to protect the country from sea to shining sea.
- Iron Man loves the spotlight and gladly accepted the opportunity to speak for the House…and by that, he meant speak all about himself!
- Princess Diana dutifully accepted the role of Secretary of the Treasury. As daughter of Zeus, she knows how to work around a lot of gold.
A special “Thank You” once again to all of you who participated, added propaganda, shared the poll, commented, talked to me about the poll, everything! It truly was a lot of fun!
Whew!! Tough choices last week! This week’s poll entitled “Butler Birthday” is easier, I assure you!
We’ve seen him as an “ab”-solutely cool Spartan king, a rom-com love interest (more than once), and a justice seeking convict. He’s been in a lot of roles and I look forward to seeing more from this Scotland-born thespian. How many of his movies can you name? Did you know that he is credited in more than 50 titles on IMDB? Quite the resume. We will see him next in Playing for Keeps which releases on December 7, 2012.
Can’t wait to see what fun answer wins! 😀 The poll closes on 11-20-12 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: Posters of the Week