It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 143

March 26, 2013

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll entitled Amazing Archers of the 21st Century has now closed with 69 votes poll. Many of you came and showed your support of your favorite archers and it would appear that many of you love good ol’ “Greenleaf Goldilocks.” I thought it’d be a closer fight, but Legolas proved to be the victor quite decidedly. The results are in. Be sure to click the link below to see the actual results. Any guess as to which archer received ZERO votes?Legolas-The-Hobbit

Check out the actual overall results HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in the poll, shared the post with others, and added to the conversation with your comments. Thank you.

—————-

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Fists of Fury” asks you to pick from some of my favorite fight scenes in movies.

Now, before you start giving me a hard time over which of the excluded fight scenes definitely deserve to be in this poll, let me explain how this one works:

When we think about some of the greatest fight scenes of all time, certain fights come to mind – Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker, Fight Club, Raging Bull, Neo vs. Agent Smith, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Enter the Dragon, The Raid: Redemption and perhaps even Bloodsport or Karate Kid‘s final fight scene.

enter the dragon

This poll is not asking you to pick the greatest fight scene of all-time and thus does not contain such popular options.

No, instead, this poll asks you to take a look at 10 of my personal favorite fights that don’t often get thought of or mentioned in people’s lists of popular punchout sessions (some more than others). You know, some of the ones that are only remembered by people who were actual fans of the films themselves much like:

xmen

(For the record…I hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine and don’t remember those guys’ names. I look forward to The Wolverine this year, however. Don’t miss the new trailer for it on this week’s Trailer Time Thursday!)

Okay, now with that understanding made clear (or perhaps not), below you will find 10 fights that I like to watch that don’t so readily come to mind when asked about the Top Fight Scenes of all-time. Of course, this is widely open to interpretation, and that’s what makes it fun! So don’t beat me or yourself up over the choices listed or not listed!

I have included the links for each fight below so that you can watch them prior to choosing if you like. The winners can then be added to the All-Time Top Ten Movie Fight Scenes as honorary #11 and #12! 🙂

Today I ask you: (don’t forget to watch the battles with the links below before voting)

Click the battle below to watch:

1. Optimus Prime vs. Megatron
  2. Hobbs vs. Dominic
  3. Ripley vs. Xenomorph
  4. Gandalf vs. The Balrog
  5. Sherlock Holmes vs. Big Man
  6. Sean Thornton vs. Squire Wil “Red” Danaher
  7. Babydoll vs. Samurai
  8. Leonidas vs. The Immortal
  9. The Hulk vs. Thor
  10. Aragorn vs. Lurtz

—–

My questions for you:

1. Was it tough for you to choose?
  2. Which did you choose and why?
  3. What “not-so-uber-popular” fight would be in YOUR honorable mentions?

Leave a comment with your Top TEN fight scenes in movies and prepare to add the top 2 winners from today’s poll to your own list as #11 and #12. 🙂

I can’t wait to see the results next week of this one for sure! Vote before the poll closes on 4-2-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

———-

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. March 26, 2013 11:33 am

Ooh, I like this question. I’ll respond again in a minute after I’ve watched everything.

• March 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Okay, so here are my answers.

-Was it tough for you to choose?
      Sort of. Aside from the Transformers and Sucker Punch fights, the rest seemed worthy to be voted on. At the same time though, I cam to my decision quite quickly.

-Which did you choose and why?
      First was the Sherlock Holmes fight, no question there. Despite the lack of realism, it’s kind of awesome that we get to listen to his inner monologue as he throws his punches.

The second fight I chose was The Hulk vs. Thor. In addition to the great action, there was a lot of humor in this fight as well. I like scenes in general that contain wit.

-What “not-so-uber-popular” fight would be in YOUR honorable mentions?
      I don’t know if they would be considered “unpopular,” but if we’re going by this list, my honorable mentions would be the Alien Queen fight and Aragorn vs. Lurtz. There’s definite badassery going on in both those showdowns that are worth appreciating.

