“Trailer Time Thursday!” 11.22.12

November 22, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

but, first, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Thank you for so many great comments, subscribing to the site, following me on Facebook, Twitter, etc, and for all of your support. I hope you have a wonderful day today! (at least a better day than Big Bird) 😉

Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Check them out and ENJOY!!! :)

(Today’s post is dedicated to my “Best Friend” nicknamed Lady Sith who is celebrating her birthday today! Have a great day today, Best Friend!) 😀

Trailers:

Epic (trailer#2). Here’s the 2nd trailer for this animated adventure that mixes Fern Gully with take-your-pick-of-numerous-other-animated-features. Releasing on May 24, 2013, this is the tale of a teenager who is transformed and transported to a “world” of smaller scale that is on the brink of a large war. Save the planet with this one. It’s going to be epic.

Jack the Giant Slayer. Here is the trailer for the recently renamed and rescheduled film that is a new take on the legend of Jack and the Beanstalk. Directed by Bryan Singer, this rendition stars Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor and more and is set to release on March 1, 2013. To expect this film to demolish the box office may be a tall order.

The Heat. Sandra Bullock is an FBI agent that reluctantly partners up with another unlikely and unliked agent to take down a drug lord, played by Melissa McCarthy. They are expected to work together although neither have ever worked with a partner before. The heat gets turned up in theaters on April 5, 2013.

Snitch. Inspired by true events, Dwayne Johnson stars as a father who goes to some intense lengths to free his son from prison. He makes a deal with the prosecutor (Susan Sarandon) to go “undercover” as an informant and work with the drug cartel in order to bring them down. Upon completion, his son is supposed to be released. Only, what happens when the cartel finds out he is working both sides? Look for Snitch in theaters on February 22, 2013.

Dark Skies. Releasing on February 22, 2013, here is the synopsis from Collider: “From the producers of Paranormal Activity, Insidious, and Sinister comes Dark Skies: a supernatural thriller that follows a young family living in the suburbs. As husband and wife Daniel and Lacey Barret witness an escalating series of disturbing events involving their family, their safe and peaceful home quickly unravels. When it becomes clear that the Barret family is being targeted by an unimaginably terrifying and deadly force, Daniel and Lacey take matters in their own hands to solve the mystery of what is after their family.”

Admission. Tina Fey, Michael Sheen, Paul Rudd and more star in this dramedy about a single professional who has an unexpected twist in her life introduced to her at a “inconvenient” time. Buy your admission to this film as it hits theaters on March 8, 2013.

And, if you did not happen to see the amazing trailer for Now You See Me starring Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo and more, then make sure you catch it HERE along with 20 pictures from the movie.

Spotlight Trailer of the Week:

Featurette for Anna Karenina

Check out this 4-min featurette for the upcoming time-period classic based on the Leo Tolstoy novel of the same name. Starring Keira Knightley, Jude Law and others, Anna Karenina is a story of love, lust, and life based in the aristocratic society of 19th-century Russia and just launched in limited theaters last weekend.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Snitch, Admission, and Dark Skies. Which ones are your favorites??

——————–

This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, November 22, 2012:

• Wide Release: Life of Pi (Review to come soon), Red Dawn and Rise of the Guardians (Review to come soon)
  • Limited Release: Hitchcock, Rust and Bone, Silver Linings Playbook and more.

AND FINALLY!

Happy 28th Birthday to my wonderful and beautiful movie wife: Scarlett Johansson! I hope she has a wonderful day today!

Coming up next: Reviews for Life of Pi and Rise of the Guardians…both of which I recommend checking out.

1. November 22, 2012 9:17 am

Dark skies looks pretty good, Haven’t seen a good alien horror in a while 😀

• November 27, 2012 7:13 pm

I actually am interested in it myself. I hope they make it good all the way through the end as opposed to falling apart in the final act like most films like this end up

• November 28, 2012 3:59 am

Yeah, what is it with this type of film, the last part always turns to crap!

• December 5, 2012 12:08 pm

always man. they do. and that bothers me about the genre

2. November 23, 2012 5:34 am

Dark Skies looks like it could be potentially good, but more than likely, horribly bad.

I remember when Jack the Giant Slayer was called the Giant Killer – the title amused me! He’s a big giant killer… run! Anyways… it doesn’t looks all that great, but there’s something about fairytale themed things that I’m just a sucker for!

• November 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Jaina! How was your holiday?
      I have similar feelings about Jack the Giant Slayer and have expectations that are just a tad bit higher than that of Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters…

We’ll see

3. November 23, 2012 8:26 am

Didn’t like the Epic trailer – with the po-rock song it felt fan-made. On the other hand, Jack the Giant Slayer looks great!

• November 27, 2012 7:15 pm

haha. Dan! Thanks for chiming in. I actually felt a bit opposite of you this time around. LOL.

it will be fun comparing notes after seeing the movies. 🙂

4. November 23, 2012 8:31 am

Dark Skies to me looks like a car crash of a movie. Of course, it could surprise me but I doubt it.

5. November 26, 2012 11:11 am

It really was a lovely week when it comes to trailers, loved EPIC, THE HEAT, NOW YOU SEE ME and JACK THE GIANT SLAYER. EPIC will be my fave animated film next year, like BRAVE was this one 🙂

• November 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Epic definitely is beautifully animated for sure. Glad you were able to enjoy this round of trailers here Dez! Thanks for stopping in. Always appreciated.

6. November 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey, glad you didn’t forget your movie wife’s b’day. But sorry T, I only liked her in Lost in Translation and perhaps The Avengers. I did not like her at all in The Prestige, nearly ruined it for me, but hey, you like her so I won’t say much more 🙂

• November 27, 2012 7:16 pm

🙂 I know you don’t have a big affinity towards her. Perhaps that may start to change after Hitchcock. haha

7. November 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Epic looks like it could be fun, and it’s certainly very pretty; still think it’s not a very good title, though. Jack the Giant Slayer actually looks all right, but the schedule turmoil doesn’t spell good things for it, that’s for sure.

Admission and Snitch seem pretty standard; probably all right, not great. The Heat looks terrible, and it’s mainly due to Bullock’s co-star. Doesn’t come across as funny at all.

• November 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Morgan. I agree with you on The Heat (as much as I like Sandra Bullock), Snitch, and Admission.

8. ilovethatfilm permalink
    November 27, 2012 11:01 am

Holy cow I hope Snitch is a cool as it looks!

• November 27, 2012 7:18 pm

I actually hope it’s cooler than it looks. ha. Reminds me of Contraband which I also saw as a run of the mill disappointment. hope i’m wrong.

9. November 29, 2012 9:56 am

What about Eight-Legged Freaks?!?!

• December 5, 2012 12:13 pm

hehee. I was wondering if someone would mention that. an oldie but goodie of hers.