It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 147

April 23, 2013

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll entitled Movie Character Fight Club, Rnd 5 has now closed. Several of the fight bouts between characters played by the same actor were pretty close last week. And it was plenty of fun watching how the fights turned out. Don’t miss seeing which contenders won last week’s Fight Club.battle-clarke-duncan

• Be sure to check out which characters won with the link HERE.

I wish to thank everyone that voted in the poll, shared it with others, and added to the conversation with your comments!

—————-

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ presents the first trailer for THOR: THE DARK WORLD. It released today. Check it out first, and then check out the poll shortly after!

(Now that you’ve watched the trailer…don’t forget to VOTE below!)

The sequel is set to release on November 8, 2013 and stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and more and is directed by Alan Taylor (better known for his direction of episodes of tv series such as Game of Thrones, Nurse Jackie, Law & Order and more). I love superhero movies and very much enjoyed Thor and now look forward to the next one.

Hemsworth as Thor

Which brings me to today’s TVT poll question:

Sequels are always going to come out. Just yesterday, in addition to those mentioned in “Movie News Monday,” it was announced that there is a sequel to Dodgeball on the way. Some sequels make more sense than others, and it only seems natural for superhero movies to continue their story.

not so fantasticBut, there are a lot. Instead of asking you to debate which superhero movies you think are undeserving of the “sequel treatment”…

Today I ask you: Which upcoming superhero sequels are you super-excited for? (up through the year 2014)

——–

Was it tough for you to pick your favorites? Did you choose “Other” in favor of Kick-A$$ 2 or Riddick? Do you not like superhero movies at all? Let me know! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 4-30-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

*BTW, what did you think of the trailer? Great? So-So? Seen Better? Bleah? Can’t Wait? Let me know! Want to see more? Click the poster below to see several still images and read some thoughts on the trailer courtesy CinemaBlend.Thor: The Dark World

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. April 23, 2013 2:19 pm

I wonder what I was reviewing today? Haha, not that impressed but its a bit early for a full trailer 😀

• April 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I knew that’d be your pick! ha. I will be checking out your review.

• April 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Damn I am getting too predictable 😀

• April 24, 2013 12:43 pm

hahaha. well, I gotta head to work, but I will read your thoughts after!

2. April 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Heh. Most of these are sequels to films I haven’t gotten around to yet (AmSpidey, X-Men: FC, Wolverine). Of the remaining three, I enjoyed Thor and Captain America more than Iron Man 2, so that’s how I’m voting.

• April 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Well, you can def keep X-Men Origins: Wolverine on your list of “Films you haven’t seen yet” haha.

thanks for voting. I am looking forward to Captain America: The Winter Soldier myself. (more Scarlett!) 😀

3. Chris permalink
    April 23, 2013 3:57 pm

The team behind iron man have proven they know the character and how to handle him so that was an easy vote. And I want to see x-men if for no other reason than the time that mcavoy and fassbender spend on screen together. Those were easily the best parts of the first one. The rest of those movies were pretty generic and I’m not excited about them. And the amazing spider man was pure schlock.

• April 24, 2013 12:23 pm

yes, the do have a good handle on Iron Man. But I almost banned you for your Amazing Spider-Man comment! hahaha 🙂

thanks for voting, Chris

4. April 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Captain America then Thor. I recently read the Winter Soldier story line and it is going to make a good movie. As for Thor, the recent trailer is great.

I’ll watch Wolverine and X-Men, but I’ll be going in with trepidation.

• April 24, 2013 12:24 pm

I am very curious to see how Cap 2 will go, and glad to see The Falcon in the story too.

Thanks for voting, Victor

5. April 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Definitely looking forward to Days of Future Past. Really impressed by your site, I am now following. I recently started my own film blog and would love for you to check it out.

• April 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Welcome! and thanks for voting and for the kind compliment. Welcome to the blogging community. I will be sure to stop by!

6. April 24, 2013 3:12 am

Thor and Iron Man for me. Though, was close to voting for X-Men, until I saw the shots of Halle Berry back as Storm. Bleh!

• April 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Jaina! I was curious if Thor would be in your list as that was your choice for The Avengers Week blogathon last year! 🙂

and Halle Berry made me not so happy abt Days of Future Past also. haha

7. April 24, 2013 10:20 am

Tough poll this time T, I voted for Capt. America Winter Soldier and X-Men Days of Future Past, w/ Wolverine and Thor not far behind. Not super excited for Iron Man 3 but I’ll be seeing the press screening in a week or so, I’m sure it’ll be good it’s just I’m a bit tired of that role to be honest. That THOR trailer looks good, though I’m more excited to see Hiddleston as Loki 😀

• April 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Good choices my friend! I hesitated making yet another superhero movie post/poll today, but with Thor’s trailer, it seemed appropriate. And I knew you’d be all excited about Loki. What do you think about Hiddleston’s negotiations to be The Crow?

8. April 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Spider-Man – largely influenced by the fact that Emma Stone is in it 😀

• May 7, 2013 11:18 am

Emma Stone is a great reason! 😀 Can’t fault ya there!