New Posters of the Week (1/11/13)

January 11, 2013

It is time once again to check out all of the…

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including one of several new posters for Jack the Giant Slayer, a new one for A Good Day to Die Hard, along with a new one for Epic. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for Epic, Girls Against Boys and Broken City  (even with its ’90s look).

Several more posters launched this week, but there were way too many to feature here. I narrowed it down to just 12 (I found about 23 of them this week, but most were repetitive, character posters, or posters for movies that already came out like Alex Cross).

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Have a great day!

up next: Review for Zero Dark Thirty

1. January 11, 2013 10:26 pm

So is Jack the Giant Slayer a live action or animated film? o.O

Serious Question 😐

• January 11, 2013 10:28 pm

haha. well, let’s say BOTH. it is HIGH in Computer generated content alongside live action. If you’d like to get a glimpse, here is the trailer:

• January 12, 2013 5:57 am

Doesn’t look like anything new or exciting… oh well… the guy did direct X-men 1 and 2.

• January 14, 2013 10:54 am

meh, I’m still not sold on it. Looks pretty bad, but keeping my expectations at that level may help me enjoy it, ya know?

2. January 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Not actually liking most of the posters I see here… the one for Epic is good, and the ones for Broken City and A Good Day to Die Hard are serviceable, I suppose.

The one for Girls Against Boys is well designed, but combined with the title it doesn’t make the movie sound good. The Spring Breakers posters are awful. And the Crystal Fairy one looks like a weak entry into a comedy site’s Photoshop contest.

• January 11, 2013 10:42 pm

I completely agree with you on Crystal Fairy. I had never heard of it and figured many others hadn’t either, hence its appearance here.

Know what you mean about Girls Against Boys, but it did win points with me due to its design. i really don’t expect the movie to be good at all, given the most recent trailer.

“serviceable” is a good word for the poster for A Good Day to Die Hard.

Thanks for checking out the posters. 🙂

any movie plans this weekend for ya?

• January 12, 2013 12:34 am

Not this weekend. Wallet’s still recovering from Christmas, you know? 😀 Plus, I’ve got a cough lingering from a cold; don’t want to subject other patrons to that.

• January 14, 2013 10:54 am

I hope you are feeling back to normal very soon my friend.

3. January 12, 2013 6:25 pm

I generally love drawn/minimalist movie posters, but I really dislike Girls Against Boys, there’s just something about the pose and the choices that doesn’t look right. Wrong and Jug Face also are pretty neat little designs, though they tell me nothing about the movie. i’m really excited about Epic, and loving that poster, except the merchandising comic relief slugs in the bottom right. I actually think Dead Man Down looks like a pretty decent poster.

Jack the Giant Slayer is one awful looking giant in an awful pose, I can’t believe they made that the poster.

• January 14, 2013 10:56 am

I was quite frustrated with Jug Face in that it is a neat design but, as you said, tells NOTHING about the movie to make me interested in seeing it (which is what a poster should do).

I KNEW you would love Jack the Giant Slayer! haha. Come on. You mean you don’t want that one sitting on your ceiling above your bed? 😀

• January 14, 2013 5:21 pm

There’s a difference between menacing and just plain ugly. That poster is the 2nd one.

4. January 15, 2013 11:49 am

That die hard one is a little better