Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check out all of the numerous new trailers this week and ENJOY!!!
R.I.P.D. Here’s the first trailer to the comic-based upcoming film R.I.P.D. which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges as the buddy-cop duo who go out hunting the undead…whilst being dead themselves. The “Rest In Peace Department” takes their commission seriously in this trailer that warns that we should do the exact opposite. I must admit, once I finished watching this trailer for the first time, the first words to leave my mouth were: “Well, that looks stupid.” haha. Call me crazy, but I have little to no interest in this July 19 release that also stars Kevin Bacon, Mary-Louise Parker and more.
Byzantium. This second trailer for another vampire tale from those that brought us Interview With A Vampire gives a little more insight as to what to expect from Gemma Arterton, Saoirse Ronan, Caleb Landry Jones and the rest of the cast in this upcoming thriller. Two mysterious women in a local community have a secret that, if exposed, not only threatens them but all of those around with deadly consequences. Byzantium gets bloody on June 28.
Rush (trailer#2). Just last week, the first trailer hit the web for this biopic surrounding Formula 1 racing legends Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Wilde star in this Ron Howard directed film following Lauda’s true tale of returning to the racetrack merely 40-some odd days after an harrowing accident that nearly claimed his life. Challenging his rival, his critics and his own fortitude and self-determination, Lauda gets back behind the wheel and Rush tells that story. Hit the races on September 20th for this one.
Star Trek Into Darkness. Check out this pretty sweet “final” trailer for May 17th blockbuster release. Kirk and the crew are back and this time are facing an enemy close to home with a fight on their hands that will prove to be Kirk’s biggest challenge to date. Is he and the rest of Starfleet ready for what is next? All of the lens flare in the universe may not be able to save him. J.J. Abrams presents the sequel to his 2009 hit in a theater near you very soon. Boldly go see it.
Man of Steel (official trailer#3). If you aren’t already excited for this movie then let this trailer change your mind. Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill (like “travel”), Amy Adams, Michael Shannon and more and looks to be the pretty amazing in its re-introduction of the Last Son of Krypton. Prepare for June 14. After watching the trailer, be sure to head over to TimsFilmReviews to read his thoughts/review of this trailer as he dissects it and takes a closer look at scenes in it; and share your own! Visit his trailer review HERE.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The first teaser trailer for the second installment of the planned “four-ology” of The Hunger Games. Here we catch up with Katniss and Peeta, winners of the most recent Hunger Games, to find them not at all prepared for the aftermath of their newfound glory. Corruption and deception show their ugly faces as the political leaders move to tarnish their image and destroy all of the previous winners who serve as a thorn in their sides. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is scheduled for a November 22 release and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson and many more. Get fired up for the “Girl on Fire.”
The Kings of Summer. Already being hailed as the new “Stand By Me,” this film focuses on a group of boys set on making their own rules during a summer break. Building of house of their own in the woods, they opt to live off the land itself and enjoy “true freedom” and all its perks without parents. This summer film releases on May 31 and looks quite enjoyable.
Additionally recommended new trailers worth a look: (Click the titles to view trailer)
- The Way, Way Back -starring Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell and more. (IMDB synopsis: “Over the course of his summer break, a teenager comes into his own thanks in part to the friendship he strikes up with one of the park’s managers.”)
- The Lone Ranger (NEW TRAILER) -starring Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and more. (IMDB synopsis: “Native American warrior Tonto recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid, a man of the law, into a legend of justice.”)
- The Great Gatsby (NEW TRAILER) -starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire and more. (IMDB synopsis: “A Midwestern war veteran finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor.”)
- Emanuel and the Truth about Fishes -starring Jessica Biel, Kaya Scodelario, Alfred Molina and more. [My synopsis: I watched this trailer a few times and STILL don’t fully know what it’s about. You should watch it and then tell ME. haha.] (IMDB synopsis: “A troubled young woman becomes obsessed with her mysterious new neighbor, who bears a striking resemblance to the girl’s dead mother.”)
- Only God Forgives-starring Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott Thomas and more. Definitely a REDBAND trailer! (IMDB synopsis: “Julian, a drug-smuggler thriving in Bangkok’s criminal underworld, sees his life get even more complicated when his mother compels him to find and kill whoever is responsible for his brother’s recent death.”)
Spotlight Video of the Week:
I had no idea that yet another Romeo and Juliet movie was being made…let alone one that starred the likes of True Grit‘s Hailee Steinfeld, Homeland‘s Damien Lewis, The Avengers‘ Stellan Skarsgård, The Road‘s Kodi Smit-McPhee, Paul Giamatti and more! See the trailer for the upcoming retelling of, perhaps, the most famous love story ever told by the most famous playwright ever known. Look for the film to release around summertime 2013.
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, April 19, 2013:
- Wide Release: Oblivion, The Lords of Salem and Filly Brown
- Limited Release: In The House and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: My review of OBLIVION