New Posters of the Week (3/15/13)

March 15, 2013

Happy Friday! It is time, once again, to check out all of the…

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including a new one for Grown Ups 2 that has been hanging in theaters for almost a month now but just barely was released online, two new ones for GI Joe Retaliation and a few others for some you may not have heard of yet..

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the poster for Everyone’s Going To Die (for as somber of a title as it is, it sure uses some happy pastel colors!), My Amittyville Horror (While I’m not a fan of anything “Amittyville”, the poster is striking with the red and the absence of his reflection in it.), and A Single Shot (No idea what it is about yet, but I imagine a sniper trying to take a shot in the middle of all of that fog. It intrigues me.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones do you like/hate and why? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Posters courtesy ImpAwards, Collider and additional sources (visit them to see more like these).

Have a great day!

1. March 15, 2013 9:45 am

I’m really excited to see Room 237 and The Place Beyond The Pines.

• March 20, 2013 10:11 am

those are 2 that I am interested in myself. And it’s good to see Gosling still doing good character roles.

2. March 15, 2013 10:22 am

I’m not going to lie, even though the movie doesn’t look good, Tyler Perry’s new movie’s poster actually is pretty cool. Other than that, the movies’s gonna suck but that poster sure is sexy.

• March 20, 2013 10:12 am

you’re right. and normally I would question anyone who had something positive to say about almost anything “Tyler Perry” related. but the poster is sexy indeed. of course, we keep our expectations lower than low for the film itself. ha

3. March 15, 2013 2:07 pm

“The definitive Amityville Horror story”… no, I’m betting the definitive one was The Amityville Horror. Just going out on a limb here. Stupid paid shill.

Not a lot really standing out here… posters for Kickass 2 and Erased are pretty good. The Brass Teapot is clearly a romantic comedy with a touch of fantasy, you can just tell by the poster style. Probably a magic teapot.

Am I the only one who looked at the poster for Everyone is Going to Die and had to look it up to make sure it wasn’t a Vincent Vega prequel?

• March 20, 2013 10:14 am

yeah, I’m not sure why they are calling it the definitive story. I only think of one thing when I hear the word “Amityville” and that is the original scary film. brrrrrrrr!

I didn’t think about Vincent Vega upon seeing the Everyone Is Going To Die poster, but I can def see where it might get ones hopes up for a prequel story of the Tarantino character! 🙂

thanks for the fun comment

4. March 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Woah, Michael Beihn ain’t looking so hot.

• March 20, 2013 10:21 am

yeaah, he looks a bit beat up, that’s for sure! come a long way since Aliens

5. March 15, 2013 10:34 pm

The first poster that jumped out at me was Temptation, such a great poster, then I read “Tyler Perry’s” and feel like that poster is wasted as the target audience who will enjoy the poster reference is not the target audience for Tyler Perry’s movies.

Not much else interesting one way or the other, Room 237 is a nice reference to the classic Shining poster, and Hidden in the Woods is hard to tell if it’s supposed to be an action movie, a horror movie, or both.

I do agree with you on A Single Shot too, I’m not sure what it is about it, with just the title and a barely visible backdrop, but it looks good.

• March 20, 2013 10:23 am

you are the 2nd person to mention Temptation. You are right, it does stand out. just…the “Tyler Perry” part of it made me bite my lip for a diff reason! ahah

Yeah, I still am curious abt A Single Shot! Thanks for the comment man. I appreciate your enthusiasm in this segment.

6. March 16, 2013 7:05 am

KICK ASS!

• March 20, 2013 10:31 am

I do like the poster! and the sequel looks good doesn’t it?!

• March 20, 2013 2:03 pm

It really does, fingers crossed 😀

7. March 16, 2013 4:22 pm

There is ANOTHER movie called Amityville Horror?? Sheesh. Well out of this list, the Everyone’s Going to Die one caught my attention, I guess I just like the illustration style. That one for ERASED is just so darn cheesy, rivals another one starring Eckhart, Olympus Has Fallen 😦

• March 20, 2013 10:32 am

haha. let’s just erase Erased from our memory! hahha 🙂

8. March 18, 2013 4:24 am

I’m putting my hand up for Kick Ass 2 out of that bunch. Can’t wait for that one to drop.

But I wish there was more footage coming out from Man Of Steel. Now there’s a film I’m interested in….

• March 20, 2013 10:33 am

i hear ya, but I am actually glad for the absence of footage from Man of Steel. I kinda hope they keep it that way and leave it for the movie. People are already going to go see it (It’s Superman). No need to give away stuff to lure them in.

Mystery makes it all the better

9. March 20, 2013 10:39 am

I like the poster for Everyone’s Going To Die.

I can’t wait for The Place Beyond the Pines – that poster is much better then the last one haha.

• March 20, 2013 2:24 pm

me too! Gosling has sunk his teeth into some good roles lately.

10. March 20, 2013 11:27 am

I really like that “Everyone’s Going to Die” poster, lovely picture!

• March 20, 2013 2:25 pm