Today’s post is a very special post. I love birthdays (and not just mine). There’s something about taking the opportunity to honor and celebrate a birthday with a friend that is exciting to me!
If you are here, you are a part of the celebration of the site’s 3rd Birthday!!!
The day was May 25, 2010. After writing a few short reviews for friends to read on Facebook (including Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, Shrek 4), I decided to transfer them over to a blog (whatever THAT was) following the recommendation of a few friends and now, 3 years later, it has grown far beyond anything I ever imagined and I am grateful to God and to all of you, the readers and followers, who have made this journey (now of 3 years) so much fun.
- Have a Twitter account (I avoided Twitter like crazy and now…I’m on it every day @FilmsWith_T)
- Have anyone (other than a teacher/professor) interested in reading anything I had to write…and now there are over 800 of you regular followers!
- Have a website that was visited over 182,000 times! (Last year on May 25, the site had only 73,400 visits in 2 years)
- Be writing a movie review column for the newspaper in multiple cities for about 18months so far!
- Have had the opportunity to host a television show that aired for 3 months on television all about movies.
- Have had enough to say to fill up over 1,000 posts.
- Have the wonderful experience of sharing a passion about movies with people like you from ALL over the world!
This has been such a great journey so far and I not only love writing and bringing some fun content to you all every week, I love seeing what your thoughts are as well. There have been over 13,200 comments on the site! WOW…thanks for chiming in whenever you do!
All of the fantastic people I have met, the opportunities I have been blessed with, and the movies I have been able to enjoy…these past three years truly been unexpected and phenomenal to say the least!
I cannot take the opportunity to list everyone who has contributed so much to me and this website (there isn’t enough storage space on the WordPress servers to hold the names of everyone I have to say thank you that make up this great community), but allow me to say “Thank You” to a few special “FocusedFilmogra-phollowers”:
My Parents, My Sisters, Ruth at Flixchatter, Dan at Fogsmoviereviews, Meccadawn, TheSilkSpectre, Kal-el, Mr. Williams, Mr. & Mrs. Atencio, Bubbawheat, Nostra at Myfilmviews, Dan the Man, Ian the Cool, Dan at Top10, Le0pard, Lady Sati, Max at ImpassionedCinema, Jaina, TaiwanJon, My man Tim at Timsfilmreviews, Morgan on Media, Paula’s Cinema Club, Drkaman, FernbyFilms, TajGreene, Moshawty, Trevor, Little Guy In a Tie, BishopReviews, Rorschach reviews, Issy, Brit, Esteban, Brian at CanBabiesDrinkRedbull and so so so many more of you! –Thank You!
It is because of all of you that I continue and stay glued to my phone to keep you updated and respond to comments each and every day (more like each and every half hour!). This post is more of a celebration of you being here for three years and thanking you for making it so much fun.
From “Checking Out the Happy-Haps,” “Time to Vote Tuesday” and “Rants of Whine and Reason” to “New Posters of the Week,” “Trailer Time Thursday,” “CinematiCaptions” and “Netflix Streaming No-No’s” each of the regular segments that pop up in addition to the reviews are made even that much better by you reading/commenting/being a part! And it is with you I celebrate this 3rd birthday.
In celebration of today’s 3-year anniversary of the site…and you all being a part of it…I have 3 gifts to give away and you have an opportunity to win by participating in the following game. It is a 10-question quiz that, if you’ve paid attention over the past…well, even the past 7-8 months…you can answer easily!
Here are the rules:
- 1 entry per person
- Answer the questions (not in the comment section)
- Email your name and your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org (I know, I know…it’s a LONG email address).
- The first email received (in order) that correctly answer all 10 questions will win 1 $25 Fandango gift card.
- The second correct email will win a 3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/DVD combo copy of The Amazing Spider-Man.
- The third correct email will win a copy of the soundtrack to Star Trek Into Darkness.
- Have fun!
- To ensure your email reaches me and doesn’t stay in the Spam folder, please put in the subject line: “3 Year Contest”
- Only US residents are eligible at this time (sorry to my international fans).
- Submissions will be accepted until Friday, May 31st. The winners will receive a notification email from me on June 1, 2013!
- **Addendum: Must be a follower/subscriber to enter/win. On Facebook, Twitter, Email subscription, WordPress, etc.
Here’s your quiz: (may I recommend using links on this page, including, but not limited to, the search box)
- How many movies have been reviewed on the site (not counting the “coming soon” reviews)?
- How many movies that I have reviewed have received a “perfect” score (5/5 or 10/10)
- What is my favorite all-time movie? (BTW, it isn’t SPLICE)
- Who is my self-acclaimed “Movie Wife”?
- What was the site called before it was changed to TheFocusedFilmographer?
- What major 2012 blockbuster movie am I actually in as a background artist?
- Which international film festival will I be giving complete coverage of in the month of September?
- True or False? Regular segments “Movie News Monday”, “Time to Vote Tuesday” and “Trailer Time Thursday” all started in the same week back in June 2010.
- What 2 movies have won “BEST PICTURE” over the past 2 most recent annual Red Web Awards?
- My favorite pieces of movie memorabilia to collect regularly is?
Thank you to all of you for participating! For being a part of the events here at the site…whether it be from day 1 or just this past week. All of your input, participation, comments, submissions, likes, shares and more are so greatly appreciated.
Happy 3rd birthday (…and many more…) to you being a part of TheFocusedFilmographer.com!
Thanks for reading! Happy watching!
up next: Review for EPIC, and I just realized my MUD review was still in “draft” status, so that will post next too.
Have a great day!