New Posters of the Week (2/22/13)

February 22, 2013

It is time once again to check out all of the…

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a several new posters including a new one for Dead Man Down, the first one I’ve seen for Robert Redford’s The Company You Keep, and a pretty cool one for The Frankenstein Theory (from the creators of The Last Exorcism).

Once again, a LOT of posters this week, and believe it or not, I actually narrowed it down! Here we go.

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I actually like quite a bit about several of them. From the time-blurred surroundings of Inescapable to the pieced together Jigsaw Puzzle poster to Dead Man Down‘s minimalist advertisement. Ben Kingsley as Iron Man 3‘s Mandarin is also pretty sweet while The Last Road is intriguing since I have no idea what that one’s about yet.

And how about that Olly Moss poster for Les Mis? The use and separation of color reminiscent of the French flag…wow. Well done. (You can purchase that one and others like it on the night of the Oscars. See here.)

What do you think? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Posters courtesy ImpAwards, Collider and additional sources.

Have a great day!

1. February 22, 2013 9:45 am

Bring on Iron Man 3!

• February 24, 2013 6:33 am

Iron Man 3!!!!!

2. February 22, 2013 10:23 am

I actually like that Les Mis poster, despite it feeling like if it was the version directed by Michael Bay. Cool posters, as usual.

• February 24, 2013 6:34 am

Me too, Dan. I want that Les Mis poster. It goes for $50 during the Oscars!

3. February 22, 2013 2:42 pm

That Mandarin Poster is fantastic haha 😀

• February 24, 2013 6:34 am

he looks like he’s wearing Tony Stark’s sunglasses doesn’t he?

• February 24, 2013 1:39 pm

You maybe right, that would be cool if it turns out true. Soon see in may 😀

4. February 22, 2013 8:34 pm

I’m really looking forward for To The Wonder.

• February 24, 2013 6:35 am

I’m not. but I hope it doesn’t disappoint ya

5. February 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Love almost all of Olly Moss’s work and his Les Mis is no exception. Agree with you a lot this week, with Dead Man Down and Jigsaw Puzzle. I want to like 6 Souls, it’s got a nice feel to it and the upside down head is at a nice slightly unnatural angle, but the floating heads above looks too much like a generic poster.

Middleton reminds me a lot of the poster for One on One: A Superman Story (http://bubbawheat.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/one-on-one.jpg)

Not a fan of Passion at all, it looks too staged and fake. If I Were You also looks really odd with the small boxed in face in the middle.

Mixed bag this week.

• February 24, 2013 6:36 am

Thanks for chiming in this week my friend! Olly Moss has some amazing posters. I checked out that “One on One” poster. I loved the short when i saw it a while back, but I never saw the poster! nice find!

and I agree on Passion. It does look staged.