“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 156!

July 2, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll: What’s in a Name? has officially closed and the results are in with 67 total votes. Asking which “last name” do you prefer between two Hollywood-ites with the same last name. Choosing between Woody Allen and Tim Allen; Samuel L. Jackson and Peter Jackson; etc. Some close polls and the results are in. Congrats to Woody Allen, Samuel L. Jackson, Patrick Stewart, Michael J. Fox and Guillermo del Toro!guillermo

Be sure to check out how many votes each name got in last week’s poll HERE! Thanks to all that voted and made last week’s poll fun!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Re-release Recommendations” brings up a question of preference with classic pictures. In case you missed it, The Wizard of Oz is set to be re-released in theaters in IMAX and in 3D! Yep. Here’s the trailer:

It’s interesting gauging people’s reaction to news such as this. Should classics be remastered, re-rendered and re-released? Giving new audiences a chance to enjoy films they, perhaps otherwise, never would have seen? We like it, perhaps, when Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park are re-released, but not when Star Wars is. Let’s imagine, for the purpose of today’s poll, that you serve on a movie production company’s consultation board and that TWO of the poll’s options are undoubtedly set to be re-released in theaters. (Let’s also pretend that you are a big fan of movies in 3D, okay!) 😀3d

The final two recommendations are up to YOU for which “classic” favorites are re-released in IMAX and 3D. Which of the choices that the “production company” give you are you recommending?

Today I ask you:

You may not be a fan of 3D or of re-releases, but, if you HAD to pick 2…which ones are you going to pick?

——–

Thanks for joining me today! Which films would you like to see in IMAX and in 3D? and why? Let me know in the comment section below! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 7-9-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. July 2, 2013 10:41 am

Gladiator and BTTF for me. Gladiator because the first time I saw and fell for this film was after seeing it on a small screen on a ferry! And BTTF, because seeing that on the big screen would just make me grin from ear to ear.

• July 2, 2013 10:50 pm

Jaina! How wonderful to have you here. Great choices. Gladiator is one that I think I would vote for on this list myself!

2. July 2, 2013 10:47 am

I’m a huge Disney fan so Fantasia is a must! I’d be the first one there if they did it 🙂 Aliens and Jaws had an equal chance but I love Aliens so much! 🙂

• July 2, 2013 10:51 pm

🙂 Nice choices. I like how Jaws loses out to Aliens in your reasoning! ha a great battle there. Thanks for voting and commenting, Kim. Thanks

3. Trevor permalink
    July 2, 2013 10:56 am

Aliens and BTTF.

I never saw the first one in the theaters but I remember standing in line outside the theater in the rain waiting to see BTTF 2.

2 more years for them to make a hoverboard.

• July 2, 2013 10:51 pm

2 more years til Avengers 2! 🙂

4. July 2, 2013 11:03 am

ALIENS AND GLADIATOR!!!

• July 2, 2013 10:52 pm

Warrior films all the way, Tim. I like how you think. Imagine seeing them in IMAX 3D!! Super sweet. Thanks for voting

5. July 2, 2013 12:23 pm

So I voted for Fantasia and Matrix only because they would be the only 2 that might potentially have interesting visuals in 3D. However, 3D is the root of all evil and those who continue to “remix” movies into 3D simply because they are profit whores and subject the masses to their continued re-releases (Lucas, Speilburg, and Disney animation, you know you are) should share the same special circle of hell.

• July 2, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi Em. Thanks for voting and commenting. I don’t mind the 3D if they truly have something to offer, but so many times it seems to be nothing short of a money grab. You’re right.

so…bring on The Matrix and Fantasia! I love that you took some consideration for the visuals

6. July 2, 2013 12:50 pm

The only reason people have (largely retroactively) decried the Star Wars re-releases is because of the changes that were made. When the re-releases came out in theatres, people were more excited than they were for any of the new releases.

As long as we’re just talking remastering, there’s nothing wrong with re-releasing a film. I’d love to see any of the films listed get normal theatrical runs (not just the Cinemark classic series, which only has the film two days a month and at regular theatre ticket prices.) Picking two, I’d go with Ghostbusters and Back to the Future.

As for 3D… meh. Post-conversion doesn’t really add anything, but it doesn’t detract too much if done well.

• July 2, 2013 10:54 pm

A friend and I were discussing today what the Ghostbusters scene with Mr. Staypuft would look like in 3D! completely awesome! haha. Thanks for voting this week

7. July 2, 2013 12:52 pm

Ghostbusters and Jaws. Those two movies were so instrumental in my early movie watching years, I’d love to see them given a brand new theater once over.

• July 2, 2013 10:56 pm

Sir Phobos! Thanks for stopping in and voting this week. Great picks. This is fun seeing everyone’s choices and reasons why. Appreciate ya

• July 2, 2013 11:03 pm

And I think I’m the only one that voted for Jaws. That is a shame.

• July 2, 2013 11:05 pm

well…so far. The poll is open for a week. Share it with your friends, tell them to vote for Jaws. Who knows? He may have the greatest comeback ever! 🙂

8. July 2, 2013 3:43 pm

I picked Gladiator and The Matrix, boy those would’ve made a nice double feature as both are epic but set in such different time and place 😀

• July 2, 2013 10:56 pm

ooh, a fun double feature. I’d be sitting right next to you for both of them too! 🙂 Thanks for voting Ruth.

9. July 3, 2013 9:43 am

2001 would be pretty sweet. Its the most suited for a 3D conversion maybe.

• July 9, 2013 7:42 pm

I think 2001 is a good choice to see too. Thanks for voting Ian.

10. Ted S. permalink
    July 4, 2013 3:53 pm

I voted for 2001: A Space Odyssey since it’s shot in 70mm so if they re-release it on IMAX 70mm print, it would look amazing on the giant screen. I don’t want to see it on 3D though. I would also like to see Aliens get a re-release without any color changes to the original print, the Blu-ray version has too much teal in it. I know Cameron prefer it that way now since he likes the teal color just like his Avatar.

• July 9, 2013 7:45 pm

I would LOVE to get the chance to see it in 70mm. I didn’t realize it was shot that way. Although, I think I’d prefer to see Aliens first.

11. July 5, 2013 11:38 am

I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm earlier this year and it blew me away. Would love to see that get a re-release so more people could experience it the way it is meant to be seen.

• July 9, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks for voting Eric. I’d be right there in the seat next to you to watch it