Today is THURSDAY!!! And even though the White Sands International Film Festival coverage is underway (see HERE for all of the updates), I still had to bring you your usual weekly fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
(All of the film descriptions are from IMDB)
Trailers of the Week:
1. Gravity. A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space. October 4.
2. Best Man Down. A newlywed couple cancels their honeymoon and returns to the snowy Midwest to make the funeral arrangements for their best man, who died unexpectedly after their ceremony. October 3.
3. Man of Tai Chi. A young martial artist’s unparalleled Tai Chi skills land him in a highly lucrative underworld fight club.
4. The Summit. On August 2008, twenty-four climbers from several international expeditions converged on High Camp of K2, the last stop before the summit of the most dangerous mountain on earth. Forty-eight hours later, eleven had been killed or had vanished, making it the worst K2 climbing disaster in history.
5. Kill Your Darlings. A murder in 1944 draws together the great poets of the beat generation: Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs. October 18.
6. Runner Runner. When a poor college student who cracks an online poker game goes bust, he arranges a face-to-face with the man he thinks cheated him, a sly offshore entrepreneur. October 4.
7. 47 Ronin (int’l trailer). A band of samurai set out to avenge the death and dishonor of their master at the hands of a ruthless shogun. December 25, 2013.
Spotlight Video of the Week:
A 12-year-old cartographer secretly leaves his family’s ranch in Montana where he lives with his cowboy father and scientist mother and travels across the country on board a freight train to receive an award at the Smithsonian Institute.
Check it out: (You have to click the photo below to watch the trailer as the original poster has disabled the ability to embed it and share it here. Sorry, once another version is available to publish, I will put it here). Don’t miss this wonderful trailer!
What do you think? I look forward to seeing it.
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today: Gravity, The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivot and 47 Ronin.
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, September 6, 2013:
- Wide Release: Riddick
- Limited Release: Salinger, Toucy Feely and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer