“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 163!

August 27, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

Last week’s poll: The A’s Have It has officially closed and the results are in with 19 and 24 total votes each, respectively. Asking for your choice of roles for Amy Adams and Andrew Garfield who both celebrated a birthday last Tuesday. Thanks to everyone who voted and shared their fave roles of Andrew and Amy.

To check out the overall results of last week’s poll, click HERE!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “The Summer that Slipped By” takes a look back at the summer (now ended) and the box-office offerings you may have missed.

Summer is always a time to watch exciting movies. Some films, though, often quite manage to slip by. There are polls out right now asking for the BEST movie of the summer from May until now. While it is a universal truth that Pacific Rim was the best movie of Summer 2013 🙂 , there are plenty of other great ones that we enjoyed…and several others that disappointed us.

Smashing the cinematic contenders!

BUT, maybe you missed one that you really wanted to see…or perhaps you saw one that you know a lot of people didn’t see but really needed to.

Below, today’s poll lists the “Sleeper Films” that fit that category from this past summer. Films like Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing, The Spectacular Now and Kings of Summer. The films that don’t get the attention that they deserve (or don’t) due to the likes of blockbusters such as Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Despicable Me 2 etc being in theaters.kings_2650629b

RULES: So, for today’s poll,

1. if you were to recommend two movies to your best friend that you know they didn’t see but you did over the past summer -or-
  2. if you have two movies that you were interested in seeing but couldn’t get around to it due to its limited release/schedule etc, -or-
  3. if you have two movies that you kept reading great reviews on and are on your list to see when it comes out,

…those are the TWO movies you need to vote for in today’s poll below.

215366-muchado2

Today I ask you:

——–

Thanks for joining me today! I can’t wait to see the results next week. I’m curious which “sleeper” or “limited release” film you all rank as the best or most desirable to watch. Be sure to vote before the polls close on 9-3-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

up next: Review for The World’s End and more reviews for The White Sands International Film Festival!

1. August 27, 2013 10:53 am

Dang it! I missed The Kings of Summer, and I was really wanting to see this one. Now I guess I have to wait until it comes On Demand or something. This was the only one I really wanted to see and missed (likely due to schedule). Fruitvale Station is one I was anticipating and did get to see and recommend as a must see. Those were my 2 votes! 🙂

T did u see The Kings of Summer? I don’t recall seeing a review for it, but I may have missed it.

• August 27, 2013 11:04 am

I was thinking you’d vote for Fruitvale Station. 🙂

Unfortunately I missed Kings of Summer. I know a few other bloggers got to see it. It never came to my area. Much Ado was in my area for a week and I missed it. ha. I look forward to seeing both of those. Thanks for voting this week. 🙂

2. August 27, 2013 1:05 pm

The Way, Way Back is the best movie of the summer for me and it’s not even close. Really wish more people had seen it. I never got a shot at Kings of Summer but already have it marked on OnDemand in a couple of weeks. Hoping Spectacular Now gets a slightly wider release this week so I can check it out. Great question this week, T!

• August 27, 2013 2:06 pm

I have to see that one, it is finally in my city. Hope to catch it. I am also interested in Spectacular Now. Thanks for mentioning it. Appreciate ya voting

3. TheSilkSpectre permalink
    August 27, 2013 1:46 pm

I cannot begin to tell you how much I want to see Much Ado About Nothing! But if it was ever here, I never heard about it 😦

• August 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Me too! It was in El Paso for 1 week. and then *POOF* Gone! Thanks for voting today

4. August 27, 2013 1:54 pm

No “This is the End”? I voted for “Before Midnight” and “Blue Jasmine”.

• August 27, 2013 2:05 pm

ha, but This is the End received a full wide release. The titles here really haven’t or didn’t and weren’t as accessible, hence why I refer to them as “sleeper” films because if they did perchance show up in your area…if you were asleep then you might’ve missed its short appearance of a week or so in your local theater.

5. Chris permalink
    August 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Much ado is my jam! Everyone needs to see that. I also wanted to see the way way back but let life get in the way. Stupid life!

• August 27, 2013 2:55 pm

ah, such is life! 🙂 thanks for commenting. I need to see Much Ado soon

6. August 27, 2013 3:30 pm

I’d recommend The Kings of Summer and Austenland as those are the two I had seen that I also enjoyed. I’d also recommend The Reluctant Fundamentalist, though it’s definitely not a comedy, oh and In A World, a comedy by Lake Bell which barely got any release anywhere but it’s definitely worth a look.

• September 7, 2013 1:02 am

I can’t wait to see The Kings of Summer! Thanks for voting Ruth.

Oh and I do want to see The Reluctant Fundamentalist!

7. August 27, 2013 9:43 pm

I voted for Before Midnight and The Way, Way Back, as those are my two favorite movies from this summer. More people definitely need to check them out.

• September 7, 2013 1:03 am

2 good picks that I would love to see myself. Thanks for sharing.

8. August 28, 2013 11:37 am

I wanted to see Kings of Summer but I couldn’t find it in the UK 😦

• September 7, 2013 1:03 am

I wanted to see it and couldn’t find it in the US 😦

• September 7, 2013 5:48 am

Its like they don’t want our money!