It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday 133!”: The 3rd Annual RED WEB AWARDS

January 15, 2013

3rd Red Web AwardsIt is time <drumroll, please> for The 3rd ANNUAL RED WEB AWARDS!

Last Sunday, the Golden Globes aired on television! Several deserving nominees won the “pre-Oscar” award, and all the glitz and glamour of the evening made for a fun watch! (To see all of the winners, check out yesterday’s post HERE).les mis

Award season is always fun! But sometimes, certain films/directors/actors don’t get the recognition I feel they may deserve. (Leaving me feeling as impressed as Tommy Lee Jones was this past Sunday at the Golden Globes.)

So, since that is often the case, a few years ago I decided to host my own “Golden Globe Awards” of sorts, in which you get to help participate and choose the winners.

This prestigous award, entitled The RED WEB AWARD, takes over your regular “Time to Vote Tuesday” segment and gives way to pay homage to the dedication, cinematic success, inspiration, and amazement of the nominees. (In case you didn’t know, it’s called the “red web” because I’m a pretty big Spiderman fan.)

Each award ceremony to date has been a pretty big success (1st year, 2nd year) and I always look forward to the fun. (Last year Stan Lee was gracious enough to host the award-results ceremony! Check out his promo pic:stanlee

Wait ’til you see who will host THIS year’s Award-Results Ceremony (Here on Sunday, January 20th)! Don’t miss it.

Here’s How It Works:

A panel of 12 judges has been assembled. (Made up of 8 fantastic movie bloggers, 3 great friends/contributors of the site, and myself). Each judge submitted their nominees for the award categories that you will be voting on. Meet your panel of nominating judges that added their nominations for this year’s RED WEB AWARD categories:judges

All 12 of us nominated possible winners for 8 categories and we need your help to choose!

Below you will find 8 polls. Please do the following:

1. Think carefully about the performances of the nominees per category.
  2. Vote for the TWO (2) nominees per poll that you think should win The RED WEB AWARD in its respective category.
  3. After voting, please..***pass this along to a friend via facebook, twitter, stumbleupon, wordpress, blogspot, text message, snail mail, pony express, passenger pigeon, etc. (There are “share” links at the bottom of this post).
  4. Leave a comment, if you wish, spreading your own propagandish reasons as to why you think a certain nominee should win.
  5. Keep checking back, the polls will be open until Saturday night. You can vote up until then. Results will post at the RED WEB AWARDS CEREMONY on Sunday, January 20!
  6. Didn’t see your favorite on the list? Use the comment section to list your Honorable Mentions!

(In the actual Golden Globes there are over 20 categories. I had to narrow it down as best as I could. While some categories I would love to have included, the 8 below were my final choices.)

-This year there is a special category entitled “The Silver Screen Surprise Award.” This award is for the film that most surprised you this year, either for being BAD or being GOOD. (most nominees are listed for being surprisingly good as according to your judge panel)

Are you ready? We need as many votes as possible!

So, BEHOLD, Without further ado, I present to you now this year’s 3rd Annual RED WEB AWARDS!

———-

Please vote for TWO (2) per category

1. 2012’s WORST Motion Picture:[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

2. 2012’s Best Animated Feature:[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

3. 2012’s Best Motion Picture Soundtrack:[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

4. 2012’s Best Performance by ANY Actor: [poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

5. 2012’s Best Performance by ANY Actress (A “RWA” first: Several DOUBLE nominees this year):[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

6. 2012’s Best Director of a Motion Picture:[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

7. 2012’s Best Overall Motion Picture:[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

8. 2012’s Silver Screen Surprise Award (See description above in purple):[poll closed- See the results on Sunday’s post HERE]

These are the nominees! My gratitude goes out to all of the judges for joining me on the nomination panel. Now it’s up to you! Vote and help decide who the winners should be for this year’s RED WEB AWARDS! Please be sure to pass this along between NOW and SATURDAY on your sites, etc. Thank you!

Thanks for reading, voting, and sharing! Once again, The Awards Ceremony will be taking place on Sunday the 20th! Don’t miss it! 😀Thank you

(For those of you looking for the results of last week’s poll entitled “The Movie Character Fight Club, Rnd 1”, I will post the results NEXT week.)