As for my top 10 fight scenes, I never actually thought about this before, but here it is:

1. Arthur’s Zero Gravity fight scene in Inception HERE

2. Won Bin in The Man from Nowhere (I thought this was pretty badass.) HERE

(And as a bonus, a prelude to his badassery for that film) HERE

3. Jet Li vs. Chin Siu-Hou in Fist of Legend – It’s basically live-action Tekken, only better. Jet Li, people, enough said. HERE

4. Johnny’s elevator fight scene in Rocknrolla (Johnny in general really, but if you want to see the scene I’m talking about, skip to 7:46 in this video)
      HERE

5. One-Two and 2 Russian guys in Rocknrolla (I know, another Rocknrolla scene, but there weren’t any rules against mentioning more than one fight scene from the same movie)
      HERE

6. Neo in The Matrix. Classic.
      HERE

7. The Hulk vs. Loki – A rather short fight scene, but one that never ceases to crack me up every time I watch it.
      HERE

8. Hancock hospital fight scene – Couldn’t find an isolated clip of it. Just skip to 1:15:35 in the link provided.
      HERE

9. A guilty pleasure, really. A Jason Statham fight scene from the original Transporter.
      HERE

10. This last one may not count since it’s not a full blown fight, but it IS Fight Club. The 8 rules of Fight Club, ladies and gents. Don’t forget ’em.
      HERE

I don’t think adding the other two to the list as 11 & 12 are necessary in this case since I have already mentioned them earlier. And so ends my rather long comment. I think this may be a record for me.

• March 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Whoops, meant to only link them, but I guess this blog embeds the YouTube videos by default. LOL. Sorry all.

• March 26, 2013 12:31 pm

That is quite alright. I assure you! Perhaps that’s something I can edit, but it’s cooler this way because I can watch them all.

Thank you for the thought and effort put into your comment. You completely caught the spirit of what Time To Vote Tuesday is truly all about! I love it. Thank you.

I like your inclusion of the Inception fight. One I def forgot about. Glad you made your own list as it helps to remember others. I only hope more people list theirs here as well.

Gotta say, I still like the Transformers 2 one. 🙂 Thanks for voting, participating and answering the questions!

• March 26, 2013 1:46 pm

I figured a fight between CG-ified character vs. CG-ified character was less epic in comparison to the rest and Babydoll with the high heels…………that movie will always have me shaking my head in disapproval. Though I don’t doubt the men of this world would greatly disagree with me, lol.

I try to stop by blogs and leave mindful comments when I can, but it really is all a matter of whose posts pop up while I’m online. I follow so many people at this point it’d take me DAYS to get through to everyone.

• March 26, 2013 8:46 pm

I was highly disappointed in Suckerpunch and turn it on when I want a long music video playing while working on things around my house (or blogging). haha.

I know exactly what you mean about visiting blogs. I truly have no idea how other bloggers do it. I am humbled by the ones that visit my site when I cant seem to find the time of day to visit through everyone else’s. I does literally take days to go through everyone’s sites.

I am honored you were able to get to mine today. Thanks again!

• March 26, 2013 11:10 pm

OMG YES! It was like one super long music video. In fact, I got so bored while watching it, I’m pretty sure I missed the whole point. All I remember was people were fascinated she did some kind of super sexy dance or something while at the same time kicking ass? I don’t even know. OH speaking of which, I blocked the movie mostly out of my memory because I really dislike anything overly gory/violent, but I’m pretty sure Kick Ass had some pretty awesome fight scenes too. Really though, what was the point of Sucker Punch? I don’t even remember.

I am right with you on the humbled part, and I do feel terrible that I am not nearly as consistent with returning the favor with the likes and the comments all the time. I’m not even online for very long, especially since I’ve been working on a novel for publishing lately. It’s all about timing for me. Like this post came up in my reader right as I logged in, I was immediately intrigued, and popped over. Other times it’s because people tweet at me links and so on, so I come visit. Only three movie blogs I visit semi-regularly without too much issue, and that’s only because they were my first three readers with whom I talked to regularly for months before other people started trickling over.

