“Trailer Time Thursday!” 9.5.13

September 5, 2013

Today is THURSDAY!!! And even though the White Sands International Film Festival coverage is underway (see HERE for all of the updates), I still had to bring you your usual weekly fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”

In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

Check them out and ENJOY!!! :)

(All of the film descriptions are from IMDB)

Trailers of the Week:

1. Gravity. A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space. October 4.

2. Best Man Down. A newlywed couple cancels their honeymoon and returns to the snowy Midwest to make the funeral arrangements for their best man, who died unexpectedly after their ceremony. October 3.

3. Man of Tai Chi. A young martial artist’s unparalleled Tai Chi skills land him in a highly lucrative underworld fight club.

4. The Summit. On August 2008, twenty-four climbers from several international expeditions converged on High Camp of K2, the last stop before the summit of the most dangerous mountain on earth. Forty-eight hours later, eleven had been killed or had vanished, making it the worst K2 climbing disaster in history.

5. Kill Your Darlings. A murder in 1944 draws together the great poets of the beat generation: Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs. October 18.

6. Runner Runner. When a poor college student who cracks an online poker game goes bust, he arranges a face-to-face with the man he thinks cheated him, a sly offshore entrepreneur. October 4.

7. 47 Ronin (int’l trailer). A band of samurai set out to avenge the death and dishonor of their master at the hands of a ruthless shogun. December 25, 2013.

Spotlight Video of the Week:

Trailer for The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivotyoung

A 12-year-old cartographer secretly leaves his family’s ranch in Montana where he lives with his cowboy father and scientist mother and travels across the country on board a freight train to receive an award at the Smithsonian Institute.

Check it out: (You have to click the photo below to watch the trailer as the original poster has disabled the ability to embed it and share it here. Sorry, once another version is available to publish, I will put it here). Don’t miss this wonderful trailer!

The-Young

Click photo to watch trailer!

What do you think? I look forward to seeing it.

Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!

My favorite trailers from today: Gravity, The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivot and 47 Ronin.

Which ones are your favorites??

This Week

This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:

Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, September 6, 2013:

• Wide Release: Riddick
  • Limited Release: Salinger, Toucy Feely and more.

up next: Continued coverage of The White Sands International Film Festival (already in progress)WSIFF

1. September 5, 2013 11:35 am

GRAVITY is the most beautifully photographed one, but I get the feeling they are showing you the whole movie. Not that I won’t see it, I probably will. RUNNER RUNNER looks interesting. T.S. SPIVET has that AMELIE magical/fantasy quality that I like. As always, thanks for putting this together T 🙂

• September 7, 2013 12:45 am

Gravity is drawing me in! (haha, had to use the pun). Thanks for watching. I am curious to see what else they have left to show. Hoping they have more than just what they are using to draw people to it.

T.S. Spivet has my attention for sure. Thank you for the kind comment!

2. September 5, 2013 6:22 pm

I’m really interested in Gravity and Kill Your Darlings. The Keanu films got me somewhat interested but they seem like films that can go either way.

• September 7, 2013 12:46 am

Me too Issy, Thanks for adding your thoughts. I think I like 47 Ronin a bit more now myself when it comes to the Keanu films. how about you?

3. September 5, 2013 7:54 pm

I saw Best Man Down last year at TCFF, Justin was actually at one of the panels promoting it. It was called something else though. I posted the 2nd Gravity trailer on Five for the Fifth today too, I’m even more intrigued now.

• September 7, 2013 12:47 am

Best Man Down didn’t look interesting to me until this trailer. hmm, we’ll see. Did you like what Justin had to say about it?

4. September 6, 2013 4:30 am

I’ve actually managed to see a couple of these films. The Man of Tai Chi, which I thought was going to be really cool, is all kinds of terrible. Very close to my list of the worst of the year. The Summit is pretty good. I find mountain disaster films much of a muchness generally, but it is definitely a good one.

• September 7, 2013 12:48 am

Sad to hear about TMOTC but I really have had no expectations for it, so I’m not surprised. I am curious, like you, about The Summit though. Thanks for reporting on The Man of Tai Chi for us.

5. September 6, 2013 9:45 am

HEY! T.S. Spivot! Montana? They filmed that in Montreal 🙂 I was wondering when we’d have some news on that 🙂 I like that sort of story!

• September 7, 2013 12:49 am

The filmed it in Montreal? I didn’t know that! How cool. So many neat filming opportunities around you. One day you must take the opportunity to be in a film. 🙂

• September 7, 2013 11:46 pm

Its not so easy for that. At least I haven’t figured out how to do it. That might be a fun idea!

They film a lot of movies in Montreal now. Its cheaper and you can turn downtown or chinatown to NYC settings and then Old Montreal works for Europe backgrounds 😉 Or you can do what Warm Bodies did and just revamped the whole area.

6. September 9, 2013 7:19 am

It does seem like they are showing a bit too much of Gravity now but I can’t say I’m not intrigued. In fact, the trailers are breathtaking as standalone short films!

7. September 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for including The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivot as I hadn’t heard of it, and it looks brilliant. I’m also looking forward to seeing Gravity and Best Man Down 🙂

• September 17, 2013 8:32 pm

I am so glad whenever someone visits and finds something new they didn’t know before! Thanks for watching. I was quite delighted by that trailer as well. 🙂

• September 28, 2013 8:09 am

No problem, I really look forward to your posts as I learn about so many interesting films from you 🙂

1. “Trailer Time Thursday!” 9.5.13 | St. Clair Cinema Club