Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
Trailers of the Week:
1. The Turning. All that I can tell you about this film at this point is that it is a collection of short films that are based on the writings of Australian author Tom Winton and that it is a collaborative work with the likes of Cate Blanchett, Mia Wasikowska, Hugo Weaving, Rose Byrne, Richard Roxburgh, Miranda Otto and more. Look for it to release later this year.
2. +1. The biggest party of the year for three college friends turns out to be a night that they will NEVER forget when an unexplained occurrence threatens their relationships and their lives. Look for this interesting film of parallels directed by Dennis Iliadis (Last House on the Left) to release later this year.
3. Divergent. In case you missed this trailer when posted on this week’s Movie News Monday, here is the first trailer for the upcoming Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, Jai Courtney and more. Click HERE for more details for this March 21, 2014 release. Also, don’t miss the featurette at the bottom of this post!
4. Dallas Buyers Club. Matthew McConaughey stars in this film based on the true story of “Texas electrician Ron Woodroof and his battle with the medical establishment and pharmaceutical companies after being diagnosed as HIV-positive in 1986, and his search for alternative treatments that helped established a way in which fellow HIV-positive people could join for access to his supplies.” -Focus Features. Also starring Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto, this drama releases on November 1.
5. All the Boys Love Mandy Lane. All of the highschool boys are infatuated with Mandy, and, while on a weekend retreat/party, it seems that someone else is infatuated with all of them…insidiously that is. One by one, the revelers disappear and dreams turn to danger. Look for this horror flick to head your way on September 6.
6. Inside Llewyn Davis. Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman and more star in this Coen bros’ drama based on the life of a struggling artist/musican in 1961 Greenwich Village. The music and the acting look to be contenders for award season as this film is set to release on December 20.
7. 47 Ronin (int’l trailer). Here’s a new trailer for the Keanu Reeves action fantasy about a group of samurai on a mission to avenge the death of their master. That action and adventure look pretty neat. Look for it on December 25, 2013.
Spotlight Video of the Week:
Shailene Woodley’s upcoming film that has a Hunger Games feel to it is also based on a series of books by Veronica Roth. Hear her thoughts and get a little bit more insight into the upcoming film and hopeful series through the video below.
Check it out:
The synopsis for Divergent:
Divergent is set in dystopian Chicago, where society is broken up into five factions, which determine a person’s way of life. The story centers on Beatrice “Tris” Prior, a teen who comes of age and must decide whether to stay with her family’s faction, the selfless “Abnegation,” or choose a new faction. It’s only a mild spoiler to point out that she chooses Dauntless, the faction known for its daring and brave members. But before that, she discovers she’s “Divergent,” which means she’ll never truly fit into any one faction, and “they” can’t control her. The preview shows Tori (Maggie Q) feeding Tris this information in the form of a warning. To put it mildly, being Divergent isn’t something she should advertise.
What do you think?
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today: Divergent, Dallas Buyers Club and 47 Ronin.
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, August 30, 2013:
- Wide Release: Getaway (my review), One Direction: This is Us and Closed Circuit.
- Limited Release: , The Lifeguard, I Declare War and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: “New Posters of the Week”