“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 153!

June 11, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll: Thank You, Mr. Nolan. has officially closed and the results are in with 26 total votes. Asking which item of movie memorabilia you would like to have from one of Christopher Nolan’s movies was quite fun, albeit a bit predictable. haha. Thanks to everyone for their input on last week’s poll. Batman’s cowl took top honors, and, when I asked Batman what he thought about the results and why he thought his item won, he simply told me: “Because I’m BATMAN!” haha

Congratulations, Bats!

Congrats, Bats!

The other options all received votes too and I was glad to see those votes as well. Be sure to check out the rest of the results in last week’s poll HERE! Thanks to all that voted and made last week’s poll fun!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “The Hobbit in the Spotlights” brings a simple poll to you, but with it comes an amazing first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-slice The very first teaser trailer launched today, and, I have it here for you. Take a watch!   The unexpected journey continues and stars the likes of Luke Evans, Martin Freeman, Orlando Bloom, Cate Blanchett, Evangeline Lilly, Ian McKellan, Richard Armitage and so many more.thorin Many are excited to see it, and especially to see Smaug. Are you? Do you like Peter Jackson’s representations of J.R.R. Tolkein’s classic books? Do you like the books more? Were you disappointed in The Hobbit movie? Well, while some may debate about Jackson’s splitting up The Hobbit into three movies, I ultimately still can say that I enjoy the whole overall presentation of Tolkein’s world. So many great looking sets, places and characters. Today I ask you:

——–

hobbit_the_desolation_of_smaug

Look for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in theaters this December 13!

Thanks for joining me today! What item did you choose? and why? Let me know in the comment section below! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 6-18-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. June 11, 2013 11:39 am

Love these teasers that are actually full length trailers! LOL 😀

• June 11, 2013 11:43 am

hahahaha. Right? I thought about that too as they are promoting it as a “teaser” but, oh well. I just hope the next trailers aren’t full of spoilers then.

Glad you pointed that out, Fogs! 🙂

2. June 11, 2013 11:55 am

Gandalf!!!!

• June 11, 2013 3:47 pm

somehow, Tim, I had a feeling that would be your choice! 🙂 thanks for voting

• June 11, 2013 4:13 pm

You cannot pass! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass!

• June 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Funny, I said the same thing to the Red Fire Engine on the highway behind me the other day as I was driving.

then, the lights and siren came on…and I let them pass. I’m such a Gandalf failure! lol

3. Trevor permalink
    June 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Really dude? Absolutely NO love for Gimli in your silly little poll? in fact, there’s not even a single dwarf option on your poll.

What do you have against dwarves hrmm? I predict it’s beard envy. You can’t grow an awesome dwarf beard so you shun my people from your corner of the internet.

FOR SHAME SIR!

• Trevor permalink
      June 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I may or may not have overreacted…

• June 11, 2013 3:49 pm

LOL. I had a good laugh feeling your love for Gimli come through your shaming words! haha. I must admit, Gimli’s beard has me pretty jealous. I must have some pretty deeply rooted envy over dwarf beardisms. My corner of the internet apologizes! haha 😀

Thanks for voting! Are you ready for the next Hobbit film?

• Trevor permalink
        June 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I am ready for it. I enjoyed the first one too.

To be honest, I felt the first Hobbit movie was on par with the first Lord of the Rings movie. Neither were particularly exciting and mostly were just set up for the last film in the trilogy. Everyone who’s complaining about how terrible The Hobbit was will forget when the last movie comes out and there’s an epic battle with a goddamn dragon.

A dragon people. Even Sauron didn’t have a dragon.

Also, it’s not like Peter Jackson made “The Hobbit: The Phantom Menace” so calm down.

4. June 11, 2013 1:16 pm

I went with Gandalf and None. By way of explanation, I absolutely love all three of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Movies, and absolutely HATED the Hobbit. The Hobbit is one of my very favorite books and I had to force myself to not walk out of the movie. 3 hours of absolute garbage laced with recycled shots from the LoTR trilogy, not to mention weird strung out looking Frodo for zero reason at the beginning of the movie. If I ever have to watch the Hobbit again, I may have to boil my eyeballs to remove the infection that is that movie.

• June 11, 2013 3:50 pm

haha. I was wondering what you would vote on this poll Em. Thanks for being a part. I was not a big fan of The Hobbit myself and am curious what your thoughts will be on the next one. Did you like the trailer at least?

• June 11, 2013 5:44 pm

I watched the trailer but find it hard to be optimistic about anything to do with the project after the first part.

5. June 11, 2013 2:14 pm

I picked Aragorn and Gandalf, though I think I like Galadriel equally but she’s not on screen as much. I haven’t seen this new trailer yet but will do so before I leave. I hope there’s more Thorin and Thranduil on this one!!!

• June 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Ruth! Thanks for voting. I, for some “strange” reason, 😉 always end up thinking of you when I see Thorin.

Nice picks. I’m sure that my sister will have a vote here for Aragorn when she visits as well.

• June 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Ahah, well I take that as a compliment then T!! 😀 There are sooo many eye candy in Hobbit 2, I mean Armitage, Lee Pace, Luke Evans… oh my!!! 😀

6. June 11, 2013 2:15 pm

How can you not have Samwise? He’s the true hero of the story and not Frodo.

Who convinced the Rangers to let them go? Who never trusted Gollum? Who took the ring when he thought Frodo was dead to complete the mission? Who carried Frodo up the mountain? Who rescued Frodo from the crack of Doom? Who got the girl in the end? Samwise, that’s who!

Gollum is second. By far the best performance in the entire film.

• June 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah, but Sam can’t swim…so…there’s that! 😀

#TeamSamwise

• June 11, 2013 4:08 pm

He still got the girl.

• June 11, 2013 4:09 pm

hahaha. touche! 😀

7. June 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Has to be Gandalf and Gollum, right? Though Sam is a close runner-up.

• June 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Yeah, I knew from the start that those would be the frontrunners and almost excluded them from the polls. but, at the risk of an uprising revolt, I left them in the poll as options! 🙂

thanks for voting