New Posters of the Week (12/29)

December 29, 2012

It is time once again to check out all of the…

This is the final Saturday of 2012. And here are your final poster offerings of the year. I had hoped for more spectacular posters, but, what can you do? Posters are still always fun. This year we’ve seen a lot of similar looking posters, copycats if you will. Yahoo even posted an article blasting the unoriginality of movie posters (read HERE).

You know that I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including a new poster for After Earth and some “For Your Consideration” Academy Award posters for The Hobbit and Skyfall. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for Skyfall (I like the inclusion of Adele’s face in the background), After Earth and the Japanese version of  Cabin in the Woods.

With the article above from Yahoo that pokes at the repetitiveness of posters, I can’t help but point out how much Dwayne Johnson’s Snitch looks like Dwayne Johnson’s Faster. Just saying.faster_ver2

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Have a great day!

1. December 29, 2012 10:55 am

After Earth is the best of the bunch. Quartet looks terrible: I hate that vertical line style of poster.

• December 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Those are horizontal lines, Ian. 😛

• December 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Ah, dang it.

• December 31, 2012 1:00 pm

haha. I often confuse the 2 myself so I had a good chuckle at this. 😛

• December 31, 2012 1:00 pm

🙂 I agree with you on After Earth my friend

2. December 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Like Ian, I think After Earth has the best poster this week. I agree about the repetitive nature of the Snitch poster.

Movie 43 confuses me. The picture would indicate a T&A comedy. The people in it do not — at least, aside from Johnny Knoxville. Then there’s the “lots of people” aspect that’s usually a bad sign for comedies, plus the subtle imaging of the faces in the woman’s body. I wouldn’t say I’m interested or dissuaded here… just puzzled.

• December 31, 2012 1:01 pm

I hadn’t considered the poster for Movie 43 like that only because the trailer itself turns me off. It just doesn’t look “theater watching” worthy at all to me. so I am puzzled at the stars involved. ha

• December 31, 2012 1:26 pm

The trailer must not have made an impression on me either; I don’t remember seeing it at all. 😀

• December 31, 2012 4:25 pm

haha. yep. true story

3. December 29, 2012 8:43 pm

That poster for After Earth is beautiful but I don’t really care for the trailer nor the cast.

• December 31, 2012 1:06 pm

ha. are you not a Will Smith fan at all? somehow I don’t remember that about you.