1. yesimthatguy permalink
    January 15, 2013 10:36 am

I am disappointed, Cabin in the Woods didn’t make any of your lists…

• January 15, 2013 11:04 am

Cabin in the Woods is a good choice. I think it was in the running and was an alternate choice by one of the judges for “Worst Movie of 2012” (not my choice though), but in the end it didn’t make the final choice cut. Thanks for voting!

2. Trevor permalink
    January 15, 2013 10:46 am

Iron Sky as “worst film of 2012”

Sir, you do realize I know where you live, yes? 😀

• January 15, 2013 11:05 am

hahaha! Well, Iron Sky was not MY personal choice on that list. however, admittedly, I would’ve nominated it if it hadn’t already been nominated by another judge! 😀

• Trevor permalink
        January 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Thats the spirit! Pass the blame to another judge! I approve!

• January 16, 2013 1:50 pm

hahahahahahaha! 😀

3. January 15, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks for having me on!

• January 15, 2013 11:18 am

Thank YOU for being a part! It will be interesting to see the results. I was surprised by some of the inclusions/exclusions. Now fans must vote from a different mix as it were. And all of you judges made it possible. (I think only about 5 of my personal noms made it in due to the great choices of everyone else!) 🙂 Thank you.

4. January 15, 2013 11:42 am

Voted! Glad to be a part of that star studded panel. LOL 😀

• January 16, 2013 1:49 pm

So glad to have you be a part my friend! Thanks for participating once again

5. January 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Ok, I’ve cast my votes! 😀 Ahah, poor Tommy Lee Jones, he’s now an internet meme!

Thanks for inviting me to take part. Globes, what Globes?? There’s only Oscars and Red Web Awards! 😉

• January 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Very kind words. Thanks Ruth. You guys make it awesome by being a part!

haha, I wonder what was up with TLJ on Sunday.

6. January 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Tossed in my votes, probably not a big surprise where they went to. Though the animated category was tough to figure out my 2nd choice.

• January 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks for voting! I’m hoping you chose The Dark Knight Returns! 🙂

• January 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Yep, didn’t like it as much as part 2, but I figured who else was going to vote for it?

7. January 16, 2013 5:22 am

No The Hobbit in the best movie??? 😦
    Since I didn’t watch many 2012 movies (I was busy with British TVseries throughout 2012) so I only voted 2 polls

• January 16, 2013 1:51 pm

The HObbit didn’t make it. nope. I noticed that. I like the choices a bit better actually. 🙂

Thanks for coming through and voting.

8. January 16, 2013 5:57 am

My votes are in! I do have to mention that the worst movie of the year for me was “The Vow”! I take time to degrade that picture whenever I get a chance! 🙂

• January 16, 2013 1:51 pm

ha. you may have to just be on the panel next year my friend!

Thanks for voting!

9. January 16, 2013 7:29 am

Just cast my votes, only I didn’t pick any for the worst movie category, mine would be Lockout, Cosmopolis or Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. I missed Paranorman in the best animated feature category.

• January 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Good choices Nostra. I think those are all worthy worst movies. haha Thanks for voting

10. January 16, 2013 8:56 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

Interesting polls and choices for categories.

Basically, a wasted year for Tom Hardy. He’ll need to play some catch-up, quick.

• January 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Thank you for placing your votes my friend.

I didn’t see Hardy’s year as wasted. but I do hope he does continue to get greater roles. I did like him in TDKR

11. January 16, 2013 2:46 pm

I cast my votes in earlier, but glad to be part of the panel once again. Glad there was some mix in the films nominated. Thanks for having me included!

• January 23, 2013 1:42 am

Glad that you were a part Max. Thanks so much

12. January 19, 2013 8:41 am

Whew, looks like I got my votes in just in time. Can’t wait for the results!

• January 21, 2013 7:03 am

Eric! So glad you voted. Thanks for being a part!

13. Sherry permalink
    January 19, 2013 11:00 am

And best extra(s) in a movie…. Superman and Spiderman. Yeah.. that’s the ticket!
    and I agree.. loved Cabin in the Woods!

• January 21, 2013 7:11 am