“Trailer Time Thursday!” 1.17.13

January 17, 2013

Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Check them out and ENJOY!!! :)

Trailers:

The Call. Halle Berry is a 911 call operator who receives an emergency call from a girl currently in the middle of being kidnapped. She then realizes that the kidnapper is a killer from her past and makes every effort to not let this girl meet the same fate. Also starring Abigail Breslin, this thriller releases on March 15, 2013. I’m gonna make the call that The Call won’t be all that great.

S-VHS. The sequel to the horror anthology V/H/S  is on the way and scheduled to premiere at Sundance this year. More stories of horror and a suspicious VHS tape. Much like the first. Check out the teaser trailer below.

Mud. Two boys discover a fun hideaway after a storm, only…the hideaway also has a hideaway with a secret. Matthew McConaughey stars with Reese Witherspoon in this story of a fugitive who employs the help of two ignorant boys to help him to avoid the bounty hunters and to reunite with his true love. April 16th is the date of this one’s limited release.

42. The Jackie Robinson story told by writer/director Brian Hegeland and starring Chadwick Boseman, Harrison Ford and Alan Tudyk. See the story of Jackson and his signing with the Brooklyn Dodgers and thus changing history through his challenges and victories. 42 releases on April 12, 2013.

Upstream Color (trailer#2). Not much is known about this film…even its official synopsis is rather mysteriously cryptic…but here is what it’s about: “A man and woman are drawn together, entangled in the life cycle of an ageless organism. Identity becomes an illusion as they struggle to assemble the loose fragments of their wrecked lives.” Check out the new trailer for this April 5 release.

The Iceman. Back in August of 2011 I shared a clip that showed just how amazing and dark Michael Shannon (Premium Rush, Man of Steel) would be in this thriller based on the true story of a mob contract killer (see the clip at the bottom of THIS link). Check out this 2nd trailer for The Iceman that also stars James Franco, Chris Evans, Ray Liotta and more and look for it in theaters on May 3, 2013.

also, the new int’l trailer for Spring Breakers starring Vanessa Hudgens, James Franco and more came out today. You can watch the R-rated trailer here.

Spotlight Video of the Week:

JoBlo.com presents: “Snubbed 2013: An Oscar Tribute”joblo

Check out this quick video from JoBlo that gives a look at some of the “SNUBS” of the Oscars for this award season. Some I very much agree with, like Ezra Miller’s performance in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Some they didn’t mention, like Best Makeup for Looper. Some snubs they got wrong, like Best Picture for The Grey, (of course that’s all my opinion) but they did a pretty good job and called out some major ones like Django Unchained and Cloud Atlas!

Watch:

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Mud, 42 and The Iceman. Which ones are your favorites??

——————–

This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, January 18, 2013:

• Wide Release: Mama, The Last Stand, Broken City
  • Limited Release: Luv, Outside Satan and more.

Don’t forget to VOTE for this year’s 3rd Annual RED WEB AWARDS! Vote for the best of the movie categories of 2012. Polls remain open through Saturday. Awards Result Ceremony will be on Saturday!

Click Picture to go vote!

Click Picture to go vote!

1. January 17, 2013 8:47 am

I watched “The Call”‘s trailer earlier today. I hate it when they put the whole movie’s plot in the trailer. Not that it looked that promising, but now I’m pissed and have no intention on watching it. Great reviews, though. I love your Trailer Time Thursdays 🙂

• January 17, 2013 8:50 am

I felt the same way about this trailer. Do you remember the trailer for a Richard Gere movie last year called The Double? Same thing.

Thank you for such kind words and for constantly visiting. It really is what makes sharing all this that much more special. I appreciate you and everyone even just showing up!

• January 17, 2013 8:54 am

OMG it really was the same thing with the Double. I really don’t understand why they’d do something like that and expect people to show up in the theatres and enjoy a movie they already know everything about. I’m a movie nerd but I still like to be surprised once in a while 🙂 I’ll risk to repeat myself, but I love your blog and your muzings 🙂

• January 17, 2013 9:01 am

Movie nerds unite! Haha.

Must admit I had failed to visit ur site. (Always working and then forget to visit those that “liked” a post in addition to those that commented) I checked it out. I like the Maze! Good fashion and tv show sense! I have a few sisters that would love your ideas!

Rest assured I’ll be stopping by more often.

And thanks again! 🙂

• January 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I know what you mean. I visit so many different blogs, that I keep forgetting about some. Thanks so much for your kind words. I’m relatively new at this and every comment sends a zing through my little nerdy heart:)

• January 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Keep it up! 🙂

2. January 17, 2013 10:36 am

I’m really looking forward to Mud.

• January 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Me too my friend. Thanks for checking out this edition of Triple-T! McConaughey has impressed in a lot of roles lately. Did you ever see Lincoln Lawyer? Wow!

3. January 17, 2013 12:29 pm

The Iceman is well, chilling. I actually read about that project months ago and googled about the real killer. Oh man, I don’t know if I could handle such a movie. Curious that the director Ariel Vromen didn’t cast Gerry Butler in that movie, I think they’re like BFFs.

As I said in Castor’s blog, Mud sounds like an interesting role for Matthew. Glad to see him being more savvy about his role choices.

• January 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Iceman def looks chilling. 🙂 love the play on words there.

Perhaps Vromen read your letter to GB and knew he wasn’t the right choice. ha. I agree with you on McConaughey

4. January 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Lots of good looking stuff, The Call not being one of them. Good lord.

Mcconaughey is doing pretty damn well as of late. I just watched Killer Joe the other day. Looking forward to Paperboy and now Mud.

• January 18, 2013 10:41 pm

man. that trailer for The Call made me NOT want to watch it even more. Thanks for stoppin in!

1. Trailer Spotlight: RED 2 « The Focused Filmographer