New Posters of the Week (2/8/13)

February 8, 2013

It is time once again to check out all of the…

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including two new promo Cobra-centric posters for GI Joe: Retaliation, one of 3 new character banners for Olympus Has Fallen, and a boringly repetitive poster for the upcoming romantic drama Love and Honor that is as unoriginal as its story appears to be. Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the posters for 42 (so amazing), Emperor (love the “focus on the RIGHT”) and the color contrast) and Mud. And I think the best part about the movie The Call will be that poster itself.

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Have a great day!

up next: Review for Identity Thief

1. February 8, 2013 8:35 am

Absolutely! I want that ’42’ poster!

• February 8, 2013 8:37 am

ME TOO!!

2. Chris permalink
    February 8, 2013 8:53 am

The 42 one has a cool perspective, but overall all of these are pretty generic. It’s hard to get excited about posters anymore since I’ve seen the same exact thing with slightly different colors, maybe a small detail or two changed, about 15 times in the last year.

• February 9, 2013 12:40 am

I really like 42 quite a bit. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. yeah, many posters have started to be the same, so it’s nice when different ones strike your attention! Thanks for commenting

3. February 8, 2013 9:09 am

I’m with Leo, the “42” poster looks great

• February 9, 2013 12:42 am

Keith, thanks for checking out the posters. Yeah, “42” is pretty sweet!

4. February 8, 2013 6:55 pm

The 42 poster is pretty good, and I do like the Emperor one as well. You’re spot on about Love and Honor; that’s not just “generic poster”, that’s “generic straight-to-DVD cover”. I really like the symbol-only Cobra poster… for such a merchandise-driven franchise, that’s a pretty cool piece of pop art. If it didn’t have the URL on it, it’d be about perfect.

• February 9, 2013 12:43 am

agreed. the URL for the GI JOE posters really does stand out as being out of place and takes away from the posters’ awesomeness.

Love & Honor is so generic straight to DVD. why do they do that?

5. February 8, 2013 8:19 pm

I’m actually going to mention the Croods poster, it’s a simple concept that I think really works, and yet totally belies what the movie probably is – which is a bunch of caveman jokes. Agree with you on the Emperor and 42, both actually feel like a new take on a pose for a poster.

I also think it’s funny that you comment on Love and Honor being so generic, just the other day I saw some collages of similar posters and one of them was big heads with people on a beach with about two dozen posters that looked almost exactly the same as Love and Honor.

• February 9, 2013 12:46 am

ya know what? I’m glad you mentioned The Croods because it almost made my list of the ones I really liked this week. (I just liked the 3 I mentioned more).

the generic Love and Honor now makes me roll my eyes and begin to be annoyed at Nicholas Sparks. even though I know that not all the movies that come out like that are from him, his name now is synonymous to me for the generic type. I wonder just how many posters have been made like this. It may have been popular in the 90’s but it’s just lazy and horrible now. ha

6. February 9, 2013 9:27 am

What’s with that white girl on the flying monkey? That looks extremely cartoony.

• February 11, 2013 11:54 am

Not certain about who the characters are, but they are given attention in one of the trailers as side characters in the story!

7. February 9, 2013 1:07 pm

I do not understand the G.I.Joe posters

• February 11, 2013 11:56 am

they are part of a viral recruit campaign for Cobra Special Forces.

• February 11, 2013 1:14 pm

I expect this to be one of the worst films of the year, when it got early screenings last year it had to be re-shot in places because it was so bad 😀

8. February 10, 2013 11:59 am

I echo everyone that 42 is perhaps the best of the bunch, and Olympus won for being the cheesiest! 😀

• February 11, 2013 12:02 pm

42 is SO good! right?! 🙂 I want it.

• February 11, 2013 1:48 pm

😀

• February 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Btw, you missed Five for the Fifth last week… well and a whole bunch of other posts too actually 😉

• February 12, 2013 8:03 am

i know. apologies. I didn’t make it to a lot of pages around the blogosphere last week. working on making up for that this week. hope you got some good answers!