Man of Steel (New Trailer & Poster)

May 21, 2013

Hello all.

No, it is not “Trailer Time Thursday!” yet, however, this newest trailer for June 14th’s Man of Steel just released and must be shown!man_of_steel_ver12

Check it out:

Official synopsis:

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

Man of Steel hits theaters on June 14 and fans around the world cannot wait. This is the first time we get to see the Last Son of Krypton on the big screen since the disappointing Superman Returns…and it looks good! Do not miss Flixchatter‘s wonderfully written tribute in an article entitled “Superman and Me” that begins her Countdown to Man of Steel (click HERE).manofsteelcountdown

What do you think of the new trailer? Are you ready for June 14?

1. May 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Wow, looking great. And I was already excited for Man of Steel.

• May 22, 2013 9:54 am

and now you’re excited even more! 🙂

2. May 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Another very intriguing trailer for this highly anticipated film, alright. By all appearances, it’s taking a different tack with the origin material, at least from Donner’s 1978 feature. And today’s tribute by Ruth was a wonderful one. I’m looking forward to reading your piece, too. Thanks for posting this, T.

• May 22, 2013 9:56 am

yeah, it’s showing off even more action and a darker tone which has me intrigued…although I do tend to mirror Fogs’ thoughts on the whole Batman-copy feel as well.

It will be fun to watch. I look forward to reading my piece as well, Michael, as my thoughts are still back and forth on Man of Steel. haha 🙂 Thanks for the comment and for sharing the post on twitter!

3. Kal-El permalink
    May 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Wow, this trailer is crazy! Zod is nuts!! My excitement grows for the release of this film!!! The countdown picture is cool too!!!!

• May 22, 2013 9:57 am

Ruth did a fine job making that Countdown picture!

the time is soon when the earth may be faced with kneeling before Zod!

4. May 21, 2013 11:09 pm

OMG!!! You know I don’t use that term often T, only on special occasions 😀 How fitting that the third trailer came out around the time my tribute was published, another premonition, ahah. Man, I’m out of breath just watching this trailer!! It made me think again about Supes’ love for humanity… I mean he could’ve easily just left y’know, again, he owe nothing to the earthlings. He could’ve just taken his Ma and Pa Kent + Lois and hide them at the Fortress or somewhere but no, he just can’t let the people of earth get hurt. This is gonna be action packed AND packed some emotional punches. You’re still in doubt my friend? 😉

• May 22, 2013 9:59 am

yep. Supes is a sucker. he stays and gets pummeled. haha. I’m only kidding! This trailer is def promising a bunch of action that is needed in a Superman movie. I have a few doubts still, but am ready to watch it and enjoy it! 😀

• May 22, 2013 9:59 am

5. May 22, 2013 12:09 am

Holy crap this looks amazing. I mean, it already did, but this just took it to a whole new level. More heat vision battles please, mr Snyder!

• May 22, 2013 10:00 am

haha more heat vision battles indeed. I had a feeling you’d love this trailer. and it looks great. I can’t wait for your thoughts on it when you get to see the movie. I am curious if we will see the film differently like we did with Star Trek Into Darkness

6. May 22, 2013 4:36 am

Holy crap this looks amazing!!!

• May 22, 2013 10:01 am

I love how you and Rodney both said the exact same thing! haha

• May 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Its my raw feelings Terence!

7. May 22, 2013 5:46 am

Su-weet. When this first got announced, I really wasn’t fussed, but I really can’t wait for it now!

• May 22, 2013 10:01 am

I still feel a little like you did when it first got announced. I will be there watching it though and enjoying it I am sure

8. May 22, 2013 8:47 am

Not as fond of this trailer as I was of the last one, but it definitely gets the “action” across.

I’m just sad about the “Dark” tone. Everything’s gotta mimick Batman, I suppose 🙄

• May 22, 2013 10:02 am

It def is a different type of trailer. But I’ll tell you, I like the end of this trailer far more than the end of the last one.

I know what you mean about the “Dark” tone and Batman. I think/hope it will work though.

9. May 24, 2013 1:38 pm

AWESOME poster. They really chose great Superman with Cavill.

• May 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Cavill is such a great choice. I am glad they didn’t finally pick him for Superman Returns so that we could get him here instead!

1. CinematiCaptions #17 (Special SUPERMAN edition) | The Focused Filmographer