It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 149

May 14, 2013

What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Director Redirects” asks you to take time to step into the “Theatrical Trilogy Time Machine” and consider what certain movie trilogies would’ve been like if they had been directed by a different director!

Think of some of the “best movie trilogies.” I’m sure titles like Iron ManRush Hour, X-Men, The Mummy, Blade, Legally Blonde…Oh, wait, I said “BEST” didn’t I? Oops, okay, so you’re probably thinking of Lord of the Rings, Toy Story, The Dark Knight, Star Wars, etc. (Sounds better, yes?)The-Dark-Knight-Movie-Trilogy-2012-1920x1080

Well, part of the great success of those trilogies was the director behind the scenes with the vision for the trilogy itself. Fans would, perhaps, argue that no other director could’ve made a particular trilogy any better than it is.

A match made in Mordor?

A match made in Mordor?

BUT, what if we had the power to change that? What if our “Theatrical Trilogy Time Machine” worked to allow you to switch a director for a particular trilogy and that you could transport a director from any point in their career to the time of the trilogy’s filming? Who would you replace and why?

For example:

• Would you have Ridley Scott direct the Jurassic Park trilogy?
  • Would you pick Ang Lee to direct The Matrix trilogy?
  • What about Sam Raimi and the RoboCop trilogy?

Today, travel back in time and select the best two directors in their reassignments in the poll below! Are you ready? 88mph in the Delorean and here we go!

timemachine

This is a poll, that, I’m sure, will come up again with different choices but today I’d like you to carefully consider the options below and vote on your Re-directors!

Today I ask you:

——–

Thanks for joining me today! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 5-21-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. May 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Interesting topic, I’m not entirely sure about all of your choices. I think Guillermo del Toro would be an interesting choice for the Matrix. Just think of what sort of designs he would come up with for the real world and the robots in that world, he would have been a good choice for the Hobbit as well, I believe he was attached to it for a while there.

• May 15, 2013 1:14 pm

thanks for joining in on the fun this TVT!

del Toro I believe was in the mix of directors for The Hobbit. I love his work with style and design. Who’s ready for Pacific Rim? (I am!!)

2. Victor De Leon permalink
    May 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Peter Jackson doing Star Wars? I’m there! Great post!

• May 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Victor! Thanks for voting. I had fun putting this one together. The only thing I’d be afraid of with Jackson doing Star Wars is that he’d come back after the original trilogy, do the prequels, and make them 6 movies instead of 3. 😀

3. May 15, 2013 7:20 am

The only one I could really get behind as being better is Spielberg on The Matrix since they screwed that trilogy up so royally.

• May 15, 2013 1:16 pm

they really did mess up parts 2 and 3.

no Tarantino/Godfather mix? I thought for sure more people would bite on that one. 🙂

thanks for voting

• May 15, 2013 1:35 pm

That would be interesting but Godfather I and II are perfect just the way they are.

• May 17, 2013 12:08 am

Understandable, completely! Thanks for voting. I had fun putting this one together.

4. May 15, 2013 1:04 pm

That’s a really interesting vote, picked Spiderman and batman 😀

• May 15, 2013 1:17 pm

nice picks. Nolan for Spider-Man would be interesting I think.

thanks for voting

5. May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Interesting poll, T. Not sure about the others, but count me in for Nolan’s version of Spiderman. Really curious what he would have done with that franchise.

• May 17, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks for voting. I’d be interested in seeing a Nolan-esque Spider-Man myself.

• May 17, 2013 12:26 am

Nice pick, Eric! Thanks for voting.

6. May 17, 2013 2:07 am

Very original and interesting question. I went with Godfather and Spiderman!

1. It’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!” 150 | The Focused Filmographer