Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
Last week’s poll entitled “Fists of Fury“ has now closed with 57 votes. Many of you made it clear which of the listed fight scenes were among your favorites. Some of the voting results were a bit surprising, I will admit. A fun poll and you all made it even more fun just by watching the results finalize and reading the comments.
Check out the actual overall results HERE.
I wish to thank everyone that voted in the poll, shared the post with others, and added to the conversation with your comments. Thank you.
This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Classy Fassy” takes a moment to honor Mr. Michael Fassbender on his 36th birthday. Born this day in 1977, Michael Fassbender is quite the actor who, up until recently, was relatively an unknown. Here’s looking at you, Michael Fassbender.
Up until about 2006, very few people had heard of the German/Irish actor by the name of Michael Fassbender whose largest claim to fame was his involvement in the widely popular tv mini-series Band of Brothers (2001) as Sgt. Burton ‘Pat’ Christenson.
Fast-forward to the year 2013, and the actor now is known by many as Magneto in X-Men: First Class, the android (David) in Prometheus, the guy that Gina Carano hit upside the head with a vase in Haywire, the Spartan warrior who dared to “fight in the shade” in 300, that naked sex-addict in Shame, Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre, the guy that will play the lead role in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie and more.
It’s amazing what just a few years will do in Hollywood (I mean, just ask Brandon Routh who went from playing Superman/Clark Kent and is literally almost nowhere to be found after his one-hit disappointing wonder.)!
Michael Fassbender has definitely been welcomed by fans, actors and directors alike and has joined the ranks, if you will, of other popular stars such as Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, Henry Cavill and more.
A little bit of trivia about Mr. Fassbender for all of you “Fassinators”:
Did you know that Michael Fassbender…
- …was born on April 2, 1977 in Heidelberg, Germany (located in Southwestern Germany very close to Zweibrücken where I lived for six years)?
- …has an older sister named Catherine, who is a neuropsychologist?
- …was the runner-up choice for the role of Doug Quaid in “Total Recall” (2012), but Colin Farrell was cast instead? (Glad they chose Farrell instead.)
- …was nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance in the 2011 drama Shame?
- …was hired at the age of 17 to produce, direct and act in a stage adaptation of Quentin Tarantino’s movie Reservoir Dogs?
- …reportedly lost between 31-40 lbs for his role in Hunger in commitment to his part as Irish Republican Bobby Sands (and was awarded the British Independent Film Award for Best Performance by an actor for that role)?
- …stars in a music video by British music group The Cooper Temple Clause in their song “Blind Pilots” (Watch it HERE)?
- …loves to race go-karts whenever he gets the chance?
- …can play the accordian? Along with the piano and the guitar? (He also sings quite well.)
- …speaks English and German?
As I thought about the different roles that Michael Fassbender has been in, I began to think “Well, what if he’d have played a different person in the same movie? Would it have been the same? Would I have liked it more? Would I have liked it less? And which “switcheroo” would I prefer if given a required choice?” So, you know me! When I think of a question like that…I make YOU answer it for me. 🙂
I can’t wait to see the results next week of this one for sure! Vote before the poll closes on 4-9-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
(Additionally, Happy Birthday to: Rosalyn Sanchez (Rush Hour 2, Act of Valor), Christopher Meloni (42, Man of Steel), Clark Gregg (Iron Man, The Avengers) and more.)
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: My review of Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor