New Posters of the Week (3/22/13)

March 22, 2013

Happy Friday! It is time, once again, to check out all of the…

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

Today we have a few new posters including a new one for Iron Man 3 that combines basically all of the previous posters, a new/final(?) one for The Croods (review to post soon) and the first one for Now You See Me (a film I am looking forward to).

Take a look: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Well, what do you think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? I personally like the poster for We Steal Secrets, Stuck In Love, The East and Now You See Me (it reminds me of The Adjustment Bureau poster HERE). The Star Trek Into Darkness one doesn’t impress me and I think it’s because of the guns/Charlie’s Angels look. meh. Would’ve been better if the background was the Enterprise crashing into the water behind him. Just sayin’.

Well, what do you think? Which ones do you like/hate and why? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE.

Posters courtesy ImpAwards, Collider and additional sources (visit them to see more like these).

Oh! And check out this first logo for 2014’s The Lego Movie. Click the photo to find details on how to enter a contest to see your own lego creation in the upcoming Warner Bros. animated feature that will star the vocal talent of Will Arnett, Alison Brie, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson, Nick Offerman, and Morgan Freeman.the-lego-movie-logo-600x396

Have a great day!

1. March 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Now You See Me looks lame and after Burt Wonderstone, I think it’s time that Hollywood dropped magic and let people like Chris Nolan use that to their advantage.

• March 24, 2013 7:11 am

Now You See Me looks fantastic!! Take it back! 😉

2. March 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Room 237, can’t wait!!!!

• March 24, 2013 7:11 am

Do you like this Room 237 poster better than last week’s?

• March 24, 2013 2:02 pm

No I think I like the maze keyhole one better.

• March 25, 2013 11:43 am

me too, Chris

3. March 22, 2013 6:14 pm

My favorite is totally Now You See Me, while it may have a similar pose as the Adjustment Bureau, what I like is how they integrated the title into it, making the actors disappear in places, it’s a neat effect. We Steal Secrets is a great color scheme and it makes me interested in the movie too. The East is also pretty awesome with the weird photocopied(?) face masks that look a little weird at first glance but it takes a closer look to see what’s actually wrong with them besides just being in grayscale.

At first, I thought the Short Game looked like an awful, generic, family comedy until I noticed that it was a documentary, now it actually looks pretty awesome.

Did the last Room 237 poster have such a large disclaimer? If it did, this one unfortunately makes it take the focus away from the actual image of the poster and really detracts from the whole thing. The new Star Trek poster looks bad because it’s a generic concept with the photoshopped big stars in the background, I don’t think the color scheme helps it out much either. It’s a similar problem with the Iron Man 3 poster, photochopping all the single poster poses into one big clusterbuster of a poster, makes it look way too busy where all the single posters looked excellent. I also dislike the He Who Dares poster, the text gets in the way too much and makes the poster just hard to look at in general. Finally, the Grandmaster poster looks way too much like an Asian Matrix poster, for one of the sequels anyway. Also, that hat stands out way too much, it just looks out of place.

• March 24, 2013 7:14 am

My fellow poster enthusiast!
      I love that Now You See Me one as well.

I don’t know what is going on with the Room 237 poster at all. It’s not a fave of mine from this week’s bunch. But I thought the design of He Who Dares was…daring…and didn’t dislike it. ha.

The sleeper one for me that I liked the more I looked at it was the Short Game one too.

Great comments/observations. We will definitely be linking up for future ones.

4. March 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Now You See Me has one of the most interesting visual designs for the week… I’m also interested in the film itself. We Steal Secrets has good poster design, not so sure about the movie… hope it isn’t going to paint those tools like heroes.

I’m sure there’s a reason Room 237 has based its poster off an old Calumet can, but I’m at a loss as to what that reason could be. I agree with Bubba, the disclaimers on that movie’s posters are really distracting.

Copperhead has a fairly generic poster, but the film may be interesting. The box office needs more westerns.

• March 24, 2013 7:19 am

Yes! more love for the Now You See Me poster!

ooh, good point about We Steal Secrets. I hope so to. Thanks for taking the time to see the posters and comment, Morgan.

5. March 23, 2013 1:30 am

totally love startrek poster!!! cool villain

• March 24, 2013 7:19 am

careful, Novia! I think Cillian Murphy heard you express your love for Benedict Cumberbatch. 🙂

• March 24, 2013 9:18 am

he doesn’t mind because he is still number one 😉
        in fact I have been cheating behind his back with a British Comedian named Noel Fielding for the past 7months 😉

• March 25, 2013 11:30 am

haha ooh, I’m telling!

6. March 23, 2013 9:13 am

Love the Despicable Me 2 poster! Hilarious!!!!

• March 24, 2013 7:19 am

Minions make everything better! 🙂

7. March 23, 2013 10:24 am

The East poster had a good idea behind it but the execution really could be better:/

• March 24, 2013 7:20 am

I don’t quite know what to think about it, Lady Sati. it has my attention either way though. Thanks for commenting on the posters of the week.

8. March 24, 2013 1:08 pm