It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 140

March 5, 2013

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll entitled “The Vanishing Act has now closed with a total of 45 votes. Asking which actor you would like to see return to one more final major role after having “disappeared” from the spotlight in Hollywood. With some good options and after some great conversations, your votes have been counted and Diane Keaton was NOT your choice (she received 0 votes). The majority of you expressed the desire to see Sean Connery in one more final major role!Sean-Connery-Celebrities

Be sure to check out the actual results HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in the poll, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments.

—————-

In today’s poll entitled “Favorite Fugitives” we take a look at and debate about fugitive movies.

Paired with heart racing music, gunfire, highspeed chases and more, movies with fugitives on the run are often fun to watch. Whether they are guilty or framed, good guys or bad guys, we all like a good chase. Decades of movies feature someone on the run. From Bonnie and Clyde to Face/Off to Eagle Eye to Minority Report to The Island to The Fugitive and more, we’ve had some fun watching folks on the run!us marshals

It is difficult to narrow down the choices for this subject in such a broad genre: Innocents on the run (Enemy of the State), guilty criminals on the run (No Country for Old Men), framed cops on the run (The Negotiator), etc. So, I just put together a list of some that I like and ask you to choose from among them. (In other words, sorry if your favorite isn’t listed or if they are any “gross exclusions.” Use the “Other” option and leave a comment toting your favorite then.)

Today I ask you:

Well, which ones received your votes? Be sure to share and leave a comment or two in the comment section! I like quite a bit of them. Tell me your faves!

Thanks for voting today! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to tell your friends to RUN over here (see what I did there?) and vote before the polls close on 3-12-13. 🙂 The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

———-

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. March 5, 2013 10:01 am

I voted for No Country For Old Men and North By Northwest, both two of my favorite films.

• March 5, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks for voting today. You were 1st I believe! woohoo.

I didn’t know they were your favorite films. I’m not so enthralled with NCFOM myself though.

• March 6, 2013 3:48 am

Same for me. I wanted to do a write-in for Raising Arizona, but technically the couple from that one aren’t on the run so much as they are hiding out with a stolen baby.

• March 8, 2013 5:31 pm

Hey Adam! Thanks for stopping by. Great to see ya. Thanks for voting

2. jackdeth72 permalink
    March 5, 2013 10:15 am

Hi, Terrence and company:

I’m going to be contrary (No surprise there) and go with the original 1950s ‘D.O.A.’ and Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway in ‘Three Days of the Condor’.

Not a bad selection to choose from. Though ‘No Country’ is more half pursuit (Until the money is found) and half chase (After the money is found). Though the tracker, Javier Bardem is awesome!

Could also include Sam Fuller’s low budget thriller ‘Pick Up on South Street’. Or the recent sci-fi dud, ‘In Time’.

Just sayin’.

• March 5, 2013 4:51 pm

🙂

Love it!

thanks for taking the time to share! I haven’t seen some of the others you mentioned today and hope to look them up. I am not a fan of No Country for Old Men, but I also felt that excluding it wouldn’t have been that great! ha

3. March 5, 2013 10:34 am

Hmmm…I’m not sure I *have* 1 favorite on the run movie, much less two, lol.

• March 5, 2013 4:52 pm

not 1, huh? haha. Thanks for stopping in and participating all the same. Awesome of you, Mistylayne.

4. March 5, 2013 1:51 pm

North by Northwest for sure. Man, I love that movie.

• March 5, 2013 4:52 pm

A good choice! Thanks for voting.

5. March 5, 2013 1:56 pm

Voted for The Fugitive and Bourne, but NbN would’ve been my third choice. Great poll, as always T!

• March 5, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks Ruth. Always appreciated. I like a good fugitive run myself! 🙂

6. March 5, 2013 2:30 pm

North By Northwest is a classic. The Fugitive makes my second choice. Bourne is good, but only the first one really fits, and only kinda-sorta.

• March 5, 2013 4:55 pm

I like The Fugitive so much…but I think I’ve seen US Marshals more TBH. Thanks for voting!

• March 5, 2013 5:38 pm

I haven’t actually seen US Marshals yet.

7. March 5, 2013 6:23 pm

I voted Catch me if You Can, love that movie, and also voted for Other because one of my other favorite movies featuring three fugitives and a lot of old country music is O Brother Where Art Thou.

• March 8, 2013 5:30 pm

haha. O Brother Where Art Thou! Man, George Clooney was great in that wasn’t he?!

Thanks for voting

8. March 6, 2013 2:09 am

Tough one today T! I went for No Country and NbNW but it could just as easily have been any of the others!

• March 8, 2013 5:28 pm

It’s not an easy one for sure. So many to choose from. It was even tougher choosing what movies to include. haha. Thanks for voting this week!

9. March 6, 2013 9:09 am

Midnight Run needs to be mentioned here….

• March 8, 2013 5:29 pm

Well thanks for mentioning it! 🙂 I’ve never seen it actually. so now it is on my list.

10. bdgill12 permalink
    March 6, 2013 11:49 pm

Oh man, I love a good chase/fugitive/on the run movie. If I stumble across a mid-90s fugitive movie in the middle of the day, I know I’ll be busy for a couple of hours. No Country For Old Men is the BEST movie on this list IMO but Catch Me If You Can is a true favorite, can’t leave it out. Great topic this week!

• March 8, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Brian! Thanks for voting. You and I must like a lot of the same movies! 😉

I knew No Country For Old Men would get some love. I had to put it on here, even though it’s not a favorite of mine at all.

11. March 7, 2013 9:38 pm

Cool poll, T! You always come up with some fun ones. I went with North by Northwest and No Country for Old Men this time. Still need to see the Bourne sequels.

• March 8, 2013 5:24 pm

Hey Eric! Thanks for voting and for coming by and having fun with us! I appreciate the comment. When you can see Bourne do it sooner rather than later! 🙂

12. March 11, 2013 11:11 pm

North by Northwest, hands down.