New Posters of the Week (11/21)

November 21, 2012

It is time once again to check out all of the…

You know that I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have tons of new posters including a new poster for Evil Dead, This is 40 and Jack the Giant Slayer. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for The Baytown Outlaws, The Girl and Only God Forgives.

That poster for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is almost an exact ripoff from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Just sayin.

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. (posters courtesy ImpAwards and Collider)

Have a great day!

up next: “Trailer Time Thursday!” and Review for Life of Pi

1. November 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Totally agree with you. Baytown Outlaws looks like it could be a poster for Baywatch (in a good way), and I get the feeling that’s what they’re going for. Only God Forgives is such a stark image that tells me nothing about the movie, but makes me curious about it nonetheless. If there wasn’t the similarity to Harry Potter, the City of Bones poster looks pretty great too. And even though having a person turn into pieces of something else, it almost always looks great like it does with the Girl. I also like the This is 40 poster, especially because I so much enjoy the tagline “sort-of sequel”, I also think the out of focus foreground was a bold choice that works in this context.

As for the bad, I don’t care for the penis gun trying its best to hide Johnny Knoxville, or the Playing for Keeps photo panels, and even for just a title poster, Jack the Giant Slayer is pretty boring. Oh, and Tina Fey’s eyes are looking too far to the side in Admission, it makes her look very offputting. Overall, not a bad batch this week.

• November 21, 2012 8:18 pm

oops, “even though having a person turn into pieces of something else” has been done many times, “it almost always looks great like it does with The Girl.”

• November 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry for the delayed response my friend. I always look forward to your thoughts on Posters of the Week. One quick note, I actually like the “sort of sequel” tagline for This is 40 myself.

I thought a little bit about Shutter Island when I saw The Girl, but, like you, I still liked the poster quite a bit! Thanks for checking out the posters.

2. impsndcnma permalink
    November 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Even though its a tall promise, that poster for Evil Dead is awesome.

Also that poster for Admission is terrible. The trailer that was recently released looks far more promising.

• November 27, 2012 7:09 pm

haha. I’ve been hearing mixed responses to the Evil Dead one.

3. November 22, 2012 11:54 am

One of my favourite Director’s and actors at it again…looking forward to Only God Forgives.

• November 27, 2012 7:10 pm

So…you didn’t like “Drive” then, right? 😉

I am curious to see what it will be like. Thanks for commenting

4. November 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Only God Forgives sounds amazing!

• November 27, 2012 7:10 pm

I will be following it to learn more about it as time goes on.

5. ilovethatfilm permalink
    November 27, 2012 11:15 am

Bit of an uninspiring bunch. Only God forgives is ok, Baytown Outlaws is pretty cool and as excited as I am for the Evil Dead remake, the poster is a bit meh!

• November 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks for chiming in man. Appreciate it. Love sharing the posters every time I can.