Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
Last week’s poll: “Director Redirects” has officially closed and the results are in with 38 total votes. Asking which directors you would’ve picked for a trilogy brought out some interesting thoughts and results. Was Quentin Tarantino directing The Godfather trilogy one of the top 2 choices? You’ll have to check out the winners of the poll HERE!
Thanks to all that voted and made last week’s poll fun!
Last week we looked at directors. And while the choice of director can make a big impact and difference on a film’s overall completion and reception, some would argue that the chosen cast plays a bigger part. (Think Iron Man‘s Robert Downey, Jr. as opposed to director Jon Favreau).
Casting does play a big part. Sometimes, the actors cast in our favorite roles weren’t the initial choices, but ended up being the seemingly best choices. Some of the revealed original/alternate choices below are quite surprising, but also quite impossible to visualize now having seen and loved the final cut with the chosen actor playing the part.
Did you know…
- …Harrison Ford took the role of Indiana Jones only after Tom Selleck turned it down? Ford also took the role of Han Solo AFTER it was turned down by Burt Reynolds!
- …one of Will Smith‘s regrets was turning down the role of Neo in The Matrix?
- …Henry Cavill (star of next month’s Man of Steel) actually missed out on being Superman in Superman Returns…and was turned down as James Bond in Casino Royale?
- …Lindsay Lohan turned down the role of the stripper Jade (played by Heather Graham) in The Hangover because the part “had no potential”?
- …Sean Connery declined to play the role of Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings because 18 months of filming was “too much”?
- …apparently both Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale were strong considerations for the part of Jack in Titanic before James Cameron insisted on Leonardo DiCaprio?
- …Hugh Jackman signed up to be Wolverine just two weeks before filming X-Men after two other considerations didn’t commit to the role…one of whom was Russell Crowe?
- …Patrick Swayze‘s role in Ghost was first offered to Demi Moore’s then-husband Bruce Willis…and also Al Pacino, Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise and Kevin Bacon?
Below you will find today’s poll with some “Casting Close Calls” that you may NOT have been aware of. And, admittedly, several of them are ones that I am glad did not work out. Today’s poll asks you to pick the “worst 3” in your opinion that you are really glad did NOT finalize. Have fun learning these “Casting Close Calls” and breathing those sighs of relief…or screaming a tirade of disappointment.
Thanks for joining me today! Which Casting Close Call was the most surprising to you?
Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 5-28-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer