“Trailer Time Thursday!” 11.29.12

November 29, 2012

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Check them out and ENJOY!!! :)

Trailers:

Deadfall (trailer#2). Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde, Kate Mara and more star in this thriller that follows a brother-sister duo who must fend for themselves after their casino heist goes awry. They end up having a reunion of sorts in the middle of another family’s Thanksgiving dinner while the local law enforcement is hot on their tail. With a limited release on Dec 7, this crime thriller may already be available on Video On Demand.

Django Unchained (trailer#3). Here is the most action-packed trailer yet for Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming time-period adventure of a freed slave who joins a bounty hunter with a taste for the theatrical and vengeful. On a quest to free his wife, Django works to take down the man who took her away. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Jaime Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson, Jonah Hill and many more, Django Unchained (the “D” is silent) marches into theaters on Christmas day.

I, Anna. From IMDB, here is the synopsis: “A noir thriller told from the point of view of a femme fatale, who falls for the detective in charge of a murder case.” Starring Never Let Me Go‘s Charlotte Rampling, End of Days‘s Gabriel Byrne, and Captain America‘s Hayley Atwell, this mystery drama has a few hidden twists and turns it would seem and has varying release dates in countries around the world.

Les Misérables. A new theatrical trailer featuring different pieces of music from the beloved play. I cannot wait to watch this film with Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfriend, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen and more. (I still like the first trailer the most, but this one is great too!) Look for it in theaters on Christmas day.

The Baytown Outlaws. Releasing on Blu-ray next month, a group of gunloving brothers who like to take the law into their own hands are hired by a mother who would stop at nothing to take her son from her villainous ex-husband played by Billy Bob Thornton. Reminding me a bit of the Dukes of Hazzard meets Hit and Run, look for the Baytown Outlaws soon, if you’re interested.

Hitchcock Featurette. This featurette gives a little bit more of what to expect from this look at the acclaimed director and his life, passion and love for storytelling. Releasing December 7, 2012, Hitchcock stars Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Biel and more.

Spotlight Trailer of the Week:

Viral Video for Pacific Rim

Plot Summary: From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ sci-fi action adventure “Pacific Rim.” When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot and an untested trainee who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse. —courtesy ComingSoon.Net

Starring Idris Elba, Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Ron Perlman and Charlie Day, Pacific Rim is slated for a July 12, 2013 release. I expect a full trailer to launch in the days to come. Looks exciting! What do you think?

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: I, Anna; Les Misérables and Django Unchained. Which ones are your favorites??

——————–

This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, November 30, 2012:

• Wide Release: Killing Them Softly
  • Limited Release: The Collection, Dragon, Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning and more.

1. November 29, 2012 10:25 am

I’m really excited for Django Unchained.

• December 5, 2012 12:25 pm

I am more interested the more I see about it. although I still dont keep my expectations too high.

2. November 29, 2012 12:51 pm

The trailers for “Deadfall” and “Django Unchained” look good enough to peak my interest in watching them, but “I, Anna” is boring. Watch me *yawn* as I stop watching the trailer and move on to the one for “Les Miserables” because of the cast. No matter how much I love the talents of Crowe, Hathaway, Jackman, etc. I am still less likely to check out that movie now that I know the characters break out into song in the middle of the scenes. I know it’s a musical, but still…I’ll pass on that one.

I will give it to the staff behind “Les Miserables” tho…the visuals are stunning. The BayTown Outlaws looks annoying. I’ll catch that one on rental or something and I know the Hitchcock biopic is all the rave right now but honestly, the only reason I want to check it out is because Helen Mirren is in it. I’m looking forward to what comes of a full length trailer for Pacific Rim. The premise is interesting.

• December 5, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi Nicole! Thanks for checking out the trailers. How have you been?

Interesting take on Les Mis. Not going to see it, huh? ha. I am so looking forward to it.

I am waiting for the Pacific Rim trailer too. this teaser one kinda reminds me of the original Cloverfield trailer

3. November 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Pacific Rim!!!!!! Trailer coming soon 😀

• December 5, 2012 12:30 pm

can’t wait!!

• December 5, 2012 12:59 pm

8 days to go 😀

4. November 30, 2012 2:05 am

I saw ‘I,Anna’ the other day and it is OK, not great but OK. Review coming later.

• December 5, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks, Scott. I checked out your review.

5. November 30, 2012 7:16 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

‘I, Anna’ looks like a respectably budgeted, very moody with no center film school offering that really should have more to offer.

‘The BayTown Outlaws’ looks and feels like Joe Carnahan’s next chapter of ‘Smoking Aces’.
    Though it’s nice where Eliot Spencer’s opposite number from TNT’s ‘Leverage’, Clayne Crawford is going carer wise.

‘Pacific Rim’ looks interesting. Just for the Giant Monster genre, Del Toro’s take on it and to see if chicks actually do dig giant robots (Megas-XLR)!

PS: Drop by Ruth’s ‘FlixChatter’. I’ve a guest post up you may enjoy.

• December 5, 2012 12:32 pm

I checked out your guest post. Loved it. Thank you for the heads up.

I am interested to see more of Pacific Rim. Interesting news that they are already working on the sequel.

6. December 4, 2012 12:08 am

I Anna could be interesting; at least it’s notable in that it’s not a pair of 20-somethings in the lead, like might be expected. I know not much is shown in the trailer, but hey, if it’s film noir, not much should be shown in the trailer. Don’t want to give stuff away.

The Bay Town Outlaws looks like an all-style, no-substance kind of deal. Might still be fun, though. And it’s been a while since we’ve seen Billy Bob Thornton in anything of note, at least as far as I recall.

• December 5, 2012 12:43 pm

You pretty much summed up my thoughts.

There is a trailer online with more almost red-band content if you want more of a look at Baytown Outlaws.