Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
Trailers of the Week:
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The final trailer for the next Hunger Games film follows Katniss Everdeen in another fight for her life and more at stake. More than just a game, Katniss has sparked not only hope, but also a rebellion…and both are wanton to be destroyed by the rulers in Panem. Don’t miss this exciting adventure starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Donald Sutherland, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and more. It releases on November 22.
2. The Wolf of Wall Street. Martin Scorsese’s newest film was pushed out of 2013 and now looks to have settled back into 2013 with a Christmas Day release. Leonardo DiCaprio stars in this film based on a true story of a wealthy successful stockbroker with capital and corruption both under scrutiny from the FBI. Co-starring Jonah Hill, Matthew McConaughey, Jon Favreau and more, enjoy this newest trailer.
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past. The Bryan Singer directed sequel to X-Men: First Class not only brings the team together, but brings them together…with themselves from the future. Two time periods unit in a battle of survival as mutants are threatened. Do not miss this exciting trailer with familiar faces and foes. The continuation begins on May 23, 2014.
4. Open Grave. Synopsis for this film starring Sharlto Copley (District 9, Elysium) via IMDB: “A man wakes up in the wilderness, in a pit full of dead bodies, with no memory and must determine if the murderer is one of the strangers who rescued him, or if he himself is the killer.” This thriller releases on January 3rd. Watch the trailer and tell me what you think.
5. 47 Ronin. A new trailer for the Keanu Reeves martial artist fantasy finds him with a crew of Ronin warriors outnumbered against powerful foes. Set to avenge the death of their master, the Ronin warriors seek to destroy the powerful shogun and the quest is far from easy. Watch this visual treat of a trailer and look for the film to open on Christmas Day.
6. Mr. Peabody & Sherman. Dreamworks presents the first trailer for the childhood favorites brought to life in beloved animated form. Mr. Peabody and Sherman must travel back in time in order to save the future in this animated adventure similar to Back to the Future. Voice talent aplenty in this film prove to bring life to the fun mix of characters throughout time. Check out the fun trailer and prepare to travel. Opening time is March 7, 2014.
7. Hours. Here is another trailer for the Paul Walker dramatic thriller of a man fighting for the life of his brand new baby daughter when Hurricane Katrina threatens all that is necessary to keep her alive. This “what would YOU do?” drama looks to pack a bit of an emotional punch and releases on December 11, 2013.
8. Mindscape. Totally not the style of trailer I was expecting after seeing the poster a while back, this thriller stars Taissa Farmiga, Mark Strong, Brian Cox and more is about a man who can enter people’s memories and finds a subject to investigate in order to figure out if she is a victim of trauma or a psychopath responsible for it. This psychological thriller looks to blow your mind in January.
Additional Trailers (click the photo to watch):
Spotlight Video of the Week:
A documentary about my most favorite comic strip growing up…and still to this day. I can’t wait to watch this. Who didn’t love Calvin & Hobbes? This is a look at the man who held the pen and his passion for one of the greatest drawn and greatest written comics of all time. Check it out.
Look for this tribute to release in mid-November.
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today: X-Men: Days of Future Past, Mr. Peabody & Sherman and The Wolf of Wall Street.
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, November 1, 2013:
- Wide Release: Ender’s Game (My review soon to come), Last Vegas and Free Birds.
- Limited Release: Diana, Mr. Nobody, About Time, Dallas Buyers Club, Broken Sur and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer