New Posters of the Week (11/14)

November 14, 2012

It is time once again to check out all of the…

Wow, it’s been almost 2 weeks since I did a segment of posters. In the first week of November, not very much came out at all by way of posters. But that definitely changed in the second week. You know that I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have tons of new posters including a new poster for Oz the Great and Powerful, Red Dawn and even another new one for Hitchcock. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for Red Dawn, Django Unchained, Jurassic Park 3D and Zero Dark Thirty.

That poster for The Host reminds me of Cowboys & Aliens while 21 & Over looks exactly like a ripoff from Project X‘s poster. Gambit gets points for its throwback look, but what’s up with the mediocre photoshop job for Gangster Squad? (Oh, and to see the full banner for Oz: The Great & Powerful that puts 3 of the posters together into one beautiful collage, click HERE. It’s pretty sweet.

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

1. November 14, 2012 8:41 am

The poster for Django is pretty cool. I also like the Jurassic Park 3D one.

• November 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Nice choices. Thanks for checking them out and commenting.

2. November 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

I don’t care how much you pretty them up. I still don’t like flying monkeys!

Cool looking clawed paw ‘Under the Bed’! It reminds me of Cronenberg’s ‘The Brood’.

Anthony Hopkins’ profile of Hitchcock is wrong.

What is ‘Warm Bodies’ supposed to be? A ‘Twilight’-ish Zombie Rom~Com?!

I like the 1960s, Blake Edwards look of the ‘Gambit’ poster. Nice steal or homage for the Coen brothers.

• November 19, 2012 12:55 pm

haha, well perhaps the flying monkeys were all just under the wicked witches spell. Come on! they could be real sweethearts if you give them a chance and get to know them. LOL

Thanks for checking out the posters this week my friend.

3. November 15, 2012 1:59 am

Killing Me Softly strikes me as my fave!

• November 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Surprisingly the Killing Me Softly posters have all been pretty decent. I’m not understanding though why so many of them are patriotic in a sense with the red/white/blue American flag usage.

4. November 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Nothing really caught my attention here, but that Gambit one looks like a retro Bond poster, ahah.

• November 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I thought about Bond when I saw Gambit too. haha 😀

5. November 16, 2012 12:56 am

They are really doing their damnedest to make the new Gambit look like the old Gambit aren’t they? At which point, I just have to ask, what’s the point?

• November 19, 2012 12:59 pm

that’s a good point. but perhaps it is for people like me who haven’t seen the old one. They are making it look like that so that perhaps down the line I may have interest in seeing the old one if I like the new one??? who knows. I may be taking a gamble here and stretching for a reason.

6. November 16, 2012 5:07 pm

I love Killing Me Softly and In Their Skin posters. I didn’t know there’s Jurrasic Park 3D, ewww. Gangster Squad poster looks very oldies!

• November 19, 2012 1:01 pm

but the Jurassic Park one look so sweet. haha I actually am looking forward to seeing it on the big screen again. 🙂

7. ilovethatfilm permalink
    November 20, 2012 10:46 am

The JP one is awesome. I’m intrigued by Red Dawn, surprised they didn’t stick Hemsworth’s mug front and centre!

• November 20, 2012 12:46 pm

I like the Jurassic Park one quite a bit myself.