Anyway, that was a really long-winded way of me saying I also find myself feeling quite humbled when people do take the time to leave some love, and I oftentimes feel terrible I’m not better about reciprocating, lol. I do keep my word when I say I’ll stop by, but sometimes I think people are skeptical until I actually do it, which is understandable.

Well, I don’t mean to spam your blog with awfully long tirades, lol. Until next time!! 🙂

2. March 26, 2013 1:11 pm

I picked Leonidas vs. The Immortal (300) because it’s just so epic, one of Butler’s best roles and he killed it (yes, pun intended!). I mean THIS scene remains one of the most memorable & sensational fight scenes ever IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8bIEk58LzI

I also picked Hulk vs THOR (Avengers) as it’s just sooo much fun and funny!

• March 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Fantastic pick, Ruth! Thanks for adding your input today. Butler did, as you say, “kill it.”

I like that scene you added too. the slo-mo really makes it even more suspenseful!

• March 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Yep, that’s one the slo-mo use I actually don’t mind. I thought Snyder filmed that scene beautifully and I read somewhere that Butler did it in one take. Talk about bad ass!

• March 26, 2013 1:52 pm

1 take?! wow. I didn’t know that. It’s a good thing everyone in the background did a good job too then. haha.

3. Trevor permalink
    March 26, 2013 1:38 pm

For the record, the dude with the glasses in the X-Men Origins poster is Scott Summers a.k.a. Cyclops.

The other guy is “Douchebag from Black Eyed Peas” and then “Generic Dark Haired Lady”

They weren’t very popular in the comics either.

• March 26, 2013 1:48 pm

haha. you know, that’s sad. I know Cyclops, but for some reason, completely forgot he was even in the movie. you’re right. it is him. I don’t want to rewatch it though to refresh my memory! haha. Thanks for voting

4. Trevor permalink
    March 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Plus, Ripley vs. Alien Queen is a way better fight in “Aliens”

• March 26, 2013 1:47 pm

agreed. That’s what I was meaning, so I updated the poll to reflect that! Thanks

5. Ted S. permalink
    March 26, 2013 1:44 pm

I voted for Hulk vs. Thor even though it wasn’t as epic as Whedon had promised. He mentioned how wrote that scene and said it’s going to be this crazy epic fight scene when he films it. It still looks cool but I wanted more of it.

• March 26, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree Ted. Thanks for voting. I did want more from Thor and The Hulk. in that light it was disappointing. but still fun. Thanks for adding your input today!

6. March 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Ripley and Leonidas fights were my picks 😀

• March 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Good picks. of course that is ur style!

• March 27, 2013 7:31 am

Such a stylish bastard 😀

7. March 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Honourable mention to Optimus Prime though because I love those fights where the hero is on his own against many villains 😀

• March 26, 2013 8:50 pm

I really liked the Optimus Prime/Megatron scene. It was one of the only redeeming scenes of that sequel IMO

• March 27, 2013 7:31 am

It seems more like a scene to end the film on rather than near the middle because its a little depressing for the rest of the film 😦

Not my main complaint but it should count 😀

8. March 26, 2013 9:10 pm

I had to include ‘Aliens’ in here – a great fight scene right there!

• March 28, 2013 11:09 am

Glad you stopped by and voted, Mr. Rumsey! It’s a great scene and why it is included here. 🙂

9. March 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Almost insta-voted for Optimus Vs. Megatron… until I realized you weren’t talking about the 80s Animated Movie.

Voted Hulk Vs. Thor & Ripley vs. Queen.

• March 28, 2013 11:10 am

haha. well, Spikor, the animated one is a classic as well. Good you paid attention though!

thanks for voting and taking the time to comment.

10. March 28, 2013 2:45 am