“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 161!

August 13, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll: The Felonious Five has officially closed and the results are in with 26 total votes. Asking for your choice of a team of bad guys and gals from movies in order to take over the world. The random mix of evil was split into six teams and the votes are in. (I must say, it’s pretty predictable if ever the Joker is in a poll just which one will always be chosen. haha). I really thought more of you would give Darth Maul and Voldemort a chance, or Mr. Staypuft and Agent Smith. Truly. Last week’s poll was still fun and I thank each of you who participated. By a landslide, here is the winning team:team1

To check out the overall results of last week’s poll, click HERE!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “The Crichton Collection” takes a look at the movies inspired by the works of renowned author and scifi enthusiast Michael Crichton.

Chicago-born native Michael Crichton grew up in New York and went to Harvard, obtained his undergrad degree in biological anthropology and later began publishing works while in medical school at Harvard Medical. Now with over 200 million copies of his books sold worldwide (mostly science fiction action thrillers), Crichton’s work is recognized and represented in movie form as well.crichton

The Jurassic Park series originates from the book of the same titled authored by Crichton. With Jurassic Park IV finally scheduled to release in 2015 under the direction of Colin Treverrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) and with Steven Spielberg as the executive producer, it’s time to get ready for more of the classic adventure that Crichton introduced to us so long ago. Crichton passed away due to complications with lymphoma and throat cancer in November 0f 2008 at the age of 66, but his legacy lives on. Jurassic Park IV is the start of his legendary continuation with the possibility of more…including a few unfinished works of his. jurassic-park-IV

I enjoy Michael Crichton’s works (on paper and film) and today we take a look at them.

——–

Today I ask you:

——–

Thanks for joining me today! Crichton’s work powered some of the better science fiction films of Hollywood history. I actually enjoy several of his works including his novels Prey and State of Fear. Do you read any of his work? Which is your favorite?

Well, can’t wait to see the results next week. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 8-20-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. August 13, 2013 9:04 am

Jurassic Park and Twister for me. Jurassic Park is definitely his best. Twister – I just really really enjoy watching that film. Over and over again! If it’s on TV, I’ll have it on.

• August 14, 2013 7:58 am

Jurassic Park is a fave of mine too. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Twister. I need to rewatch it on Blu-ray now with my sound system!

thanks for voting, Jaina

2. August 13, 2013 9:21 am

Awe man! I was hoping to be able to chime in on this weeks TTVT. Unfortunately the only movie I have seen on this list is Jurassic Park. I have never even heard of the others…lol. According to reviews, it doesn’t seem like I’m missing much with the others anyway.

Awe Shucks…perhaps next week I can chime in with a vote. And on another note Jurassic Park IV? Really?…smh. They should leave that franchise be. It ended well…ijs

• August 14, 2013 7:59 am

and yet, you still chimed in! you are amazing.

I recommend watching the 13th Warrior and Twister if you haven’t. Plus Andromeda Strain. Reading some of the other comments in this thread, there are some def diamonds to mine out.

JP4 is coming. We’ll see how it goes.

3. August 13, 2013 10:20 am

Great poll T! Well, I have to go w/ Jurassic Park hands down. For the second one, well I kind of like Timeline (GB was actually great and HOT in it, ahah), so I picked that one. I’d pick Twister for the 3rd option, haven’t seen the rest.

• August 14, 2013 8:02 am

I tried watching Timeline the other day again. Just couldn’t do it. 🙂

Thanks for voting. I recommend watching the 13th Warrior…it’s a fave of mine.

• August 14, 2013 8:04 am

Ahah, well it’s not a great film by any means but I blame Paul Walker as he shouldn’t have been the lead!! Plus having Billy Connolly who’s sooo Scottish as his dad just makes no sense.

4. August 13, 2013 11:41 am

“Jurassic Park” and the “Andormeda Strain”

• August 14, 2013 8:02 am

Hey Victor! Thanks for voting. Andromeda Strain…nice choice.

5. August 13, 2013 12:00 pm

JURASSIC PARK!!!

• August 14, 2013 8:03 am

are you excited for part 4? Thanks for voting, Tim

• August 14, 2013 9:28 am

I am eagerly awaiting it 😀

6. Victor De Leon permalink
    August 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Cool poll! JP and Andromeda Strain rule.

• August 14, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks man. and thanks for voting. I always wanted a movie for Prey after seeing Andromeda Strain done.

• Victor De Leon permalink
        August 14, 2013 9:05 am

I really enjoyed “Prey” and I always thought “Micro” and “State of Fear” would make decent movies.

7. August 13, 2013 8:34 pm

great train robbery and 13th warrior

• August 14, 2013 8:06 am

Hi Em, Thanks for voting! Great choices. Glad to see representation for the 13th Warrior

8. bdgill12 permalink
    August 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Jurassic Park is one of my 10 favorite films of all time and the book holds a similar place. Other than Tolkien, Crichton was the first author I read extensively as a kid/pre-teen and I blew through just about everything he had written to that point. Sphere, while not a great movie, is a tremendously well-written, intelligent book that would’ve been very difficult to adapt and I think the film did an admirable job.

• August 14, 2013 8:07 am

Yeah, Sphere kinda got shafted, huh? I like that you can still defend it though.

Are you sold on the idea of Jurassic Park 4?

• bdgill12 permalink
        August 14, 2013 11:02 am

Hmmmmm…I mean, I’m going to see it and I like the choice on the director. But all of the sequels have been a letdown so I’m not overly optimistic.

9. August 14, 2013 7:38 am

Jurassic Park is just a no brainer. I quite like Twister too, though I didn’t realise it was based on a Crichton book. I read Jurassic Park. I recall not minding it, but being a touch underwhelmed. I think I have a couple of others of his lying around that I haven’t read. What are some of your favourite books by him?

• August 14, 2013 8:12 am

I always liked the movie the 13th Warrior and just realized recently that it was a Crichton work as well. it’s fun learning things like that, isn’t it?

Man, the book PREY sold me on Crichton’s non-Jurassic Park works. I also like State of Fear just to name a couple. Thanks for voting.

• August 15, 2013 2:34 am

Cheer mate. I think I have a copy of Prey around somewhere. Might have to track it down.