New Posters of the Week (12/22)

December 22, 2012

It is time once again to check out all of the…

*Quick note: I wanted to have my review for Jack Reacher here for you today, but, after work last night I fell asleep. So, instead of rushing my final thoughts out to you before I go into to work today, the poster spotlight and the review for Jack Reacher have swapped spots. Enjoy. 🙂

You know that I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have tons of new posters including a new poster for Oz: The Great and Powerful along with a set of character posters for The Great Gatsby. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for Shadow Dancer, Side Effects and Oz: The Great and Powerful.

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Have a great day!

up next: Review for Jack Reacher

1. December 22, 2012 1:58 pm

some great posters this week, except for the legs + weapons shot that’s been done dozens of times for Girls Against Boys. I like the designs on Burt Wonderstone, even though I haven’t seen the trailer yet that I heard didn’t look that great. This is the End looks fun, but the ear punch looks too fake/posed and it’s in the middle so it makes the whole thing look weird to me. Also loving Stoker, still haven’t looked anything up for it but the posters keep getting me more and more interested in it.

• December 25, 2012 11:25 am

I like This is the End because it has so many of the people that fans all want to see in the same film. And the poster serves as the announcement of such a film. Haha.

2. December 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi T, I’m back! 🙂 Not back blogging just yet though.

Never even heard of Burt Wonderstone but those posters don’t intrigue me. I quite like the ad campaign for Zero Dark Thirty, it’s intriguing.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, my friend!

• December 25, 2012 11:29 am

Welcome back. We missed you but I am so glad you had a well deserved wonderful time! Merry Christmas

3. December 24, 2012 6:13 am

Quite like the Stoker poster. Very nice. Bit tired of all these character posters. We get it, you’re all in the film, do you really need a poster for yourself!?

• December 25, 2012 11:31 am

Hahaha. I feel that way about some character posters too sometimes. But the Stoker one is pretty sweet.

4. December 26, 2012 11:20 am

Whats girls against boys about, haven’t heard of it?

• December 27, 2012 12:31 am

Courtesy http://schedule.sxsw.com/2012/events/event_FS12444:
      “Girls Against Boys” is a character-driven, psychological thriller about two girls on a killing spree in New York. With edgy and ironic humor and a darkly meditative tone that is far more European or Asian than typically American, it is also a coming-of-age story about a young woman coming to understand how the world really works. It’s a ride for sure, and it even gets more than a little gruesome, but it’s character-driven rather than action-driven, and it has a psychological twist that’s more like a way of reading the film than a big reveal.

• December 27, 2012 9:29 am

I’ll keep an eye out for it then 😀

5. thomas L permalink
    December 27, 2012 12:52 pm

girls against boys looks interesting, and cool to see another horror film set in New York City, there’s not many of horror films that takes place in New York City, maybe expect for Friday The 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan & Cloverfield

• January 23, 2013 2:04 am

Hey Thomas! Thanks for the comment. (sorry, not sure how I missed it) Glad you liked some of the posters!