Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
Trailers of the Week:
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. A new trailer for the next installment of The Hobbit trilogy looks as great as all of the trailers for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings movies. Starring a plethora of actors (some new and some returning to the Tolkein-verse as presented by Peter Jackson), this continuation follows the journey of one Bilbo Baggins and his accompanying band of dwarfs and wizards. Continue the unexpected journey this December 13, 2013.
2. Rio 2. A full trailer for the animated sequel featuring the voices of Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway, Jamie Foxx and more. Blu and his family uproot themselves from the comforts of Rio de Janeiro in favor of moving to the Amazon. Excitement and adventure ensues in this animated film that looks to adequately entertain the audiences of the preceding film. Look for this one in theaters on April 11, 2014.
3. Philomena. Judi Dench stars in this drama as a woman, who, in search of her son after decades of losing him in a seemingly forced adoption, is found by a recently out of work journalist looking for a story to put him back on track. Their impact on one another through joining forces is more than at first thought it would be. Both on a search for meaning and purpose, follow them in Philomena which is scheduled for a November 27, 2013 release.
4. Foxcatcher. This chilling first teaser trailer for Foxcatcher starring Steve Carell, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo is one of the best of the week for sure. For context, here is the synopsis from IMDB: “The story of Olympic Wrestling Champion Mark Schultz and how paranoid schizophrenic John duPont killed his brother, Olympic Champion Dave Schultz.” Look for this to release in 2014 as it was recently pushed back from a late 2013 release date.
5. The Nut Job. Another animated adventure. This time, a starving squirrel assembles a team of other animals to rob a nut store in order to be set for months to come. Nothing special really, but it does feature the voices of Liam Neeson, Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fraser and more. Releasing during the movie dumping ground of January, this one will be in and out of theaters quickly next year.
6. Last Love. Also entitled “Mr. Morgan’s Last Love,” this film stars Michael Caine and Clémence Poésy as two lonely humans bound through their solitude and separated in age by decades. The meaning of family and love rings true as revelations and feelings are exposed and a father has a last chance with a son while a woman has a last chance for a family she never had. Look for this touching drama to release this month. (Oh, and Gillian Anderson is in it too).
7. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Featurette). An IMAX featurette for the upcoming sequel that looks to be very promising. I love when the filmmakers put extra attention into their methods of filming. This featurette gives another reason to look for this one in an IMAX theater near you.
Spotlight Video of the Week:
Now…I saw this movie last night and let me tell you…WOW! Don’t miss my review later today. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney star in this upcoming release and what a ride it is. Watch this featurette below that features them, but also features real life astronauts speaking about the genuine authenticity of the film. Very impressive work.
Check it out:
What do you think? If you weren’t already convinced to see it, are you now? If still you aren’t, be sure to read my review for it soon. Gravity releases in theaters tomorrow.
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today: Foxcatcher, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Last Love.
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, October 4, 2013:
- Wide Release: Gravity (my review soon), Runner Runner, Pulling Strings and Grace Unplugged.
- Limited Release: A.C.O.D., Concussion, Parkland and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
up next: Review of Gravity followed by “New Posters of the Week”