A Quick Glance: New Posters from Last Week (9/8/13)

September 8, 2013

New Posters

Greetings everyone!

With all of the coverage of the impressive White Sands International Film Festival all last week (and more to come), I didn’t get the chance to go over all of the new posters with you and with my usual fellow commenter/contributor Bubbawheat at Flights, Tights and Movie Nights. But, so many of them came out last week, that I couldn’t let another day go by without at least showing them to you.

Below, with minimal commentary, are tons of the posters that released that I wanted to share. Enjoy, and let me know which ones you love (there are a few in that category for me).

As usual, click any poster for full-size and use the arrow keys to scroll through the entire selection.

HungerGamesBanner

So many that I like this week, including The Counselor, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, All is Lost and Ender’s Game. Plenty of films to be looking forward to that I hope are as appealing as their posters (or better).

Again, my apologies for the abbreviated presentation. The normal format with full commentary from myself and Bubbawheat will return soon. Have a great day and look forward to more here at thefocusedfilmographer.com.

Well, what do YOU think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? Which ones do you like/hate and why? Leave a comment! :)

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. Posters courtesy ImpAwardsCollider and additional sources (visit them to see more like these).

1. September 8, 2013 9:33 pm

Solid posters this time around! The most intriguing is Escape from Tomorrow, if mainly because of the whole movie itself. Do you know what it’s about and how it was filmed and all?

• September 8, 2013 9:36 pm

I’ve only seen a few things about it and, instead of butchering the synopsis and trying to answer, allow me to share a video that I found about it last week.

Thanks for commenting. I really liked so many of the posters this week myself. Eliza Graves also captures my attention and The Summit!

• September 8, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah, they all looked good. I’m also finally happy to see a Rush poster that’s not a total hack-job, although Chris’ head does seem a bit oddly-placed on that body.

• September 8, 2013 9:41 pm

I like the fact that both of their left eyes are covered. haha

2. September 9, 2013 2:35 pm

Those for Mitty looks cute, not sure if the film is intriguing enough though. Can’t wait for Catching Fire!

Btw, my next post is actually inspired by a recently-released poster, I was wondering if you’d have it here 😀

3. September 9, 2013 7:58 pm

The Walter Mitty ones are looking better… look at the skyscraper one. Same cut-and-paste pose, but now it has a lot more purpose than the general “walk in the clouds” posters.

Escape From Tomorrow is a very odd poster… and I wonder what the House of Mouse thinks about it? 😀

4. September 16, 2013 3:48 pm

I’m really looking forward to seeing All Is Bright (I love Paul Rudd), Don Jon and Machete Kills as me and my husband love the first film 🙂

• September 17, 2013 8:32 pm

I am looking forward to Don Jon as it is JGL’s directing debut…plus, well…Scarlett. 🙂 Thanks for checking out the posters

• September 22, 2013 8:23 am

That bit when JGL was rocking out to Marky Mark’s “Good Vibrations” was simply brilliant! 😀