Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
Trailers of the Week:
1. Homefront. Releasing on November 27, this thriller stars Jason Statham, father and former DEA agent, who moves to a quiet town and trouble finds him courtesy a local meth druglord played by James Franco. With its screenplay written by Sylvester Stallone and based on the Chuck Logan novel, look for Homefront (also starring Winona Ryder, Frank Grillo and Kate Bosworth) this Thanksgiving.
2. Grace of Monaco. A biopic of Hollywood star Grace Kelly starring Nicole Kidman. A look at Kelly’s struggles in her marriage, political disputes and overall identity all the while during an impending French invasion of Monaco in the 1960’s. Kidman’s pal, Naomi Watts’ Diana releases in the same month as Grace of Monaco: November 2013.
3. Last Days on Mars. Without John Carter there all hope may be lost. Join Liev Schreiber and his teammembers in this scifi thriller that follows astronauts fighting against terrors unseen while collecting specimens on Mars. It has a “Prometheus”/”Apollo 19″/”The Thing” feel to it. Look for it to blast off to a theater near you between September and December of this year.
4. Nebraska. Nebraska is the state that an aging father believes he must go to in order to claim a million dollar prize from a mega sweepstates marketing ploy. Fortunately, you won’t have to travel all the way to Nebraska to see this delightful drama about said father and his estranged son (WIll Forte) that releases on November 22.
5. I Will Follow You Into the Dark. A woman, alone after the death of her parents, finds that perhaps death isn’t the final “goodbye” in this horror/romance as she and her friends brave a haunted high-rise in search of her recently disappeared love interest. Look for this thriller on October 11, 2013.
6. Great Expectations. One William Shakespeare’s gets a remake with Romeo & Juliet, here is a remake of one of Charles Dickens’ tale brought to film again: Great Expectations. Starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and more, this re-adaptation is directed by Mike Newell (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) and is scheduled for release on October 11.
7. Grudge Match. Two boxing rivals well past their prime are coerced into fighting a tiebreaker bout 30 years after their last meeting in the ring. Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro (of Rocky and Raging Bull) finally face each other. Get ready to rumble when the gloves come off on Christmas Day in this fun comedy directed by Peter Segal (Anger Management).
Spotlight Video of the Week:
The release of this honest trailer coincides with its subject’s blu-ray release. World War Z came out on disc this week and the crew at Honest Trailers present their spin on how the trailers should’ve prepared you for it.
Be warned…it is full of spoilers, so, if you haven’t seen the movie…you probably should avoid pressing play.
This video did make me laugh though seeing all the holes they poke at the film starring Brad Pitt. Check it out:
What do you think?
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today: The Last Days on Mars, Nebraska and Homefront.
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, September 20, 2013:
- Wide Release: Prisoners (my review will post soon), and Battle of the Year.
- Limited Release: Enough Said, Thanks for Sharing, A Single Shot and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: “New Posters of the Week”