“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 158!

July 23, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll: Best in the West (actually it was the poll from 2 weeks ag0) has officially closed and the results are in with 53 total votes. Asking which westerns were the best from those listed. As you may recall, several were up for debate and several exclusions were mentioned additionally. The best gunslinging capers of all the options listed have been chosen. I appreciate you all making the poll so much fun and mentioning others!True Grit_orr_post

Be sure to check out how many votes each movie got in last week’s poll HERE! There was an actual 2/3-way tie for second place, interestingly enough!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That: Who should be the next big Man of the Bat?” asks you to choose the best man to next where the Cap and Cowl opposite the Man of Steel in DC and Warner Bros’ next announced film that looks to be titled either (ready for this?): Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman.

“So the next film we’re making, we’re already in pre-production, comes out in summer of 2015 and it’s–we’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s–that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening.” -David Goyer (writer)

Lists are hitting the web like crazy today asking who you think should be the next Batman…so, I figured, why not join in on the fun. Below I have put together two polls dividing the list of 12 possibles into two categories:

1. those I’d like to see that are mainly known for their TV series roles

2. those I’d like to see that are mainly known for the move roles). Of course, that is subjective as some in each category could easily be in the other one. Just have fun with it!

Out of the loop on the upcoming Superman/Batman film? Catch up on the news of the announcement (along with other upcoming DC films) HERE.superman

Meanwhile, some great actors will undoubtedly be up for the part of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Below are the lists of people that I think would be pretty great options for to dual-sided role. If you need a reminder of who they are, prior to voting, take a look at their photos which will be in order directly under the poll.

Today I ask you:

Poll 1- Known mainly for their TV roles:

Poll 2- Known mainly for their MOVIE roles:

Let’s hear it! Who should be the Batman?Batman-Vs-Superman-1-TPTIVIRZ0S-1024x768

——–

Thanks for joining me today! Let me know in the comment section below which of the choices, if any, you like most! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 7-30-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. July 23, 2013 11:30 am

lol is this really going to happen? Are they really going to make this work?

• July 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Well, Yes…but let’s reserve judgment on it actually working until we see more details. ha.

2. Trevor permalink
    July 23, 2013 11:31 am

As a die hard Batman fan but I think I need a few more years between Batman stories in film right now.

With Man of Steel being successful, I say let the big blue boy scout have his moment in our yellow sun.

• July 25, 2013 11:31 pm

I can understand that. And..thanks for voting. But by the time we get to the Justice League, comparisons of the Bale Batman and the new one will still be drawn. Perhaps this is a pre-emptive strike to get the reintroduction out of the way by fusing it with Supes.

3. GoldenBear permalink
    July 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I think the question really is how much do you want the next batman to resemble the last batman (Christian bale) or have him be his own batman. Also if the story is going to continue with Bruce Wayne retiring or ignore that fact. I haven’t read anything about the direction of the film so what do I know. It still may be too soon from the end of the dark knight rises that it will draw too much comparison and take away from what could be a great performance by the next dark knight in my opinion.

• July 25, 2013 11:33 pm

It doesn’t matter to me how he resemble the Bale Batman. As long as they stay true to the character overall. Much like when they change the voice actors in the animated movies.

When it comes to the Bat, we’d have to still face a new one in The Justice League movie in 2017. And even then, w/o him being in the Superman/Batman movie, people would say it was too soon for a new Batman. (Look at the Spidey reboot!) But, I think it will still pan out.

4. July 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Richard Armitage or Matt Bomer out of yours but I am undecided 😀

• July 25, 2013 11:33 pm

aha! then the poll was a good one.

• July 26, 2013 8:06 am

They’ll pick the actor for the character and we still don’t know which variation of Batman he will play. Its a wait and see game now 😀

5. Chris permalink
    July 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Too soon for a new batman. Also, I feel as though many of these actors are too old to play Bruce Wayne. I can’t make up my mind in a vote right now. I need a little more time to think it over. Also, what happened to all those rumors of Joseph Gordon levitt playing batman in the jla movie? Wouldn’t it make sense to have him star in this movie as well?

• Trevor permalink
      July 23, 2013 2:33 pm

The age of Bruce Wayne could be taken into account since when they teased Superman/Batman at SDCC they quoted Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” which started an aging Batman.

In that sense, I could see Jon Hamm playing the playboy Bruce Wayne at that part but I can’t see any of these choices as a “gritty” Batman, or at least the Batman everyone knows and loves.

I don’t know, I agree with you though that it’s too soon for a new Batman movie. Especially with the legacy that Nolan has left with his Batman movies. Between the success of Nolan’s movies and the Batman: Arkham video games the bar has been set pretty damn high for good Batman stories. This early after those I can’t help but think it’s going to be a rush for a cash grab and we’ll end up with Batman & Robin v2.0

• July 25, 2013 11:34 pm

I knew you might feel that way Chris. but I think the timing might work to DC’s favor.

and JGL rumors are exactly that. It wouldn’t make sense to have him star as Batman. esp given the name that he has in TDKR. so, for now, let’s not dwell on JGL being Batman. He won’t be. 🙂

6. Ted S. permalink
    July 23, 2013 7:12 pm

I hope they’ll cast someone kind of unknown to most people here in the States for the new Batman/Bruce Wayne so I voted for Richard Armitage. Luke Evans might be good too but since he’s openly gay, I highly doubt they’ll even consider him.

• July 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Luke Evans would still be a great choice and I think that he should be strongly considered. However, who knows which direction they are going to go

7. July 24, 2013 1:43 am

Looking at the options I must admit that I’ve seen too little of their work to cast any votes….

• July 25, 2013 11:36 pm

That’s fine, Nostra! Thanks for stopping in. You can vote from their looks then if that pleases you. 🙂

8. July 24, 2013 5:44 am

Still not sold on the idea of Supes/Batman movie yet but I picked Waldau/Lincoln and Armitage/Bana… oh man, I might spontaneously combust if I see Cavill and Armitage in the same movie 😉

• July 25, 2013 11:36 pm

haha. I’ll bring your fire extinguisher. 🙂

9. July 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Not sold on this idea and will not really believe it’s happening until there’s a script, director, cast and a trailer. Seriously, I’m that skeptical about it.

• July 25, 2013 11:39 pm

I don’t blame you, Jaina. Not at all. We shall see. haha. Thanks for stopping by and voting