“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 164!

September 10, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

The last poll we had here: week’s poll: The Summer that Slipped By has officially closed and the results are in with 36 total votes…asking for your choice of summer flicks that most audiences may have missed but need to see. Thanks to everyone who voted and shared their fave “sleeper summer films” from this year. The winners of the poll were:

To check out the overall results of last week’s poll, click HERE!

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Captains on Camera” takes a look at some favorite captains to grace the screen.

With Captain Phillips coming to theaters soon, starring Tom Hanks (have you seen the trailer yet? Click HERE) and with today’s blu-ray home video release of the summer blockbuster Star Trek Into Darkness, I decided we would take a look at Captains in Cinema!captains

Captains, leaders of the seas, skies and more. We have seen many over the past few years win battles, go down with ships, navigate through the choppiest of waters and be a beacon of leadership to which all may look to. From a captain of the HMS Bounty to a captain on a ship full of dead men to a captain pent on killing a monstrous shark, we’ve enjoyed movies lead by captains both crazed and courageous.Jaws-Robert-Shaw_5610

Today I ask you:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

—————–

Thanks for joining me today! I can’t wait to see the results next week. I’m curious which captains are your favorites. I’ll be honest, this isn’t the easist of polls. And there is no “other” option so, if you have another in mind, vote for two and then tell me another favorite in the poll!

Be sure to vote before the polls close on 9-17-13. The results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

Oh, and enjoy this viral video put together years ago of Jean Luc Picard! 🙂

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

up next: More reviews for The White Sands International Film Festival!

1. Chris permalink
    September 10, 2013 10:11 am

Captain miller and Captain Hook. They’re probably the two best actors on the list. Patrick Stewart would be 2 to their 1a and 1b.

• September 10, 2013 10:14 am

nice choices. the question was for the best captains…not necessarily best actors. Although I can’t blame you. All the choices are tough so you have to figure out how to differentiate somehow I guess. Thanks for voting.

2. September 10, 2013 10:49 am

I had to go with Jack Sparrow despite all of the follow up films and the way his character has changed. The original Jack Sparrow is just endlessly entertaining!

• September 10, 2013 1:46 pm

I agree with you man. Thanks for voting. Sparrow was a lot of fun.

3. September 10, 2013 11:17 am

Captains Kirk and Miller.

• September 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Kirk is a classic and I just had to include him. and I think Miller gets forgotten at times! Thanks for voting.

4. Victor De Leon permalink
    September 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Captains Kirk and Mal for me. That was fun! Thanks.

• September 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Glad to see some votes for Mal! woohoo. Thanks for voting. I’m glad it was fun. It was fun to put together!…and challenging

5. September 10, 2013 12:36 pm

ONLY 1 vote for Captain Jack Aubrey??! Come on people! Well, I picked him & Cap. Von Trapp, though I’d have voted for another Naval Captain, Capt. Horatio Hornblower played by Gregory Peck, natch! 😀

• September 10, 2013 1:48 pm

I had to include Aubrey and I knew that if I didn’t, I wouldn’t hear the end of my horrible omission. 🙂

Horatio Hornblower!! nice! Thanks for voting, Ruth.

6. Trevor permalink
    September 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Captain Mal is my only vote.

His crew is infinitely more diverse and superior to any other captain’s crew on this list.

Everyone else can suck it.

(Though I do love Capt. Jack Sparrow. But why no Capt. Jack Harkness from “Torchwood”? This could be considered an outrage)

• September 10, 2013 1:55 pm

haha. simple enough: because Torchwood is television and all of the captains listed here are featured in a full-length movie. 🙂

Thanks for voting. I may just have to repeat this poll for tv captains at some point in time

• Trevor permalink
        September 11, 2013 12:09 am

Well, I’m pretty sure “Torchwood” has had some feature length films. So it should count.

Furthermore, Capt. Barbosa could have been on this list also. He was the yin to Sparrow’s yang.

Granted, I rooted for Davey Jones for most of the movies personally. And then Blackbeard for the 4th installment. I sure love my pirates.

7. September 10, 2013 10:10 pm

I haven’t seen all of these, but I went with Reynolds and Miller. Two great captains right there.

• September 16, 2013 1:31 pm