New Posters of the Week (9/13/13)

September 14, 2013

Happy Saturday! It is time, once again, to check out all of the…

As you know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

It’s that time again! Time to share the newest movie posters released and my thoughts on them. These silent movie promoters are the results of the creative brainstorming of some talented (most of them) artists and sometimes can be even more thrilling than the movie they are advertising. Take a look at this week’s batch: (To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

Thoughts:

A couple of neat posters this week, but not a lot (in sad contrast to the previous batch). My friend Ruth over at Flixchatter did a real nice spotlight on the one for Snowpiercer and I agree that that one is absolutely gorgeous. I really can’t wait to watch the film! I’m not too impressed by the other posters this week. The Book Thief has a certain draw to it. RoboCop is…well, it’s not convincing me that I really need to see this remake. Zulu grabs my attention. Perhaps because my eyes expect to see Michael Caine’s name in the credits and it’s not.

Plush is different and catches the eye a little bit because of it, but it’s nothing spectacular. And, is it just me, or are the character posters for Thor: The Dark World just not as cool as the ones for Thor? Anyways, I can’t wait to see the film itself.

Well, just a rather mediocre bunch in my opinion this week.

My faves of the week: Snowpiercer, Ender’s Game and The Book Thief.

What do YOU think? Which ones are your favorites in this spotlight? Which ones do you like/hate and why? Leave a comment! 🙂

To see past editions of this post (Spotlight on New Posters of the Week), click HERE. Posters courtesy ImpAwards, Collider and additional sources (visit them to see more like these).

1. September 14, 2013 11:15 am

Some technical difficulties kept me out of this week’s post, but still wanted to share a couple comments. I really liked The Book Thief because the poster tells the entire concept of the movie very well. At least if I’m correct in my interpretation. I haven’t watched any trailers or seen any other material for the movie yet. It seems to be a period piece about a courageous woman who steals banned books that are about to be burned because of supposed “obscene” material in what most rational people would think of as great literature.

• September 14, 2013 4:12 pm

not a woman, but a little girl 🙂

• September 16, 2013 1:35 pm

I look forward to seeing The Book Thief. Thanks for still adding your comments in here. We will get everything straightened out for the next batch for sure!

2. September 14, 2013 4:11 pm

the second row horizontally is my fave too 🙂 Especially SNOWPIERCER and BOOKTHIEF (I’m spotlighting both BOOKTHIEF and PIP tomorrow 🙂

• September 16, 2013 1:36 pm

I think I have to also say, looking at it again, that the 2nd row horizontally is my favorite row altogether.

3. September 15, 2013 1:57 pm

I adore posters as well! One of the many perks of going to the cinema alone is getting to slowly stroll through the corridor with the posters. Thor, The Book Thief and Plush caught my eye here. And I can’t wait to see Thor either even though the posters have been… let’s say disappointing so far. Awesome feature!

• September 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Welcome, Elina and thank you for visiting and enjoying the posters! I agree that it is always fun strolling through the halls of the cinema and looking at posters. Hope to hear more of your thoughts on posters in weeks to come!

yes, good call on the Thor posters. Glad we see eye to eye on them. ha

4. September 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks for the shout out T! That Snowpiercer one remains my favorite 🙂

• September 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Absolutely. and we definitely see eye to eye on that one! I wish we could get the full version of the film here.

5. September 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Your faves are mine! I’m starting to really think Ender’s Game is going to be pretty good. I’m really intrigued by The Book Thief. Need to get that book soon-ish…

• September 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Kim, I’ve always said that you have great taste! ;D

6. October 1, 2013 3:02 am

Playing a long delayed game of catch-up…. I like the classical imagery in the Odin poster. The Book Thief is probably the best of the bunch here, though. As others have said, it really tells the whole story. Mr. Pip has a good design as well.

RoboCop… would look better if it didn’t have to convince me it was RoboCop.