It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 141

March 12, 2013

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll entitled Favorite Fugitives has now closed with a total of 43 votes. Asking which “fugitive” movie you enjoy the most. Some fun votes and fun discussions were made in the comments on last week’s poll. Your votes are in and the favorite fugitive has been chosen. The majority of you liked watching this “man on the run”:bourne

Be sure to check out the actual results HERE, which almost saw the win go to North by Northwest!

I wish to thank everyone that voted in the poll, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments.

—————-

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ presents: Movie Character Fight Club: Rnd 4.

In case you do not recall (or don’t know) what sparked the Movie Character Fight Club to begin in the first place, please read this excerpt below from Round 1 for the rules/origin:

Earlier on Reddit I saw this question in the subreddit option of “r/movies” which received numerous responses and got my attention. Here’s what it asked:actors

(You can click the picture to be taken to the original post for some fun reading if you so wish)

I took the idea and ran with it just a little bit. Today we have created a “Movie Character Fight Club” and, don’t worry, you can talk about this one (Please do, actually, and share it with your friends and have them come vote as well!).

In this first round of Movie Character Fight Club bouts, the same actor will face himself as two different characters they have played in a movie…only, not necessarily does it have to be a hero vs. a villain as the originating question suggests. So, while you may not see a Denzel Washington battle of Bad Guy Alonzo Harris (Training Day) vs. Good Guy Creasy (Man on Fire), you may see something along the lines of a Hugh Jackman battle of Good Guy Van Helsing vs. Good Guy Wolverine. :D

Today is the day for ROUND 4!fight-12

Today I ask youWhich “characters” win in this 4th round of the “Movie Character Fight Club”?

As a reminder, this is not a poll asking which character is your “favorite.” It is about which character would win in a one-on-one battle against each other based on their fighting merit and mettle…not their favorable character or looks or one-liners, etc.

hardy

matthew

rodriguez

banderas

sjackson

jennifer-xmen-jham

portman

renner

Well, Rnd 4 is now underway! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 3-19-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

*If there is a particular Movie Character Fight you’d like to see, submit your recommendation in the comment section and you may just see it pop up in a future round.

Pretty soon there will be a round pitting the winners against one another. Keep a lookout! Have fun!

Want to see the previous fun rounds? Click below:

Well, which ones received your votes? Be sure to share and leave a comment or two in the comment section!

———-

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. March 12, 2013 9:05 am

I love it when I’m the first to vote. It always seems like all my choices are winning! LOL. 😀

Anyways though, DAMN you for setting me up so that I actually pick Phantom Menace characters. UGHCK. I should have abstained, I feel dirty now! LOL

• March 12, 2013 2:31 pm

hahaha. I often enjoy seeing who is “first” and what they choose. Sometimes they end up being the choices that win.

LOL at you choosing Phantom Menace characters. haha No one “made” you choose em. Nick Fury and Isabelle have a shot! 🙂 Thanks for voting man and having fun here today!

2. March 12, 2013 9:11 am

Nice, the Tom Hardy one is seriously tough! I went for Forrest but it was close. I don’t think that he would last to long against Tommy in a fist fight, but give him a weapon of some kind… in fact those knuckle dusters would probably be good enough come to think of it. Perhaps he would also beat him in a fist fight!

• March 12, 2013 2:32 pm

yeah, I couldn’t use Bane really in this fight and that fight seemed pretty even and daunting. I like your reasoning though. Thanks for voting and having fun in the polls today!

3. March 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Woo hoo! Love TTVT! Good stuff today bro.

• March 12, 2013 2:32 pm

🙂 Thanks Keith! I really appreciate that very much. Tryna keep it fun here always

4. March 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Hard not to pick the better films but i am basing it off character vs character 😀

• March 14, 2013 7:21 pm

i both applaud and thank you for voting for the characters themselves! Makes it a bit more fun putting the thought into it. 🙂 haha. Thanks for voting as always my friend

• March 15, 2013 7:40 am

Your welcome buddy 😀

5. March 12, 2013 10:10 pm

There are a few here I haven’t seen T, but I voted for Mystique over Katniss, Fury over Windu and Cross over Brandt. Oh and Tom Hardy was so massive in Warrior, I’d think he could even take out Bane, ahah.

• March 14, 2013 7:23 pm

🙂 Thanks for having fun with the polls in this round. I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out so far. I almost put in Bane but left him out this time around. I do think that maybe people haven’t watched the 13th Warrior…because the fight against Zorro would be far closer I think. ha

6. Trevor permalink
    March 13, 2013 7:09 am

I refuse to play along with the Tom Hardy one because the choices obviously should have been Bane and Charlie Bronson with Bane winning by inflicting a debilitating spinal injury that could be fixed with rope in an obscure prison somewhere.

• March 13, 2013 9:38 pm

This is the greatest thing ever. Also I totally don’t get all the love for Padme in the Natalie Portman poll. I haven’t even seen Your Highness, but just from that image of her with a bow she should be able to take out Padme with ease.

• March 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Adam! Thanks for voting. hahaha this is so much fun to do and it’s fun having everyone be a part. I think Padme might stand a chance, but that arrow from Your Highness looks pretty deadly

• March 14, 2013 7:24 pm

hahaha. Trevor! I love the Bane vs. Bronson fight would be epic. It almost was a reality for Round 4. It may still come up. 🙂 Thanks for voting

7. Trevor permalink
    March 13, 2013 7:11 am

Also, Padme loses because the entire “Going to the Dark Side” thing could have been stopped if she just learned the famous “Wife Glare” that makes ever husband stop whatever nonsense they are doing.

“YOU BETRAYED ME PADME!”

“/glare. Really, Anakin? Shut up.”

“Yes dear. I’m going to go do dishes now…”

• March 14, 2013 7:25 pm

hahahaha. if only Star Wars would’ve ended that way.

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 142 | The Focused Filmographer