New Posters of the Week (1/5/13)

January 5, 2013

It is time once again to check out all of the…

Here are your first poster offerings of 2013. I look forward to the posters that will be showing up this year. (Did you vote for the BEST posters of 2012 HERE?)

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including one of 3 new posters for The Host, a new one for The Last Exorcism part 2 (I thought the last one was the “LAST” one.), along with a new one for Carrie. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for Carrie, Running from Crazy and John Dies At The End.

The teaser poster for Snowpiercer is nothing but a plotline and a list of names, however, it serves its purpose in teasing us to be interested. Check out an article from WIRED that shares a little bit more insight into what to look forward to from the film, including concept art and a bit of the soundtrack. Click HERE

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Have a great day!

1. January 5, 2013 12:12 pm

I like the carrie one and the last exorcism one is creepy.

• January 6, 2013 8:55 pm

You’re not kidding abt that Last Exorcism one. eewww. haha

2. January 5, 2013 12:14 pm

Boy, more than a few that are exercises in minimalism, aren’t there? Not a lot to go on except the titles… Snowpiercer is an odd title. Just going to have to wait for the trailer to see, I guess.

The poster for The Last Exorcism Part 2 looks exactly as dumb as a poster for something called The Last Exorcism Part 2 ought to.

• January 6, 2013 8:57 pm

haha. loved your comments on Last Exorcism. not interested at all in that one.

3. January 5, 2013 12:30 pm

I agree that though SNOWPIERCER is just type, it piques my interest…i don’t like cold so it already seems scary, plus the names include several actors I like, Chris Evans, Octavia Spencer, etc. From a marketing standpoint, JOHN DIES AT THE END is the least effective because it’s fairly illegible, but design-wise it is the coolest. Maybe it’s memorable enough that the images will become the brand though, no legible type needed. Thanks for this, T! One of my favorite regular features 🙂

• January 6, 2013 9:00 pm

I, like you, am intrigued by Snowpiercer as well. can’t wait to see more.

Thanks for checking out the posters this week. Thanks for your kind comment. Glad you enjoy this segment as much as I.

4. January 5, 2013 1:33 pm

The new Carrie one looks good but I still don’t want to wait till October 😦

• January 6, 2013 9:01 pm

well, I know what you mean, but I think it’s a better timeframe for a movie like that!

• January 7, 2013 9:09 am

I am sure they will make more money near Halloween but it was going to come out near my birthday so i am mad!!! 😡

5. January 5, 2013 11:24 pm

The fact that the Snowpiercer poster is an ad, it originally made me think it said “ad #2031” instead of “A.D. 2031”. I think I pretty much agree with your take. Love the John Dies at the End poster and the Carrie poster. Running From Crazy looks pretty, but it’s hard to connect it with the title.

• January 6, 2013 9:06 pm

I was wondering which ones you’d like this week, Bubbawheat. Thanks for chiming in this time around! I like the looks of Running Crazy and I do know what you mean about the connection.

• January 7, 2013 5:26 pm

If I had more time, i’d love to collect and over-analyze all the new movie posters of the week. For now, I just have to pick and choose whenever I pop over here. Always love checking them out, kudos for collecting the new ones each week.

6. January 6, 2013 9:31 am

Hey dude, I have nominated you for the Super Sweet Blogger Award! Please don’t feel obliged to accept, I picked your blog among others because it’s a dam good read! If you do want to receive it, follow the link 🙂 http://myreelpov.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/ive-nominated-you-for-the-super-sweet-blogger-award/ THANKS!

• January 6, 2013 9:07 pm

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. Kind thing to do and say. Yours is pretty sweet too!

7. January 6, 2013 6:37 pm

That Running from Crazy one is beautiful! I can’t believe I left out Welcome To The Punch from my anticipated list. I LOVE McAvoy, Strong AND David Morissey!

• January 6, 2013 9:08 pm

I am glad to be the reminder of Welcome to the Punch. 🙂

woohoo…we both love the Running from Crazy poster!

8. January 6, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi, Terrence and company:

Interesting posters.

I prefer “TEOTWAKI: Zombie Apocalypse II” to “Snowpiercer”. Two words that should never be together.

The poster for “Running from Crazy” reminds me a lot of the old poster for “The Gods Must Be Crazy”.

Only recognize one name in the cast for “Knife Fight”.

The “Parker” poster looks cool. As does Mark Strong in “Punch”.

• January 8, 2013 1:07 pm

I def see the resemblance to “The Gods Must Be Crazy”. I don’t know why I like the “Running from Crazy” so much. There’s no one even running in it, but I really do.

9. January 7, 2013 2:04 am

Hi T!! Happy New Year!! How the devil are you?

FRC is back by the way (well from today anyway)

• January 8, 2013 1:07 pm

Happy new year to you, my friend! I am well. So glad to have FRC back! and glad to have you back at TFF as well.

10. January 7, 2013 8:20 am

The Last Exorcism 2 one is kinda cool. Though, bit disappointed there’s a second. Really enjoyed the first and the final scene sort of lent itself to it being a one film thing! Think Cabin in the Woods! Ah well.

• January 8, 2013 1:08 pm

There will always be a market for films such as the Last Exorcism. And while they all are pretty much the same, people love them. ha.