“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 160!

August 6, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll: Blu-Ray Benefits has officially closed and the results are in with 48 total votes. Asking for your opinions on the value of Blu-ray movies. Some very interesting comments and conversations and I appreciate the input of all who voted. The top two reasons for purchasing Blu-Ray movies (tied for 1st place) were:

1. To add to my collection / Replace my old DVD or VHS tapes
  2. To enjoy the High-definition video AND audio benefits

bluray

To check out the overall results of last week’s poll, click HERE!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “The Felonious Five” brings together a team of movie characters and unites them towards one cause. As Alfred Pennyworth once said:

“Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

One of the toughest challenges that my favorite superhero Spider-Man had to face, villain-wise, was the conglomerate group of baddies known as the Sinister Six. The original group of super-villains included Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, Sandman, The Vulture, Mysterio and Electro. (Some fans believe that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is setting up the Sinister Six storyline for a future film.) It was tough, but Spider-Man prevailed (of course!).Sinister_Six

Today let’s have some fun being bad. 🙂 By that, I mean, I have put together some teams of movie villains for you to choose from. If you were the Kingpin of all movie villains and a team of do-gooders stood in your way of total domination over the puny mortals of Earth and you needed a team of villains to help you conquer the world…which of the following teams would you assemble?pinky_brain

This choice isn’t as easy as you might think. Every team has a mastermind…or two. Every team has its questionable hothead and its questionable reliable villain. Some have superpowers, some have super smarts and some are just super annoying. 🙂 There’s a little bit of rhyme and reason to the madness but sometimes you have to “introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!” 😀

kingpin

Some things to remember:

• You may take over the world, but will you be able to maintain your rule over your “Felonious Five”?
  • How will you use the strengths of your teams to take down the governments of the world?
  • Some teams have too many leaders? You know what they say about too many cooks in the same kitchen…
  • Do you want a team of more brawn than brains? Then what after the takeover?
  • When it’s all said and done, what will you name your one-world nation? 🙂 —be creative and tell me in the comment section!

——–

Today I ask you:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

——–

Thanks for joining me today! Just wanted to pick something fun and out of the ordinary. Due to technical difficulties, this one posted much later than normal. Thanks for being here and voting! 🙂 Let me know in the comment section below the teams you chose and what you would name your one-world nation ruled by the baddies! Can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 8-13-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. August 6, 2013 8:14 pm

Team 4 and 6 for me! The main thing I looked at was whether I could rule over these villains afterwards. I mean, there is no way I could rule anyone in Team 1 and then the other ones had crazy uncontrollable people. I’m not feeling very creative though..so no name for my nation. Lets just hope I don’t get killed afterwards by one of those first 😉 Deal with problems one step at a time in these cases 😉

• August 6, 2013 8:25 pm

ooh. Nice choices Kim! Thanks for voting. I like the thought process behind your choices. You’re right, one step at a time can be a very effective method.

no taking on the Alien Queen? haha Ripley did! 😉

thanks for voting and for your constant support my friend!

• August 6, 2013 8:33 pm

HAHA! I ain’t Ripley and have some special attraction to the Alien Queen. I’m pretty sure its gonna kill me after we rule the world. Whats the point after that? And her as leader only means nothing left anyways 😉

2. August 6, 2013 8:25 pm

This is a tough one to put into poll form, as I wasn’t sold on any of your teams. Also the thought process is very different if you are putting yourself as the leader (as you are) rather than having one of the five be the leader. As such, most of the best villains would be too megalomaniacal to take orders from yours truly (Lex Luthor, Voldemort, Commodus). I think Stay Puft, Darth Maul, and Jason Voorhees are good choices for controllable muscle. Aliens would initially be a good choice for their high technology, but they’re often too numerous and often prefer to wipe out the planet instead of rule it (ID4, Mars Attacks, Xenomorphs). Ooh, a Predator for the muscle/tech combo without the masses. And I’ll top it off with the bankroll of Mr. Burns. Excellent. If I felt the need for someone to help plan that might not try to usurp me, I could knock Jason out in favor of Hannibal Lecter.

• August 6, 2013 8:29 pm

hahaha. i LOVE it! Nice options here.

Thanks not only for voting, but for putting extra thought into it and adding your own ideas. There were so many villains to go through I decided to mix it up and bring in some that come to mind along with some that don’t. Predator was an option at one point in time but Mr. Burns completely slipped my mind.

This was a fun poll to put together but I am having even more fun reading comments like these and watching how people vote.

Thanks man!

3. August 6, 2013 10:10 pm

I went 2 and 5. 5 because pound for pound, Voldemort might be the most powerful villain here, because as bad as episode I is, Darth Maul is pretty awesome, and because Hannibal eats people. 2 because when your list includes Hans Gruber and Stansfield, it really doesn’t matter who else makes the squad. 🙂

• August 14, 2013 8:29 am

See, I think you picked some good teams with some good logic behind it. Darth Maul is a solid choice. ha

4. August 7, 2013 7:15 am

Those are some crazy team ups 😀

• August 14, 2013 8:30 am

haha. mixing it up to be sure. Thanks for voting

5. August 7, 2013 9:32 am

Ahah, well can I vote for NONE of these?? I don’t want ANYONE taking over the world 😀 But in any case, I guess if I MUST vote, I went w/ the team w/ The Joker and Hans Gruber, two awesome villains I’d rather NOT meet in real life, ahah.

• August 14, 2013 8:31 am

ha, well, YOU are the one taking over the world. The ultimate bad guy leader. 🙂

6. August 8, 2013 4:13 am

I chose teams 1 and 4. Team 1 would probably take over the world easier, but they would be harder to maintain afterwards. I would probably play The Joker and Magneto off against each other hoping they would take each other out, or I would take out the winner. Dracula and the Queen would be easier to placate by giving them some power, and Leatherface could be my personal henchman, as long as I gave him enough villains.

• August 8, 2013 4:14 am

*victims

• August 14, 2013 8:32 am

haha. Probably the best explanation for Team 1. I fear too many people picked it just because of The Joker.

thanks for playing!