It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 132

January 8, 2013

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll entitled Posters, Posters, Posters has now closed with a total of 48 votes. I asked for your opinion on which 3 posters from my picks of the best ones from 2012 were your favorites. The votes are in and with a close run for 1st, Django Unchained won by 1 vote, followed by a 2-way tie for 2nd place.Django Unchained

Be sure to check out the results in from last week’s poll HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in the poll, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

In this edition of ‘TVT’ this week’s poll, entitled “Fights of Familiar Faces”, we have some fun with characters played by the same actor.

Earlier on Reddit I saw this question in the subreddit option of “r/movies” which received numerous responses and got my attention. Here’s what it asked:actors

(You can click the picture to be taken to the original post for some fun reading if you so wish)

I took the idea and ran with it just a little bit. Today we have created a “Movie Character Fight Club” and, don’t worry, you can talk about this one (Please do, actually, and share it with your friends and have them come vote as well!).Sharing Is Caring

In this first round of Movie Character Fight Club bouts, the same actor will face himself as two different characters they have played in a movie…only, not necessarily does it have to be a hero vs. a villain as the originating question suggests. So, while you may not see a Denzel Washington battle of Bad Guy Alonzo Harris (Training Day) vs. Good Guy Creasy (Man on Fire), you may see something along the lines of a Hugh Jackman battle of Good Guy Van Helsing vs. Good Guy Wolverine. 😀

You get the picture.

Today I ask you: Which “characters” win in this first round of “Movie Character Fight Club”?

harrison

arnold

——–

eastwood

——–

stallone

——–

Well, Rnd 1 is underway! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 1-15-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” and Round 2 will be shortly after.

*If there is a particular Movie Character Fight you’d like to see, submit your recommendation in the comment section and you may just see it pop up in Round 2!

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. January 8, 2013 10:44 am

Heh. No this was a heck of a Time to Vote Tuesday. One of the funnest ever. 😀

I had to go Han Solo in terms of Fight Club… he has the laser gun, after all. And the other close, tricky one was Gandalf vs Magneto. I could see Magneto getting Gandalf’s sword. But Gandlaf wasting him with some kind of spell from his staff (Which has NO Metal!!)

Fun, fun stuff T 😀

• January 8, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks man. This was a lot of fun to put together. Tons of fun options were on the table and finally settled on these 8.

I like your logic for Han Solo. and Gandalf…can’t argue there. hahaha. Thanks for having fun today on TVT 132. I think a lot of people have seen several of these films which will make the results more fun to watch develop. (However, methinks that there aren’t enough people who have actually watched Equilibrium, because that’d still be a pretty tough fight for Batman to take).

2. January 8, 2013 2:40 pm

Great one T, have put in my votes!

• January 8, 2013 6:49 pm

🙂

Thanks Nostra. Some of these are closer than I thought they would be.

3. January 8, 2013 2:48 pm

I’m with Fogs, awesome poll today, well done! I picked Indy, McClane, Gandalf, Batman, Terminator, Transporter, Dirty Harry and Rambo! I have doubts about #1 now though, Han Solo could probably take Indy out, ahah. Some of these are obvious, though I’d like to see Gandalf and Magneto going mano-a-mano, but hey, in the end, the power of good will win against evil 😀

• January 8, 2013 6:50 pm

Appreciate it, Ruth. Thanks. Nice choices too. I think it’s interesting to see nearly no votes for Lee Christmas from The Expendables. He was a good fighter. haha

and I’m not 100% sold that Equilibrium would lose to Batman in a fight. haha 🙂

Thanks for voting and sharing!

4. Jazz Worthing permalink
    January 8, 2013 3:27 pm

Han shot first!

• January 8, 2013 6:50 pm

haha. are you sure? 😀

5. January 9, 2013 1:55 am

Pretty clear winners with these polls T… nice feature.

• January 9, 2013 12:07 pm

Hey Scott! Thanks. This was super fun and Round 2 will be too. But first…next week…The Red Web Awards! Can’t wait.

6. January 9, 2013 5:44 am

Ha! Loved time to vote this week! Gandalf vs. Magneto is my favourite out of this lot. Voted for Gandalf, but that would be one epic fight! Haha!

• January 9, 2013 12:08 pm

Can you imagine the epicness of that battle. That would be so awesome! Thanks for voting and for your kind comment Jaina! 🙂

7. bdgill12 permalink
    January 9, 2013 11:57 pm

This is a good one, T! Had to actually think on a couple of those. How does one choose between Indiana Jones and Han Solo?!

• January 22, 2013 10:42 am

one chooses wisely! 😀

8. January 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Fantastic vote haha 😀

• January 22, 2013 10:42 am

Glad it was fun Tim. Rnd 2 soon! 🙂

9. January 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I would say The Man With No Name should have gone up against Dirty Harry!

• January 14, 2013 10:55 am

Good choice. It may still find its way into round 2 or 3. who knows?! Thanks for voting.

10. January 13, 2013 6:51 am

Skipping Eastwood, Statham and Stallone.
    The only one difficult to choose was Harrison Ford…Love both of his characters.
    The rest are soooo easy to choose.

• January 14, 2013 10:59 am

No Stallone or Statham for you? haha why not?! 😀

Thanks so much for voting, Nov. I often remember that you said a while back that you LOVE Time to Vote Tuesdays. You are one that I think of when making these and hoping they continue to stay fun. 132 of them later and you’re still here! Thanks so much my friend. 🙂

• January 16, 2013 5:17 am

I just don’t find them interesting to watch…buffy actors are a no no for me, except for Arnie…love him sooo much. I think maybe it’s because he can also be funny.

So true!! I like voting polls and yours is the only one I know who do it weekly 🙂 Keep it going T 🙂

• January 16, 2013 1:53 pm

you got it. Thanks again!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday 133!”: The 3rd Annual RED WEB AWARDS « The Focused Filmographer
  2. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 134 « The Focused Filmographer